Eevee and Kyoko - Visual Novel!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
eeveetron
Completed: Eevee and Kyoko, Odd Love Test [30daydev], Deathly Escape [SCREAMWORLD]
Tumblr: eeveetron
Deviantart: eeveetron
itch: eeveetron

Eevee and Kyoko - Visual Novel!

#1 Post by eeveetron »

Eevee and Kyoko is my first visual novel! :D
The main character awakens in the evening out on the vast grassy plain without any memory of the self meeting Eevee and Kyoko traveling around. They insist the main character joins them on their travels, which may cause a remembrance of the past meant to be forgotten.

It's a short visual novel I made to test Ren'Py since I'm a beginner.
I made the main character "gender-less" so anyone can play it as themselves! :o The main character speaks in 1st person narration. Total game play to get all 6 endings (if on auto) is about 30-35 mins, and word count is 3,503.

and about the character art and most background art in game, I made them with the program ComiPo!, which lets you make 3D anime characters!
Anyway! xD have fun playing!

If there are any problems with downloads or game play, please let me know! Feel free to criticize my work too, because I'll need it! 8)
Windows:
Eevee_and_Kyoko-1.0-win.zip
(38.91 MiB) Downloaded 2006 times
Mac:
Eevee_and_Kyoko-1.0-mac.zip
(37.3 MiB) Downloaded 324 times
Linux:
Eevee_and_Kyoko-1.0-linux.tar.bz2
(40.62 MiB) Downloaded 330 times

Jessie17

Re: Eevee and Kyoko - Visual Novel!

#2 Post by Jessie17 »

Gonna try it out! XD Downloading now~

Jessie17

#3 Post by Jessie17 »

Just finished. The game was short. Took about 5-10 minutes. There were some minor mistakes. But everything was fine. :D

Dragonstar89
Regular
Projects: TBA
Organization: Self
IRC Nick: dstar89
Deviantart: senpai-jake

#4 Post by Dragonstar89 »

I just finished playing it for a good ten minutes. First off, the story is a bit short lived, and would be awesome if it were lengthened. Second off; I LOVE the art in it. The 3d-ish look of the characters! They have awesome expressions, the backgrounds are great, and the special scene artwork is awesome too! The music matches the setting really well too.

The only error I saw is when you tried doing a sort of sarcastic quote in a line, instead of it being the normal version with the quotes it printed out /are/. That's all I saw.

Anyways, if this game had more choices, extra things to do, and a longer story it would be amazing! Nice job overall :)
Beginning pre-production work on a project in Renpy. After being away for 5 years, it's time to get back in the game 8)

SHiNKiROU
Regular

#5 Post by SHiNKiROU »

Downloading it now!

eeveetron
Completed: Eevee and Kyoko, Odd Love Test [30daydev], Deathly Escape [SCREAMWORLD]

#6 Post by eeveetron »

Dragonstar89 wrote:I just finished playing it for a good ten minutes. First off, the story is a bit short lived, and would be awesome if it were lengthened. Second off; I LOVE the art in it. The 3d-ish look of the characters! They have awesome expressions, the backgrounds are great, and the special scene artwork is awesome too! The music matches the setting really well too.

The only error I saw is when you tried doing a sort of sarcastic quote in a line, instead of it being the normal version with the quotes it printed out /are/. That's all I saw.

Anyways, if this game had more choices, extra things to do, and a longer story it would be amazing! Nice job overall :)
Yay! i'm glad you liked it! i was trying to add in a "secret" ending but i keep messing up the code o_o it's like, you have to finish both kyoko and eevee's route to unlock the other ending but i couldn't do it T_T lolol
and about the /are/, i wasn't sure how to italicize it so i just did that instead aha
also i made the game kind of short too because i want to see how it would turn out for my first time making a visual novel with renpy... and i was supposed to finish my pre-calculus homework... LOL @_@ my next one i hope it will be longer :D

eeveetron

#7 Post by eeveetron »

Jessie17 wrote:Just finished. The game was short. Took about 5-10 minutes. There were some minor mistakes. But everything was fine. :D
yeah it's pretty short huh xDD haha
just curious, what were those minor mistakes? :o

Dragonstar89
Regular
Projects: TBA
Organization: Self
IRC Nick: dstar89
Deviantart: senpai-jake

#8 Post by Dragonstar89 »

eeveetron wrote:
Dragonstar89 wrote:I just finished playing it for a good ten minutes. First off, the story is a bit short lived, and would be awesome if it were lengthened. Second off; I LOVE the art in it. The 3d-ish look of the characters! They have awesome expressions, the backgrounds are great, and the special scene artwork is awesome too! The music matches the setting really well too.

Yay! i'm glad you liked it! i was trying to add in a "secret" ending but i keep messing up the code o_o it's like, you have to finish both kyoko and eevee's route to unlock the other ending but i couldn't do it T_T lolol
and about the /are/, i wasn't sure how to italicize it so i just did that instead aha
also i made the game kind of short too because i want to see how it would turn out for my first time making a visual novel with renpy... and i was supposed to finish my pre-calculus homework... LOL @_@ my next one i hope it will be longer :D
Ah, I see. Well, to make italicized text, all you need to do is something like this in the character's dialogue string:

Code: Select all

"{i}This opens Italicized text. And this will end it!{/i}" 
Also, for a first time go it still was pretty good. About a secret ending, I know it's not impossible, it may actually be simple be simple. I know how it could be done if you saw the ending for one of the girls, but doing it for both would require some more 'systematic' code. :D
Beginning pre-production work on a project in Renpy. After being away for 5 years, it's time to get back in the game 8)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#9 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Hello! I have played the game, and so far have gotten the Bad Ending, Good Ending, Eevee's Good Ending, and Kyoko's Good Ending (so I am just missing 2, right?)

It's a very cute, simple game and I liked it. However, it's very short and not very detailed. I would of loved to spend more time with the two characters, and go into more details about the main character's past about being
royalty and receiving punishment for wanting to be out in nature, as well as how in the world he lost his memories
It would of been fun to see their many adventures together. The game felt rushed, but it's good for a first try in Ren'Py as you learn the ways of the engine. Still, I think you are off to a very good start and have potential, plus ComiPo! is an excellent asset for sprites to make things easier in the art department, so you can focus more on writing and programming.

Overall, I'd love to see a longer version of this story, but it was still sweet and I look forward to any future projects you may have. Good luck!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

eeveetron

#10 Post by eeveetron »

Dragonstar89 wrote:
eeveetron wrote:

Ah, I see. Well, to make italicized text, all you need to do is something like this in the character's dialogue string:

"{i}This opens Italicized text. And this will end it!{/i}" 
Also, for a first time go it still was pretty good. About a secret ending, I know it's not impossible, it may actually be simple be simple. I know how it could be done if you saw the ending for one of the girls, but doing it for both would require some more 'systematic' code. :D
thanks again! and LOL that's how you italicize! i should've known.. xD
yeaps! i'll have to learn more about unlocking endings. quite systematic indeed :O

eeveetron

#11 Post by eeveetron »

Kokoro Hane wrote:Hello! I have played the game, and so far have gotten the Bad Ending, Good Ending, Eevee's Good Ending, and Kyoko's Good Ending (so I am just missing 2, right?)

It's a very cute, simple game and I liked it. However, it's very short and not very detailed. I would of loved to spend more time with the two characters, and go into more details about the main character's past about being
royalty and receiving punishment for wanting to be out in nature, as well as how in the world he lost his memories
It would of been fun to see their many adventures together. The game felt rushed, but it's good for a first try in Ren'Py as you learn the ways of the engine. Still, I think you are off to a very good start and have potential, plus ComiPo! is an excellent asset for sprites to make things easier in the art department, so you can focus more on writing and programming.

Overall, I'd love to see a longer version of this story, but it was still sweet and I look forward to any future projects you may have. Good luck!
yes! two more endings and you're done! lolz
and thanks! but yeah it was quite rushed cuz i finished it within one week. o_o i had a math test and i was rebelling doing this... =_= that's one of the reasons i rushed LOL! (too excited about renpy!)

about the storyline, yeah, i just thought of it on a whim while making it halfway. i really would've loved to go into detail as well, but unfortunately i didn't D;

and thanks a lot! i kept looking up for ways on how to make otome games but it turned out to not be one ahaha xD yes, ComiPo! makes things so much easier. my traditional/digital drawings don't look too good to be in a visual novel lol!

yeppers! now i'm planning to make a brand new project. and i also would've loved to make this visual novel longer if only i didn't think about this math test >.> LOL anyway thanks a lot! i'm glad you like it!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by philip »

I would say that your first try using Ren'py was a success! It's a nice little story; now you can tackle something longer. Will look forward to your next effort.
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

eeveetron

#13 Post by eeveetron »

philip wrote:I would say that your first try using Ren'py was a success! It's a nice little story; now you can tackle something longer. Will look forward to your next effort.
thanks a bunch! it was rushed but i still tried hard.
i will do my best on my next one as well! :D
Games
Visit my Itch.io homepage
Eevee and Kyoko

Other links
Deviantart
Twitter

jesusalva
Regular
Organization: Software in Public Interest, Inc.
IRC Nick: jesusalva
Github: pazkero
itch: tmw2
Discord: Jesusalva#4449

#14 Post by jesusalva »

eeveetron wrote:

The simplest way to need get 2 endings is:

when the code is about to reach return, place

$ persistent.e1 = True
    return
use e2 on the other, and in the secret ending:

if persistent.e1 and persistent.e2:
      # goes on
    else:
      " You need get all the specials endings"
but, you know, persistent data need be initialized:

init python:

# Set the default value.
    if persistent.e1 is None:
        persistent.e1 = False
        persistent.e2 = False

that is all to start your secret ending. God blesses you!
Jesusaves/Jesusalva

eeveetron

#15 Post by eeveetron »

jesusalva wrote:
eeveetron wrote:

The simplest way to need get 2 endings is:

when the code is about to reach return, place

$ persistent.e1 = True
    return
use e2 on the other, and in the secret ending:

if persistent.e1 and persistent.e2:
      # goes on
    else:
      " You need get all the specials endings"
but, you know, persistent data need be initialized:

init python:

# Set the default value.
    if persistent.e1 is None:
        persistent.e1 = False
        persistent.e2 = False

that is all to start your secret ending. God blesses you!
OMG thanks so much for letting me know! >w< i hope i'll succeed in doing the secret ending on my next one then ahah :D
Games
Visit my Itch.io homepage
Eevee and Kyoko

Other links
Deviantart
Twitter