What VN are you currently playing?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: What VN are you currently playing?

#61 Post by azureXtwilight »

Just finished DanganRonpa. Loved the gameplay mechanics, it reminds me of Phoenix Wright although a lot more fun.
Also some of the characters who got to live sort of not deserve it. SAKURA DAMN IT.

Nayara NightRoo
Regular
Projects: The Curse

#62 Post by Nayara NightRoo »

papillon wrote:um... 'lent'? I don't recall shipping any discs to Spain... am I forgetting one? or are they circulating more interestingly than I'd imagined? just curious :)
I don't really know where she got it... she's spanish too, so... Probably a friend of her bought it for her. Probably... :? Anyway, it's a nice game;
but did I forget doing some path, or is just Janet never returns home?
If you can't do anything, why do you worry? And if you can do something... why do you worry?
The Curse | Honest Critique

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#63 Post by Caveat Lector »

Kana -Little Sister- (started to play a while ago and got 4/6 endings, then the old computer's drive choked, so I re-installed). Good as it is, I think it's due for a new translation. This one feels really stiff and awkward, and I don't think it's the fault of the original Japanese text, but rather, how it was translated. Now, it doesn't detract from the quality of the story but it does hurt the narrative style. A few tweaks here and there to make the sentences flow, instead of trying to stick to the literal translation, would be a vast improvement.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Armee
Veteran

#64 Post by Armee »

Rose Gun Days, I can't believe I never play/notice it before, the gameplay is enjoyable. Next will be Dangan Ronpa, and Stein;Gate. I have a list of game need to finish...Shikkoku no Sharnoth. I just finished both part of Hatoful Boyfriend recently, got all endings and CGs. It took awhile to finished. *roll roll* And DmmD. Gosh I'm playing too many at a same time. I'm trying to finish all the VN in my computer. Because I downloaded them and never finished. Hmm...I need to finish KHR DokiDokiAlice too...

Sakai
Regular
Projects: Ragged Heart
Organization: Afterthought Studios

#65 Post by Sakai »

Finished Love Plus, just started Grisaia no Kajitsu, its good to play games that have similar genra to the ones you create, really gives some good ideas

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#66 Post by Akitsuki »

Black Wolves Saga and Fate Night Rhapsody (Fate/Stay Night doujin otome game).
Problem is, when will I get the time to continue them?

sacredbloodshed
Completed: -None-
Projects: -None-
Organization: ManaGames

#67 Post by sacredbloodshed »

I'm playing Katawa Shoujo, the game that got me into visual novels. I'm actually replaying it as of now, I'm trying to get 100% and I have not done every character route, so that is kinda what I'm aiming for now.

I'm on one of the two last routes I need! ^^

TheMigratingCoconut
Projects: The Story of Us (NaNoRenO 2014)

#68 Post by TheMigratingCoconut »

I'm playing Shuffle once again as well as Katawa Shoujo.

RobertSilvermyst
Regular
Projects: Coming Home

#69 Post by RobertSilvermyst »

Katawa Shoujo. This game is my drug of choice. Possibly the finest VN I have ever played.

KaenSe4
Regular
Completed: Good Morning Triss (2019), Palette Swap (Nano 16), Fairly Dangerous (Nano 15)
itch: kaense4.itch.io

#70 Post by KaenSe4 »

I'm getting back to Kara no Shoujo after putting it on hiatus for two weeks. Also started CrossChannel a couple of days ago. I'm also planning on replaying three of the best visual novels I've come across so far : Steins;Gate, G-Senjou no Maou, and Katawa Shoujo. Katawa Shoujo brings back a lot of memories in particular because it's the first visual novel I've played and what has gotten me into this scene.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#71 Post by Hijiri »

Started reading the demo for Rebellions: Secret Game 2nd Stage and sorta doing an LP as I read it.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

twilightworks
Projects: celestial underground

#72 Post by twilightworks »

I downloaded the demo of Shira Oka - Second Chances last night and giving that a whirl.

Most recently finished was Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shojo. Highly recommended if you haven't played it already. Feels like a diamond in the rough to me because I don't see it talked about often. Awesome protagonist.

suikojay
Regular

#73 Post by suikojay »

In the last few days, I went thru 2 VNs, "Re-set" and "Project Dualis".

A couple demos are next up on my list: "Zefii" and "If My Heart Had Wings" <-- really looking forward to trying this one out.

Then "Shira Oka" is finally next!
twilightworks wrote:I downloaded the demo of Shira Oka - Second Chances last night and giving that a whirl.
Yeah, I got the demo of it a few months ago, and liked it enough to buy the game. It was pretty cheap from what I recall. The RPG characteristics (or the stat building), I thought, were a bit interesting and how they influenced events in the game, and the animation and story seemed pretty decent enough for me. I'll be looking forward to getting to this game hopefully soon.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#74 Post by Caveat Lector »

Date Warp. I'd been debating about buying it for a while, then I re-played the demo and went "What the heck?" I have a LOT more thoughts on this that I'll probably eventually get around to posting under its topic once I've cleared all the endings.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete