Era of Monsters [GxB][Fantasy, Romance, Comedy][Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
try10
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Era of Monsters [GxB][Fantasy, Romance, Comedy][Demo]

#106 Post by try10 »

The blacksmith is so handsome! Freynir HOT as always and the little cutie Theo. I like them all! :D

Merula O
Regular
Projects: Era of Monsters

#107 Post by Merula O »

shiho14,
Thank you~! I'm happy to have a nice stalker!

try10,
I was shocked myself when I saw how handsome the blacksmith bacame xD Now I won't change that hot dude - nope~.

Random kiddies ^_^ I love them as children... yes, lazy background is lazy. And ignore Till's shorts of Satan, it's cultural thing and... my problems, maybe. I can change it.
~~
My lessons have started, so I didn’t have any time to post something here. It’s my final year in university, so I won’t be able to spend much time working at the game. It doesn’t mean it’s on hiatus now, I’ll continue doing something, but it won’t be very fast (my thesis is evil :cry: )
Anyway, we are working as we can, I’m still enthusiastic about working at the project. We've done too much to let it die out.
Good news – my friend, who is an awsome artist, is helping with CG's now. I hope they won't be as derpy as they are now.

Aines445
Regular

#108 Post by Aines445 »

Me: Hmm... What's recent now? * checks the active posts*

. . .

Me: Oh yeah, I completely forgot to say anything about the demo!! X.X

And that is how I got here (Yeah, because that story was incredibly interesting). Anyways, I really enjoyed it. From what I remember I loved Neyris a lot, it's really a change from most female protagonists, and a really good one at that (Otome gamer right here <.<). The other characters were also really cool, some better than I initially thought. Neyris' interactions with certain characters made me laugh so hard (I'm looking at you, Malik... XD), and even the other females in the game stood out to me as being really enjoyable to watch (Watch? Read? ..... Whatever, it's a visual novel!). Annet was way better than I thought she would be and so was the princess. I was also pleasantly surprised by Kuon, whom I thought I wasn't going to be interested in, but his introduction was nothing short of 'awesome'. I was also very intrigued by the secret character to a point where I wanted to see what his deal was but I guess I'll just patiently wait for the game to be completed. The other guys were also good, Drake was cool (Neyris was awesome in his scenes though), Freynir was better than I thought he would be, Malik is kind of mysterious because he claims he was Neyris' friend but she doesn't remember, so I get a ton of questions about this. Theo was also pretty cool (Neyris, yet again, makes scenes more awesome XD) and Riki was strange, but a likable kind of strange and Till was also better than I thought she (He?) would be. The writing wasn't bad (Not cringe worthy), the art is not bad either, and the characters are great as I said before.

I'll safely say that this is a game I'll look forward to, badly.

Evolution
Regular
Projects: ???

#109 Post by Evolution »

Did you perhaps take some inspiration from Ella Enchanted?

Lyyli
Regular

#110 Post by Lyyli »

Can't believe I didn't see this game since now. Looks so fun and charming! Gonna try the demo now :)
Meep.

Merula O
Regular

#111 Post by Merula O »

Aines445,
Thank you for your comment!
I'm so glad you enjoyed it and found the characters likable. It's really nice to know that so many people liked Neyris. Ha-ha, you're the first person who likes Drake xD. Frey is pretty horrible here, even I think so. Secret character is a secret :wink:
I'm still crying like a baby trying to develop writing (yes, I listen to critique). Awsome people are helping me with that, and I hope the final version will be enjoyable to read and look at (I want to set on fire some pictures in the demo, so I'll redraw them - thanks God now I have a person who can redline them).
Evolution,
I watched that film many years ago and I don't remember what it was about...
(googled)
Oh, now I remember it a bit. I don't think so. Do you mean that 'a girl have to obey orders' thing? It works completely different here. Neyris can simply ignore whatever Annett orders her. She just got a nasty electric collar around her neck, and Annett can punish her if she doesn't want to do something. I was inspired by those dogs' electric collars that exists in real life too. If you don't want to feel pain, you'll obey. Yeah, nasty. Magic is more elegant. Besides, that point isn't so important, it's not a big part for the story. Annett doesn't want to ruin Ney's life or something, she just want Neyris to help the princess.
Well, I think it's pretty obvious where the main inspiration came from. I enjoy fairy tale Disney cartoons (older ones), I just wanted to make a funny story about a witch that becomes a main character in otome game. It was planned as some kind of parody originally, so some references to other stories can be here (it's not the main thing, but still). 'Ella' is the least movie I thought people would say I took some inspiration from, actually... I didn't think about it at all.
Lyyli,
Thank you for your attention! I'll be happy if you tell me your opinion about it after playing! :D

Evolution
Regular
Projects: ???

#112 Post by Evolution »

Not that it makes any difference, but I was actually referring to the book. I like to pretend the movie doesn't exist. : P
In Ella Enchanted, a faerie places a curse on Ella when she's a baby that forces her to obey any command. When she eventually seeks out the faerie to remove the curse, the faerie doesn't remember placing the curse on Ella specifically (as she hands out these supposed "gifts" quite frequently), but she's also unable to remove it. So, Ella has to seek out some other method to cure herself.

That's the parallel I drew. Just to be clear, I wasn't putting your story down or anything. I was merely curious.
Also, I quite like your character designs.

Merula O
Regular

#113 Post by Merula O »

Now I get it. It sounds really familiar. I can understand why you asked. I didn’t think that moment with forgetful witch/faerie who placed a curse on a girl was super-creative or anything, it was natural to make that decision to let plot continue. I completely forgot it was used in that movie...

Lyyli
Regular

#114 Post by Lyyli »

So I just finished the demo trying every option and I enjoyed it tremendously!
This is such a charming and fun game, it kept me entertained throughout the whole demo. The characters are fun and the boys are adorable :3
Neyris is a fun main character and refreshing after all the helpless otome main characters I've been playing as.
Looking forward to the full release. *Thumbs up*
Meep.

Lyyli
Regular

#115 Post by Lyyli »

Oh, and I'd like to add that I like Drake! So not everyone dislikes him ;) (Actually I like them all, especially Drake, Kuon, Till and Theo :3)

I'm really curious about the mystery boy.
Meep.

Merula O
Regular

#116 Post by Merula O »

Lyyli, Oh, thank you! Your comments made me happier! So positive :) I'm glad you enjoyed the demo.

Lyyli
Regular

#117 Post by Lyyli »

You're welcome dear :3
This is one of my most wanted games to play~
Meep.

Sora-Kuroi
Regular

#118 Post by Sora-Kuroi »

The demo was awesome! *---*! I can't wait for the full game!! *--* I hope you don't give up on this VN because it's amazing!
isn't there a route for till? I've seen in the description that he doesn't appear in the obtainable guys ;w; I hope he have a route because I like male till ♥

Merula O
Regular

#119 Post by Merula O »

Lyyli, I'm so flattered!
Sora-Kuroi, thank you for playing! I don't plan to give up. Life is hard, but work at the project is fun.
Till will have a route ;)

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#120 Post by Kyra10 »

I loved the demo! <3
I can't wait for the full game, and I will be stalking this~