Project Evolution: A Pokémon Otome Game

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
EVLT

Project Evolution: A Pokémon Otome Game

#1 Post by EVLT »

Concept

You, the heroine and modelled after Eevee, get to pursue other characters that are designed to have some features of the Eeveelutions. Not exactly furries, but the colour schemes are there and they'll most likely have powers mirroring their original counterparts. The game will be set within the original regions, and though no existing characters will be used, Pokémon staples such as Poké Balls, towns, and mythos will be present.

Plot

You've escaped Cinnabar Mansion, a cruel place that imprisons both Pokémon and people alike. Its researchers conduct experiments on them, and one of their primary goals is to bring the two closer together -- in essence, creating a new species that will have the intellect of people and the power of Pokémon. You are the result of one of such experiments, but with the help of other prisoners, have broken free from the Mansion's clutches and are now on the run. You meet others who were also subjected to its research, and together you roam the Kanto region in hopes of finding a peaceful respite... For those pursuing you are not just scientists, but also the fearful Mewtwo, who can hear your every thought and heartbeat...

Main Character Sheet [in-progress]

Left to right: Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon [in-progress]

This game will only cover first-generation evolutions for now, until I'm certain the project will go smoothly. Of course, this will be strictly fan-made and free. I would like to cover Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Should I encompass them all in one game, or have a game for each generation? Should I mix generations? Is it possible to patch games once new generations come out?

EVLT

Re: Project Evolution: A Pokémon Otome Game

#2 Post by EVLT »

Reserved for updates list...

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

Earlier this year, Ayutac was working on a fangame in the Pokemon universe with simulation gameplay and BxG pairings. A demo was released, but the thread hasn't been updated in four months...

Keep in mind that creating fangames is risky. There is always a chance that the person / company who owns it will send you a cease and desist notice. It might happen even if your game is respectful of the original property (accurate characterization, no NSFW content).

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#4 Post by Duskylli »

Oooh I like the concept and plot so far :) The art is really pretty as well I especially like the colouring. Its fun seeing pokemon in human form.
EVLT wrote: This game will only cover first-generation evolutions for now, until I'm certain the project will go smoothly. Of course, this will be strictly fan-made and free. I would like to cover Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Should I encompass them all in one game, or have a game for each generation? Should I mix generations? Is it possible to patch games once new generations come out?
It depends on your experience in game making and what you think your capable of. If this is your first game it may be best to start with the first generation to keep it short and achievable. Too many characters and routes may become overwhelming and will lengthen the game making process. Maybe the first game could be about the first generation with a foreshadowing ending which introduces the second game if you decide to continue. Then the second game could have a mix of first and some other generations. As you'll be more experienced an already have sprites for the first generation. So yeah I think theres a better chance of completing a series of smaller games compared to one big game.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#5 Post by Kato »

Ahh that Eevee is freaking adorable! :D
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

AeraMillenia

#6 Post by AeraMillenia »

I CANNOT believe I didn't see this earlier...!!! Eevee looks so ADORABLE!! I can't wait for you to complete this! I hope more people get to see this.

Ant-san
Regular
Completed: Snowdrop, The Demon Lord is Mine, PrinHero, PreOdyssey
Projects: The Three Princes and Adarna

#7 Post by Ant-san »

A Pokemon otome game? I so love this idea~ >w<

Is this still happening though? I think the last update was jun-july-ish? :(
Otome game currently in progress~;)
Feel free to check it out ^_^

Interested in commissioning me?

Finished Project/s:
The Philosopher's War

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by 15385bic »

oh how interesting! evee and the different evolutions!!! and not just that - OTOME *A*!
i was telling a friend of mine i wanted to see ur art in a VN when i saw u on the recruitmentt thread~
good luck!

it is apparently possible to patch games (i'm not sure how but my partner talked about it b4)
it would be cool to see all the guys at once but prob easier to just do a generation at a time