Rising Angels: The Red Rose

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

Re: Rising Angels: The Red Rose

#46 Post by Talann »

D'aw I loved this KN :D

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#47 Post by KomiTsuku »

Lesleigh63 wrote:Finished playing, thought I'd post my comments/thoughts.

When this opened in wide-screen, I thought wow (haven't been playing VNs very long and this is the first I've played in that format). Visually stunning. The backgrounds are beautiful and the characters just gorgeous to look at (god I want to be able to colour like that).

The story engaged me from the get go. It was exciting to be with them in the academy, while they struggled to come up to scratch. I really enjoyed that part. I didn't enjoy it so much when the story just focussed down to Faye and her love interest. I read your read-me so I can understand why that happened, plus my favourite character was Maj Brumford and we never went back to that lovely long-pink-haired elf who had something going with Yoi's sister I believe.

But thank you very much. I enjoyed myself.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. ^_^

Hmmmmm... I'm seeing a trend with that. That second act just doesn't seem to have been very well liked. I'm taking that into account with Rising Angels Reborn. No more keeping the romance and plot in separate sections where they pretend the other doesn't exist. I'm also considering the next story I do (after my long hiatus coming up) to be something that doesn't focus much on romance. Something where romance isn't the central plot point; a minor one, sure, but not a dating plot.

Old Brummy, huh? XD Nah, he didn't have anything going on with Yoi's sister. I don't think I even mentioned Mina in RA. That gives me an idea though...
Talann wrote:D'aw I loved this KN :D
It always makes me happy to hear that. ^_^

hafuhafu
Projects: Tachycardia
Organization: Hafuhafu's Room

#48 Post by hafuhafu »

I've finishing RA..yay...

really love the writing style, I'm not even bored when I read that..great job..

And the character development is something really catchy too..

I just feel kinda gloomy after read that tho..

The technical issue that I have (or maybe it is just me) is when I turn the window to full page, the preferences button still tiny and hard to read..but like I said, maybe just my pc experiencing that..

Overall... it just AWESOME.

minilys
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: Hidden-Masquerade

#49 Post by minilys »

I'm not finished (I'm around the middle of the story) but so far, I'v been in love with the art, the story and all...
I'm just desappointed: we don't see Iotor much... but according to a friend, he'll be the hero of another game? If it's true, I will be eager to see it ^^

I will follow you on all your other projects, I'm a true fan now!

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#50 Post by KomiTsuku »

hafuhafu wrote:I've finishing RA..yay...

really love the writing style, I'm not even bored when I read that..great job..

And the character development is something really catchy too..

I just feel kinda gloomy after read that tho..

The technical issue that I have (or maybe it is just me) is when I turn the window to full page, the preferences button still tiny and hard to read..but like I said, maybe just my pc experiencing that..

Overall... it just AWESOME.
I hope you weren't bored when you read it. If you were, I didn't do my job very well. I'm glad you liked the character development, it is something I pride myself on. There was a little more hostility than I (in retrospect) should have used, but I like adding characters who create conflict with each other. As for the end... well... don't feel too gloomy.
We ended that way to keep in the canon for the series (damn canon...), but I'm not going to let Faye's story end so sadly.
That is a technical issue on my side of the house. Because we were using the default menu, it didn't scale right. In future works, we are using unique GUIs to mitigate that issue.
minilys wrote:I'm not finished (I'm around the middle of the story) but so far, I'v been in love with the art, the story and all...
I'm just desappointed: we don't see Iotor much... but according to a friend, he'll be the hero of another game? If it's true, I will be eager to see it ^^

I will follow you on all your other projects, I'm a true fan now!
After hearing such kind words, it pains me to say that the rumor isn't true. Unless someone slips me a considerable bribe to make a swashbuckling tale of Iotor Quin and his merry band of commandos, I do not currently have any plans to make such a tale. However, it is true there is a spin-off in the works that should be coming out in two months. I'm very happy to say that I think this one will be the better of the two. We built on what went well from this one and moved to address a lot of the minor issues. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=22502
Iotor will be making a return and taking a larger role in the next part of this story.

Exaelia
Regular

#51 Post by Exaelia »

WHEN IS IT TELL ME I'M FREAKING OUT.

hafuhafu
Projects: Tachycardia
Organization: Hafuhafu's Room

#52 Post by hafuhafu »

Yes..yes KomiTsuku..
please don't let Faye's story ended so sadly..that..just unfair for such a lovely wolfie(oops...don't tell faye I called her that, okay :wink: )

I've peeking on your next project..
Thanks for making Faye's grown up version more sweet and pretty..

good luck with that :D

minilys
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: Hidden-Masquerade

#53 Post by minilys »

I finished the story and hafuhafu is right, you can't end her story like that!
If I will be able to see Iotor more, I'm happy. So, don't be sad KomiTsuku :)

Good luck for your next project, it seems to be quite a good story (and I get to see Faye again ^^ she's so beautiful with long hair)
a Hidden Masquerade game

GentleLynn

#54 Post by GentleLynn »

Ok afterplaying this game then the next one and after emailing the creator about how good the games are every time i think of this one, even though i love it the anger i feel as well makes me wish i never played it, most of the way through it i was loving it sure i was annoyed because there are no options and can't choose paths in it, i would have rather read this in a book format if there was no options, but after the rejection part i was still hopeful that she would get with lenna, but what keeps angering so me much iis that faye didn't just not end up with her BUT LENNA WENT WITH SOL!!!!! after playing this version i played the next one out of pure anger and rage hoping so badly fayes story continued where she stole lenna out of sol's hand but nope....... i love both game i really do but i feel so much HATRED for this one as well just because of the ending, i really hope you finish them game soon with options that lead to a path where faye ends up with lenna because i seriously keep getting mad every time i remember rising angels: the red rose, like rising angels: reborn was a lot of fun and i loved it, sure i didn't get the end i wanted in the yuri path where they are a couple and kiss but i was so so happy at that end i was squealing and rolling around on my bed, but it still doesn't stop me from HATING how this one ended, i hate it so so so much!!!! please please please! finish the game soon or at least change the ending!!!! i would recommend people play Rising Angels: Rebirth but i would never recommend my friends to read through Rising Angels: The Red Rose.