What dead project do you think have potential...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: What dead project do you think have potential...

#31 Post by gekiganwing »

Oh snap, a double post...

Just a few minutes ago, I referenced Love Revolution: Fragile Hearts elsewhere on this forum. It started around 2005 as a GxB version of a complex romance game that was in development at the time. It had updates here and there, but the LR:FH project was finally put to rest in January 2010. If you use archive.org to search through old versions of renaigames.net, you can find information about the plans.

I was more enthusiastic about complex games a few years ago, but after trying to enjoy a few that were frustrating or unintuitive, my enthusiasm has decreased. Still, my love for video games has never gone away, and I remind myself that Sturgeon's Law is always in effect. A good romance game is a rare and worthwhile find.

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#32 Post by Crocosquirrel »

netravelr wrote:(snip) I'd love for there to be another game like it.
Your wish may yet be granted... Not that game, as I wouldn't presume. But another game similar. I won't say much more, but there are plans afoot.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#33 Post by Blue Lemma »

Too bad Love Revo didn't happen. It was sort of like the original Katawa Shoujo ^^

Whatever happened to that Yang Sei Fu (I think that was his sn) guy? He had a lot of stuff going on with lots of writing, if I remember correctly.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by Lishy »

My project has potential. I just need an idea bouncer for motivation...
-

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#35 Post by gekiganwing »

Magical Schoolgirl Love Tale seemed to be going along well, but neither its forum thread nor its blog have been updated since July 2012.

wonderland
Regular
Projects: Fairy Tale Stupor [GxB] [Fantasy] [Adventure]

#36 Post by wonderland »

Happy Field! it's not a renpy game but it's so cute! I think it's on hiatus or something, it's such a shame, it had so much promise!
"Keep your head up princess, if not the crown falls.."

Surufe
Regular
Projects: [secret]
Organization: t-a-s-t-e Inc.

#37 Post by Surufe »

wonderland wrote:Happy Field! it's not a renpy game but it's so cute! I think it's on hiatus or something, it's such a shame, it had so much promise!
Awww... I agree ;3

I'm remaking one but I think I changed most of things in it, and they didn't do much yet ;3 So it didn't take much to make it better
New Account - Rye
I'm no longer using this account.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#38 Post by gekiganwing »

I remember hearing about Muto Anime's works back when this forum was still new. "Together Forever" sounded amazing, and I was really intrigued by all the games which the creator had apparently discontinued. Today, I realized that it's been almost nine years since their last update. There are now several games in English which have just about every feature that Together Forever promised. But I kind of miss the days when I was eagerly awaiting the next update...

Exaelia
Regular

#39 Post by Exaelia »

feathersnake wrote:I was sad to see the last chapter of Aquae get dropped.
It was probably the first KN I played. I still didn't really know exactly what Ren'py, visual novels and the like were back then, and I certainly didn't know what a KN was. On top of that, I played it when I was sick, so it kind of has a special place it my heart now, as funny as that may sound. ^///^;
What... no.... I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS AND I CAN'T EVEN FIND THE SECOND ARC DFSHBGSRHDJGSRJYXFHN.
"If I cared what people think, I would have dyed my hair black."
~Kurosaki Ichigo

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#40 Post by azureXtwilight »

Sharm wrote:I'm sad that Mermaid Liaisons never got completed.
I second that, and I loved Elven Relations too... :(

Also I adore Aquae's art. I wish I won't be making the same mistake by dropping my episodic project...
Last edited by azureXtwilight on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exaelia
Regular

#41 Post by Exaelia »

And it also just upsets me when any project is dying. It's like, are you really going to stop now, after you've done so much? I get that people have lives, but just totally throwing it away?! That's insanity! And it's also not fair to the people who have been watching the progress over time! Grrr!
~Kurosaki Ichigo

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#42 Post by azureXtwilight »

Exaelia wrote:And it also just upsets me when any project is dying. It's like, are you really going to stop now, after you've done so much? I get that people have lives, but just totally throwing it away?! That's insanity! And it's also not fair to the people who have been watching the progress over time! Grrr!
Ah well, people have their reasons. It's also not a good thing to work on something you don't give a damn about any more either.

Exaelia
Regular

#43 Post by Exaelia »

azureXtwilight wrote:
Exaelia wrote:And it also just upsets me when any project is dying. It's like, are you really going to stop now, after you've done so much? I get that people have lives, but just totally throwing it away?! That's insanity! And it's also not fair to the people who have been watching the progress over time! Grrr!
Ah well, people have their reasons. It's also not a good thing to work on something you don't give a damn about any more either.
Sigh, I guess so. But don't start something that you won't finish! Heh, I should take my own advice.
~Kurosaki Ichigo

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#44 Post by Googaboga »

^Most people don't start things they know they aren't going to finish. They start with the intention of getting it done but then things change. It is impossible to plan for all the things that could derail you from finishing a project.

Anyways I'm not sure it if truly dead but I thought Cucumber Princess sounded adorable. It's been quite awhile since there has been an update. But maybe it is still be worked on.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

feathersnake
Regular
Completed: A Rose by Any Other Name
Projects: Color, You've Got Mail!
Organization: Olfix Productions
Tumblr: olfix
Deviantart: olfix

#45 Post by feathersnake »

Exaelia wrote:
feathersnake wrote:I was sad to see the last chapter of Aquae get dropped.
It was probably the first KN I played. I still didn't really know exactly what Ren'py, visual novels and the like were back then, and I certainly didn't know what a KN was. On top of that, I played it when I was sick, so it kind of has a special place it my heart now, as funny as that may sound. ^///^;
What... no.... I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS AND I CAN'T EVEN FIND THE SECOND ARC DFSHBGSRHDJGSRJYXFHN.
I know what you mean. ;_; It was very sad news. Last I knew, she (the artist anyways) was working on something commercial and a thesis project I think. I secretly have hopes that someday the project will return, but only time will tell...

You can't find the second arc? o.o This one?
Olfix Productions:
Tumblr | itch.io
Complete Projects:
A Rose by Any Other Name
In-progress:
Color | You've Got Mail!