Techniques in making authentic GxB game

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Pedobear

#16 Post by Pedobear »

I doubt I can really deliver even 50% of the effectiveness of any of the mentioned titles...
I tell you (again) it's easy!...

Just let your Evil Sexual Fetishes take over and think out of the Box... the rest will be easy.

Really! Believe Me!... it worked for me...

Try It!... you might be suprised at what you can produce under such umm... mindset

I'll... behave now

Goes back to work...

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#17 Post by DaFool »

mugen, yes I know. Just like that hentai (Darling or something was it's title) about a mangaka who does double duty when he's horny.

Coincidentally, I was sitting next to a pretty lady yesterday in the bus ride from work, and another entire game fell fully-formed inside my head!

It's going to be a softcore BxG eroge, tentatively titled "Baby Factory", and it's plot may be even deeper than this GxB I'm talking about (which title I won't reveal until I decide the final plans for it). No, I'm serious, an even deeper intellectual plot (as well as more perverted, naturally). Yes, so I second your advice.

I must get back to work also (the clients are waiting...lol).

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#18 Post by lordcloudx »

Hehe you mean hyper-erection mode?
I think mugenjohncel uses a similar technique
So basically your original problem was...
Attachments
kona-chan.jpg
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Pedobear... again

#19 Post by Pedobear... again »

How do you approach a bishounen?
Click here for my Answer (18+ only please)

Goes back to work... oh! me and my twisted perverted mind.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#20 Post by lordcloudx »

hehe you do know your manga technique gives you away right? Also that url you're using.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

absinthe
Regular

#21 Post by absinthe »

No, no. It's a clever decoy to fool us into thinking we know who he (she? it? BEM?!?) is!

And it's okay to be interested in sex and sex-based games, people! Even the really perverted ones, as long as you keep it in the realm of 'strictly fantasy' and remember that the fiction/fetish does not always equal the author.

(Science fiction especially seems to lend itself to odd sex for some reason... I can think of a dozen really out there SF novels that shocked me as a kid.)
My 2007 NaNo entry: Eidolon

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#22 Post by DaFool »

Uh...the original topic...and the my original GxB skeleton game I was talking about... has only little to do with pervertedness in games. (The GxB game will be a little messed up, but will still be Teen)

But since... *cough* Pedobear *cough* has a certain direction in mind... how about a race to produce that first OELVN eroge using Ren'Py. You will have a headstart for having worked on a high-production title for many months now. I can only do low budget at this point, but am still motivated to do a good job. (Which will probably mean I'll have to submit the script for the GxB game and wait for 3 months before resuming work on it.) If interested please PM me the lint output / statistics of Mr. K so that I can aim for a similar length, thanks.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#23 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#24 Post by Sailor Kitty »

One idea was a bully guy who beats up the protaganist, Thinking she's a boy. He falls in love with her, (still thinking she's a boy) But guts worse on her, Because he doesnt know how to convoy his feelings. Then he finds out she's a girl and they live happily ever after!

The "Younger boy" defines me pretty much. I'm a girl, though. Please squeeze him (I can easyer relate to him.) and some bishies in.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#25 Post by DaFool »

Sailor Kitty wrote:One idea was a bully guy who beats up the protaganist, Thinking she's a boy. He falls in love with her, (still thinking she's a boy) But guts worse on her, Because he doesnt know how to convoy his feelings. Then he finds out she's a girl and they live happily ever after!
Hmmm...a bit challenging. Sure, having characters bully each other once in a while is fun (and I already have lots of verbal sparring going on). But having a boy fall in love with a boy and discovering it's a girl :? ? I understand if you're coming from territory in between shoujo and yaoi... but unless a dude is a type of man-craving gay, I don't think it will happen.

In general, The object of desire must have a female form. It doesn't even need to be a human... can be a catgirl, persocom, alien, you name it. It can even be a trap (i.e. a boy so feminine he is mistaken as a girl and enjoys acting like one). You name it... I'll hit it, and I'm pretty sure other straight otaku will. But the key is that it must have a female form. Having a girl dressed up as a boy may fulfill the fantasy of some girls who subconciously want to be accepted in a male world -- thus is good for shoujo manga. But just like the Ouran Haruhi (whom I only enjoyed whenever she was dressed like a girl), I'm definitely still behind the fence on this one.

As for a plain younger boy, that I can manage. Thanks for your suggestions.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by monele »

Well, if the girl dressing as a boy still has feminine behaviors, in spite of her trying not to have them... maybe that boy can fall in love with her, even though she's supposedly a guy... because he saw past the shell and saw the woman inside. Then there's a lot of confusion because, well... the boy wonders if he's gay... and then discovers that all the attraction has a logical cause.

I don't think we need to be in shoujo or yaoi for this to work, even though shoujo could help.

Sethaniel
Regular

#27 Post by Sethaniel »

It's been done in shoujo before-- guy likes a girl posing as a guy, which makes him very confused about himself (he's never liked guys before, but he feels this inexplicable attraction to our heroine/hero, so he doesn't know what to do) and also reverse, of course-- she likes him, but he thinks she's a guy and she can't tell him how she feels.
Um, Kiss Me Kill Me, maybe? and -- ah, I can see the cover-- it's a girl at an all-boy's school-- I think it's Korean, maybe?

Nafai
Veteran
Projects: Elect: Ascendance

#28 Post by Nafai »

Yes. My original concept was a female protagonist in an extremely manly (i.e. harsh and not-so-cute) environment / cruel worldview (think Ghost in the Shell, Kino no Tabi, Blue Submarine #6, Haibane Renmei.) I think I understand how Japanese writers can pull of such stories effectively (the counterpart in the West -- superhero women being sexy in tights -- are not equivalent at all since the stories are so shallow).
Ah, I think its my duty to stand up for quality writing in Western comics. Birds or Prey by Gail Simone and Checkmate by Greg Rucka have some of the best written female characters I've ever had the pleasure to read about, in any medium, from any hemisphere. All this despite the sexy outfits :)

Birds of Prey: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birds_of_Prey_(comic_book)
Checkmate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkmate_%28comics%29

Also, for spot-on depictions of teen-age relationships in the west, there's none better than Sean Mckeever's "Mary Jane"/"Spider Man Loves Mary Jane". I didn't include it in the above list since technically there's not a lot of spandex-clad super-heroing going on. But the writing is excellent and the art is very very good, and manga-styled. (Takeshi Miyazawa is a favorite of mine)

Mary Jane: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jane_%28comic%29

If you have the cash to spare, there's a lot about writing females that can be picked up from the above.

Aside from that, I can't really say much about writing an "authentic" GxB without knowing much about the culture etc. that the girl would have grown up in. That'd have a big impact in what would be "natural" (and is probably a big source of culture shock the times I've met girls from abroad.)

Jake
Support Hero

#29 Post by Jake »

Nafai wrote:
I think I understand how Japanese writers can pull of such stories effectively (the counterpart in the West -- superhero women being sexy in tights -- are not equivalent at all since the stories are so shallow).
Ah, I think its my duty to stand up for quality writing in Western comics.
I have to agree, really - the statement is no fairer than "Western animation is clever (see The Simpsons) and Japanese animation is shallow junk (see Dragonball Z)". Although for a counterpart to something like Ghost in the Shell I'd suggest Kabuki. And it's not like GitS doesn't contain women being sexy in tight clothing... ;-)
(I'd also debate at least Haibane Renmei being a manly/cruel worldview...)

Sure, I can think of a lot more crappy western superhero comics than I can Japanese female-led action stories, but... well, I'm also quite aware that the real dross doesn't make it outside of the Japanese market because it's dross.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#30 Post by mikey »

Jake wrote:And it's not like GitS doesn't contain women being sexy in tight clothing...

Sure, I can think of a lot more crappy western superhero comics than I can Japanese female-led action stories, but... well, I'm also quite aware that the real dross doesn't make it outside of the Japanese market because it's dross.
Actually, taking GITS, is it really female-led? I don't mean Motoko being a cyborg, but exchange Motoko for a guy... and does that much change? I don't think so. The lines, the action, it's not like it's specifically tailored for a woman, the plot and situations are actually quite gender-neutral, as far as I remember.

So, really you often see anime with a female main protagonist, but when you think about it, for conveying the message of the movies and series, it's often not relevant whether it's a girl or a boy that is saying the famous quotes or put through the events that make up the story's plot.

So more often than not I'm thinking it's the visual appeal of girls to the otaku that is the cause for females having lead roles.

It also is connected to the question whether replacing one boy in a BxB love story with a girl would completely destroy it - sure for BxB fans the answer would be yes, but I'm not so sure that common people would even notice that they are dealing with BxB in disguise.