What is your favourite dere type?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Semienigma
Regular
Projects: Cerebral Hinderance: Inner Iniquity

Re: What is your favourite dere type?

#31 Post by Semienigma »

Hmm, I didn't know there were more types! Yay! I personally love Yandere's best because they are just fun and having them in a story is always exciting. Next I like is Kuudere and Dandere though for most of these I like male examples((Yay for Deredere boys!)). For girls I like Yans cuz...yeah still fun.
Working On:
Improving my art and my first Kinetic Novel Cerebral Hindrance: Inner Iniquity(more info coming soon)
Visit my Tumblr! to see my art

ShippoK
Veteran
Projects: Eyes of Gold (In-Progress)
Organization: (Red Moon)

#32 Post by ShippoK »

latte wrote:@Shippo Not hating on you since we all have opinions, but what makes you dislike Yuno so much? Actually what work with a good yandere character would you recommend instead? I'm in need of some.
(Now that I'm out from hiding).

Yuno's definitely all opinion biased for 'me'. I think the really big I dislike is her thing at the very end where... Well, can't spoil but her 'Reasoning' to love Yuki so much; but it was just bullcrud.
That and she's just to over the top as an Yandere that it becomes more childish then scary.
She doesn't come off as a good Yandere 'to me' but more of as a Ax Crazy Simpleton in B-rated movies.
(nohatenohatenohate.)

What makes a good Yandere character?: Subtleness.
Yandere's are suppose to come off scary but also loving and sometimes even unsuspecting.
An Yandere plans there goals one step at a time, they get to know the victims they want to kill most and wait for the right time to leap.
If they don't, they'll just make themselves look bad towards the person they love the most. Then what are they gaining in return?
Sometimes, An Yandere just has to make scarifies...
Sure she'll let MC go have a date with 'popular 'girl-chan' tomorrow and not with her...
Sure she'll have dinner alone while MC is over his ''bestfriend-kun's' house...
It only gives her more and more reasons to despise them, loathe them... Kill them...
Yandere's are patient... Yandere's are cautious... Yandere's are ready to act at any moment... And no one can stop them...

That's what I think makes a good Yandere anyway, I can see people thinking it's crazy and lame to see them like that.
I quite enjoy more Open Yandere's myself.
Much Appreciated for those who took the Survey!

Image Image
Eyes of Gold [BL (Suspense) (+18)] IN-PROGRESS
Alternate Online [(Friendship) (+10)] ON-HOLD
DeviantART• •[Honest critique] - 'Honesty is its own reward.'

suikojay
Regular

#33 Post by suikojay »

ShippoK wrote: I think the really big I dislike is her thing at the very end where... Well, can't spoil
You can always just use the spoil tag! :mrgreen:
That and she's just to over the top as an Yandere that it becomes more childish then scary.
She doesn't come off as a good Yandere 'to me' but more of as a Ax Crazy Simpleton in B-rated movies.
Gasai Yuno crying 2.jpg

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

#34 Post by Talann »

*Le me replying late
I personally like guys who are either Mayadere, Kuudere, Tsundere or DereDere.
(I have to admit I am the DereDere type,lol)

ShippoK
Veteran
Projects: Eyes of Gold (In-Progress)
Organization: (Red Moon)

#35 Post by ShippoK »

suikojay wrote:
You can always just use the spoil tag! :mrgreen:
Don't want to make this anymore off-topic as it is, this ain't no Mirai Nikki thread.
But Yuno whole 'Pretend love' scene was just... This could of been done better if Yuno was done better as an Yandere.
Also the ending is very silly.:lol:
Nothing to do with her, but the ending makes me laugh everytime I see it.
Totally understand why people like her none the less, she is a cutie.
Much Appreciated for those who took the Survey!

Image Image
Eyes of Gold [BL (Suspense) (+18)] IN-PROGRESS
Alternate Online [(Friendship) (+10)] ON-HOLD
DeviantART• •[Honest critique] - 'Honesty is its own reward.'

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#36 Post by SilverxBlue »

Took the quiz annnnd...

Loli = 6
Tsundere = 4
Yandere = 8 (I was definitely not expecting this, I swear to God...)
Kuudere = 10 (Now, THIS I was expecting.)
Dandere = 6

I like Kuuderes because I'm one of them and they mostly become my favourites in VNs and Animes... I like Kamideres, too because I think they're kind of funny. Though in real life, I adore derederes. XD
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

suikojay
Regular

#37 Post by suikojay »

SilverxBlue wrote:Took the quiz annnnd...
Loli = 6
Tsundere = 4
Yandere = 8 (I was definitely not expecting this, I swear to God...)
Kuudere = 10 (Now, THIS I was expecting.)
Dandere = 6
Congratulations!!! You're our first person with some serious Yan traits! :mrgreen: You should be proud! xP

TwilightOfTheSoul
Regular

#38 Post by TwilightOfTheSoul »

Not sure what to make of this...how did my tsun count get so high @.@

Loli: 3
Tsundere: 6
Yandere: 3
Kuudere: 10
Dandere: 8

I would have said kuudere before I took that quiz so I guess I was spot-on. I'm definitely a cold and sarcastic person to just about everyone but I definitely warm up a lot once I get to know you. Just don't expect me to try real hard to get to know you in the first place. I guess I love these kinds of characters in anime and VNs.

Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai is my idol. You could argue her being tsun but I think she's more kuu.

Amy
Regular
Completed: Yandere in 100 Words
Projects: Fate/otome, Carmilla
Organization: Yandere^2

#39 Post by Amy »

Oh, hey, another quiz!
Loli/Shota: 4
Tsundere: 4
Yandere: 4 (I'm not doing this on purpose! Really!)
Kuudere: 5
Dandere: 5
...Well, uh, exceptionally balanced, apparently.

On the subject of why people like yandere, there's a thing I wrote 3 years ago on why I like it. (I find it a bit embarrassing now, to be honest - you should be able to see why. ^^;)
My co-owner Kat's comment, on the other hand, seems to capture some of why people don't like yandere.
latte wrote:Actually what work with a good yandere character would you recommend instead? I'm in need of some.
If you don't mind me chipping in, Bungaku Shoujo gets overlooked all too often by people looking for yandere stuff.
It has a movie adaptation and 3 OVAs; the movie (adapted from volume 5) centres on a much more realistic kind of yandere than is usual.
I personally like the books better, although the adaptations are good in their own right.
Our high school romantic comedy 4koma with 200% more yandere: Yandere Squared!

Yandere story collection + Yandere article collection
Submissions welcome!

Yandere in 100 Words: Visual Novel edition (It's my first visual novel, so please drop by with some feedback! ^^)

Aines445
Regular

#40 Post by Aines445 »

My favourite dere type? Depends, I like all types when done right. Though I must say that I gravitate towards deredere in most cases. In terms of yandere, I don't really know. It's creepy but since it's a game, it doesn't bother me too much? I do have a certain line that yanderes should not cross though, but I don't have a good definition of it yet. For tsundere and kuudere, I don't like when the tsun is overdone (a.k.a Death by TSUNami!). And I guess that's pretty much it.

I took the quiz (test?) and here's my score if anyone is actually curious:

Loli - 5

Tsundere - 6

Yandere - 7 (Well, this is awkward...)

Kuudere - 11 (Kuudere just destroyed all other scores O.O...)

Dandere - 4

Honestly, I was kind of expecting to be kuudere but not 7 for yandere Good God I'm not that obssessive. I do have a tendecy to appear more cold and reserved, even though that's not the case and when I rage about a game I tend to like it for some reason X.X (Tsundere? XD)

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#41 Post by SilverxBlue »

suikojay wrote: Congratulations!!! You're our first person with some serious Yan traits! :mrgreen: You should be proud! xP
But I wasn't really expecting that... sure I get scary when I'm angry and stuff, but I'm not really a clingy, jealous, obsessive bitch that murmurs 'die' when somebody approaches my boyfriend. @__@
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

#42 Post by latte »

Amy wrote:If you don't mind me chipping in, Bungaku Shoujo gets overlooked all too often by people looking for yandere stuff.
It has a movie adaptation and 3 OVAs; the movie (adapted from volume 5) centres on a much more realistic kind of yandere than is usual.
I personally like the books better, although the adaptations are good in their own right.
Oh, I know Bungaku Shoujo, though I've never read the light novels since the English translations are freaking expensive and the originals a bit too hard for me. As for said character, I thought she was okay, but definitely didn't like her.
I'm even more convinced now that there are "factions" of yandere lovers, to say. Possibly because I like fantasy action stories, I prefer the likes of Yuno and Flandre. They're not realistic, but maybe that's why I can bring myself to like them. If they're too much like one of those "harmless" real life psychopaths, who we all know a bunch of, it hits too close to home and it turns me off instead.

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#43 Post by Didules »

First of all, thank you LVUER for the test, I had fun!
Then, results...
Loli: 2 (I am the archetypal contrary of a loli XD)
Tsun: 10 (That. is. a. lot @.@)
Yan: 8 (That. Is. Way. Too. Much!!!! @.@;)
Kuu: 3 (That's better....)
Dan: 4
Err, I knew I could be a bit obsessive about things and others and double-faced, but still... Yandere 8??? Why? As for the others... Nothing surprising I guess. I'm more into extremes it seems...

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#44 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

On the flipside of the yandere argument, I'm not a fan of tsundere characters. The fact that they can get away physically abusing whoever they want just because someone says something silly/stupid is kind of ridiculous. Sure, it's played for laughs in some anime, but I personally would never want to be around that person. People chuckle when a tsundere girl punches a guy in the face, but if it were a tsundere guy doing the same thing to a girl, people would be shouting. Of course, that's the double-standard and the most extreme case.

Honest Critique

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#45 Post by Didules »

Green Glasses Girl wrote:People chuckle when a tsundere girl punches a guy in the face, but if it were a tsundere guy doing the same thing to a girl, people would be shouting.
On that point, I agree with you, and it seems that there are different "tsundere personnalities", since I've never seen a tsundere boy punch anyone (but I'm not watching too many anime/reading manga with tsundere). For instance, the tsundere girl tends to be a dynamic person, sometimes selfish (princess type?) whereas the tsundere boy will be less selfish, etc etc...
I don't think a good tsundere chara has to be violent (I'm a non-violent). I also think that IRL tsundere are a bit annoying, but hey!, there aren't always happy with their personnalities either (è__é)