Waxwing[otome, fantasy, commercial] Hiatus

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
syazleana
Deviantart: lunamariaesther

Re: Waxwing[otome, Fantasy, Story base] June 4 update on pag

#121 Post by syazleana »

Whoa~the art~ You got my attention already~ <3

Humm.......the names sounds familiar. Are you the one who made an otome game in deviantart, the story is somewhat like Red Riding hood? 6(o.o;)

Samantha Chan
Regular
Projects: Project Dualis; ACE Academy; One Leaf Clover; Seduce Me; Maid with Perfection; Cafe Memoria; Asagao Academy; The Reject Demon: Toko

#122 Post by Samantha Chan »

Wow, the art for this is gorgeous ! *^* You've also gotten so much done, it's impressive. Once there's a demo out, I'll definitely be willing to play it~ (:
Voice Actress // Writer
Youtube | Resume

Kagura
Regular

#124 Post by Kagura »

looks kewl c: . . .

. . . .

im keeping my eye on this @u@ wait dumb Q. is it out or when is it gonna be out yet? O3O

I can do voice actings and help with the story~
Just message me if y'need help c:

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#125 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Hm...according to what Bunbun said, it might be out next year (2014) I guess? LOL not sure... :D
Yup, looking forward to it~

Dawnfire
Regular

#126 Post by Dawnfire »

This looks really fantastic. The art is beautiful and the story is interesting. (I hope the main character isn't yet another damsel-in-distress, though.) I see some grammatical mistakes in here, though. Do you have a proofreader?
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

bunbun
Regular

#127 Post by bunbun »

Sorry guys for the suuuuuuppppeerrrr late reply.
For people who follow me, you probably know my pattern that I will only reply when I have updates ha-hahaha
I'm so sorry but I will 100% reply to all comments! If you are urgently in need of my reply you can go to my tumblr ask box!
Anyway replies!

@Mimi_Melody : Thank you! Someone suggested me to add him once I'm done with the others.
I am considering adding him if I have any idea.
Good/bad news, there might be more than 12 chapters!

@pickle131 : Thanks! I will try my best OTL
I won't give up!

@syazleana : Thank you <3 Yes I did the game called "Mori no Monogatari"!!!
Thanks for playing it too! This game however is totally different from that comedy crack game!

@Samantha Chan : Awww thank you! I hope I can finish it soon too ><

@cutemonkeycrunch : Thank you!

@Kagura : Unfortunately nop, it's not out yet, not even the demo.
I promise myself to finish writing it before focusing on other work.
I do draw or design GUI when I feel stress though!
And Mimi_Melody is right, I did mention that I might release a demo around next year.

@Mimi_Melody : Oh you *slap* You saw my plan.
Yeap, hopefully I can finish writing soon and start drawing the sprites and cg!

@Dawnfire : Thank you dawnfire. I discussed it with my proofreaders and we agree that she is not a damsel-in-distress.
I am not sure how others interpret though ^^;
And yes, I do have 4 few proof readers.
Also thanks for your reminder, I fixed the grammatical mistakes on the front page!

-----------------------------------
Now to updates :
I haven't been getting much rest(sleep), probably because of the weather.
However I seem to work harder and have more inspiration when I am exhausted.
Anyway I'm done with chapter 9, in the middle of writing chapter10.
There might be more than 12 chapters I'm not too sure.
Total word count is around 170k.

New character design :
Lottero family, Ranai and Herlihy.

Lastly miscellaneous. I made an ask.fm for people to ask question to the characters.
I draw the characters when I have time to, if I don't I will just answer the questions in text.
Have fun and see you all on the next update!
WIPS

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

Re: Waxwing[otome, Fantasy, Story base] July22 page 9 update

#128 Post by Mimi_Melody »

It's great to see all the updates.
Yep, that's good news I guess? Longer story yay! But don't overwork yourself ne~?
*cries and begs* don't slap me, I'm only stalking you...for a little bit....LOL :D
Awww, I'm such a nice fan~ Yay me!
Good luck with the game!

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#129 Post by ShadowBerry »

Seriously...I say it again and again: I am SO in love with Shin >o<
and still the 'not 100% romance' bugs me....Shin is a god and so I dont expect to see a sweet love story between him and a 'normal' princess xDD
I wont give up hope but yeah xD

*wears a Shin Fan Girl Shirt*
e_e
Own project:

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#130 Post by try10 »

Thank you very much for the update. Everything looks gorgeous as always. :D

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#131 Post by Kyra10 »

I have been stalking this for quite some time now.
The art is amazing!
Good Luck :)

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

#132 Post by Talann »

Ohmygod, everything about this game is perfect, it makes me cry of happiness :'(

bunbun
Regular

#133 Post by bunbun »

@Mimi_Melody : It's so sweet to have someone following the updates closely *smooches you*
I just hope...you won't run away with an important announcement *hides*

@ShadowBerry : Thank you for liking Shin! I won't say it is romance nor not a romance story. I can't speak of any spoilers now but all I can say is it depends on how players(you) interpret their relationship. ^^

@try10 : Thanks for always coming by! More updates coming hehe!

@Kyra10 : Thank you Kyra <3

@Talann
: Awwww thank you so much. I don't think everything is perfect but...I will try my best to brush up ><

---------------------------------
Important update :

I'm just quoting this from the blog.
Things have been messy lately, but I am slowly picking up my pace in neatening this project. I have been thinking for a few weeks already and I’ve finally found courage to announce this. (which everyone should eventually know…)

As some people have known, Waxwing is under Oasis Plus group and is no longer an independent game. I’ve decided to do this for the sake of future projects and long term updates as Waxwing will eventually end one day while I might make new games in the future.

Waxwing is going to be a commercial game. If nothing goes wrong, the price will be 20usd. Donations for this game will be closed. I deeply apologize for fooling everyone saying it was free, but I didn’t mean to do so.

I don’t intend to earn money from this game as I’ve said before. The money will be used to pay back commissioned backgrounds and raise funds for future projects. So, if you like Waxwing and would like to see more project from us with Syn being the lead artist, please support us and not pirate or we will not have funds for our next project…

In exchange for paying 20usd, you will get around 100+ (excluding variation) original backgrounds like the samples above. You will also be able to enjoy a wide screen 1352x768 game resolution. To allow players to enjoy the graphics even more, you are able to hide or leave the menu on screen while playing (thanks to Arowana for helping me with the animation.)

As for writing, Rek & Recor’s chapter 10 is done. I am currently writing Taga’s chapter 10. I am going to go on writing for the 3 of them while leaving Sheol and Shin behind for now. I might also include the 6th obtainable if I finish all 5 characters smoothly and it doesn’t become too stressful by the end of this project.

Okay so...I will expect receiving negative feedbacks but...well things happens :?
WIPS

KittyKatStar
Veteran

Re: Waxwing[otome, Fantasy, commercial] IMPORTANT UPDATE

#134 Post by KittyKatStar »

*hug* It's totally understandable bunbun. I'd gladly pay to support future games from you guys since Waxwing looks amazing.

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

Re: Waxwing[otome, Fantasy, commercial] IMPORTANT UPDATE

#135 Post by Didules »

That's alright, you don't have to apologize at all! As long as the game is good, then it's rather normal to pay for it, and according to what I've seen from Waxwing, it'll definitely be a good game. Besides it's not like you "fooled everyone" since you didn't do it voluntarily. It understandable, so don't worry
I just hope that nothing goes wrong. Just a Question, since the game is going to be commercial, will everything be original (art, musics, ...)? Will we be able to play to a demo? (because, yeah, 20US$ stay 20US$ XD)
Otherwise, everything seems great, the BG are awesome, so are the characters :) I support you in your decision! Good luck!

(Ahhh! I thought I would be the first to post my support >.<)