A Troll's Fairy Tale [Otome] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LliiraAnna
Regular

Re: A Troll's Fairy Tale [Otome] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

#151 Post by LliiraAnna »

Yeah, tvtropes is addicting. I discovered it not long ago and just can't leave it in peace x) still, some useful things can be found there, so imo it's worth reading.

Btw do you need help? With the text, I mean. I think I remember where several of the mistakes were.

Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

#152 Post by Morishita »

Thank you for letting me know, I'll have to stop over there and check it out a little more then ^^
@ LliiraAnna: If it wouldn't be to much to ask then yes please <) Feel free to send me a PM. It looks like my brain keeps passing over mistakes that I don't notice until much later or that I thought I might have fixed but didn't ^^; I get so frustrated with my head but I appreciate all the help that's been offered to me. <3

LliiraAnna
Regular

#153 Post by LliiraAnna »

Morishita wrote:Thank you for letting me know, I'll have to stop over there and check it out a little more then ^^
@ LliiraAnna: If it wouldn't be to much to ask then yes please <) Feel free to send me a PM. It looks like my brain keeps passing over mistakes that I don't notice until much later or that I thought I might have fixed but didn't ^^; I get so frustrated with my head but I appreciate all the help that's been offered to me. <3
No problem, I've already started to write things out. Oh... is there a possibility to send files via PM? >>

Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

#154 Post by Morishita »

I don't think so but you can contact me by email if you'd like.

CuddleTea
Projects: Melody of Ruin

#155 Post by CuddleTea »

This game was pretty fun. I loved the banter back and forth between the characters, and how she seemed slightly sarcastic. I enjoyed Edavine's path the most, especially for the sweet but kind of funny ending..

lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

#156 Post by lemonscent »

Aaah! That was so cute, I loved it:)
Lol but the letters in Edavine's route were super cheesy xD
They were more funny than romantic, but whatever lol.
The endings were cute & sweet ;o
Looking forward to more VNs from you!
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

Alwerien
Regular

#157 Post by Alwerien »

Finally found time to play this and loved it! Edavine was just so delicious. Cough.
When I noticed there were two good and one bad ending I sort of wondered if the bad ending makes her end up with Aeron. Not sure if I was glad or disappointed that wasn't so, haha. It would have been kind of fitting. I really loved the way Evine always talked to him and called out his P/A.
The one thing that felt little off was probably the count of CGs for Damine's vs Edavine's paths. I think it was 5 vs 2 which was sort of uneven. Overall Edavine's path seemed more thought out as well, but I have still enjoyed both a lot. I sort of made the mistake of playing Edavine's route first, so maybe that's why Damine's felt little less finalized to me after. I think if you can only get full enjoyment out of routes when following them in special order, maybe the later routes should just need to be unlocked. Of course, that's not really a viable option with just two routes to take, but maybe with more it would be? Well, either way, I still quite enjoyed it! Also, the backgrounds felt beautiful. I wanted to go those places ;_;

The heroine and her family were quite entertaining. Lovely dynamics too. And I just loved just how much her hair shined in those CGs XD.

I have noticed several typos here and there (most fresh memory are several in the poll bonus), but it wasn't too bad, mostly stuff like like missing/extra 's.
I love it when games with romance option have possible love interests both male and female. I wish there were more games like that. :<

Ariya Vanna
Completed: Frozen essence, Alistair , get dumped, (p)lanet

#158 Post by Ariya Vanna »

At first i was like ; ACACIA!! YOUR SISTER IS NORMAL--AND- WHY!! WHY ARE UR HAIR- - -
=45 minute playing=
She is pretty cool ..., ',')/

Papierstern

#159 Post by Papierstern »

I really enjoyed the game :D especially Damine's path - I'm a sucker for love-hate relationship :D
the artwork is beautiful

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#160 Post by Fenrir34 »

Now this game is what I wanted to see. I haven't seen to many vn's with characters that are looked down upon because of they're looks and nature, yet still have a strong attitude and belief in themselves.

This was a really good game and the art was beautiful.

Please make more inspiring games like this one and have the underdog go on top :D

Exaelia
Regular

#161 Post by Exaelia »

I really must say that this was a great game to play. I cried. Because I truly know how she feels. I hope to see more of your work.

ElectraPop

#162 Post by ElectraPop »

Simply wonderful game!!
I adored Acacia, her personality was very endearing.
I have a weakness for strong, hot headed girls that are mushy and soft inside.
Also I really wanted to punch those guys that picked on her and called her names, ugh. (I'm soglad she was the kind to not stand for it and just kick their asses, magnificent girl.)

Damine was my favorite route, what a charming little shit.
Also I loved the sprite art.
Fantastic job!

Gulwsha
Projects: E.U.N.O.I.A

#163 Post by Gulwsha »

Hii morishita~ Just wanted to say I played your game (before finding this post). It wassss really fun! And I loved both the unicorn and fairy. Fairy more =3 I hate that troll though. Thank god he isn't actually a playable hahaha

dasea

#164 Post by dasea »

Great game. : D Especially since it was made in a month. You wouldn't be able to guess since everything is so well made. I love how you included characters with dark skin tones (yay for diversity!), and I also love how Acacia has a strong personality. Very cute, excellent story. At one point I couldn't stop crying, then other points I feel so fluffy with the cuteness.

Like others pointed out there were some typos. And the blue choice boxes stick out but its a free game and you only had one month so its fine.

Overall very nice. If you made a commercial game next I would buy it.

Junesong
Regular

#165 Post by Junesong »

This is one of my all-time favorite games, hands down! It's so kawaii! I really like Edavine, he's perfect! I like both of the romance options but Edavine is definitely my favorite, he's my dreamguy down to a T!
And the sprites were absolutely perfect, Acacia is such a beauty and everyone looks so flawless, really awesome job! xx