Rising Angels: Reborn [sci-fi]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

Re: Rising Angels: Reborn [GxG/GxB] [sci-fi]

#46 Post by Lesleigh63 »

KomiTsuku wrote - Some of the supporting cast will be expanded upon, some won't get much screen time at all. Which of the supporting cast are you interested in, if you don't mind me asking?

The captain Azaia and that's surprising since I usually don't like female captains. However that picture of her is wonderful (paints a thousand words) - she's strong and commanding and I want to know more about her.

Alphonse - he reminds me of Iotor and I would have loved to have learned more about him in the other Rising Angels.

The doctor sounds like he'll be good for humour in the piece.

khfan12
Regular
Completed: Clarity, a MH KN
Projects: "With You", Truculence

#47 Post by khfan12 »

KomiTsuku wrote:Some of the supporting cast will be expanded upon, some won't get much screen time at all. Which of the supporting cast are you interested in, if you don't mind me asking?
Azaia. I admire the fact that she seems like a strong woman, and I'd love to know more about her. (I can almost imagine a scene with all of the girls and she's acting like a Tsundere and they're like "C'mon Azaia! loosen up!" )

Alphonse. I think he seems interesting. Plus, anyone who quibbles with Sol other than Faye seems like I'd enjoy them.

I can also imagine that the doctor would get into all sorts of shenanigans.
Image <<My DeviantArt

Kinetic/Visual Novels:
Complete:
Clarity - MH KN- Solo Project
Projects:
With You (working title) - Lead Writer/Concept/ETC
Truculence- Concept Artist, Proofreader

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#48 Post by KomiTsuku »

Azaia, Alphonse, and Doc Nelson, huh? A very minor character, a supporting character, and a major one to the plot. In which order that is arranged will be seen in the future. XD

Weekly update:

Wordcount: 36,054 (Additional delays this week due to Final Fantasy 14 ARR. I'm also pretty sure that hour estimation on the front is going to be totally wrong. We just entered Act 2 and haven't even made it to the major event.)

Backgrounds: One remaining

Everything else: No major updates to talk about.

For this week's update, I'm going to do a bit of a comparison between one character who seems to be drawing a lot of admiration and one who I happen to be fond of more. They serve as foils in the story, so let's break it down... Zuri versus Stan!
ZuSt.png
Stan:

Stan is a very outspoken, very elegant speaker. He has no problem speaking his mind and weaving tales around those whose attention he wants. Nevertheless, his words, while shiny and clever, are not from the heart. Doctor Nelson knows what he wants, and that is whatever is good for him. He won't put himself in harm's way, he won't risk anything for another person.

In the plot, Stan holds a very mild interest in Natalie's pursuits of the lost researchers. As they go from planet to planet, Stan's goal is to have as little role in the actual work part as possible. Outranking everyone other than Vice Commander Rasoona and being a medical officer gives him a lot of leeway to get out of the grunt work, but still garnish all of the glory.

Zuri:

While a decent speaker, Zuri has trouble speaking about what is bothering her. Unlike Stan, Zuri strives to be a “true warrior” and lives her life to a very stringent code of morals. Always protect the innocent, never lie, and never be afraid to risk your life in the defense of others. Sadly, Zuri takes her beliefs too far on a regular basis and tries to blot out anything that isn't training.

Zuri plays a very prominent role in both hers and Sol's routes. As the security officer, it is her job to place herself between Natalie and any potential dangers. While she does this with vigor, the complexities of the investigation tend to go over her head and her feet into potential clues. While she means well, people's perception of her puts her in the danger of being ostracized and saddled with paperwork.

AWSalmon
Regular
Projects: The Human Reignition Project
Organization: AlienWorks Productions

#49 Post by AWSalmon »

You've got a few typos in your OP, OP. You might want to go over it again.
"We have cars that drive for us, services that shop for us, devices that speak for us, machines that clean and cook and work for us. You can't say that removing these things from our daily lives has no effect on the way we interact. As I speak, how many of you are working, or communicating with someone else? Could we do that twenty years ago? Ten? Society has changed very slowly throughout the course of human history, but in the span of only two generations, there have been more technology-driven societal advances than we can count."

"People everywhere are able to talk to others clear on the other side of the world, and we do this at the expense of interacting with others around us. We have our heads buried so deeply in our technology that we ignore our surroundings. Society is stretched far beyond what should be possible, thanks to technology. We have friends in other countries while we have strangers in our own homes."

The Human Reignition Project
AlienWorks.Recruiting@gmail.com

Exaelia
Regular

#50 Post by Exaelia »

I'm looking forward to this.
"If I cared what people think, I would have dyed my hair black."
~Kurosaki Ichigo

hafuhafu
Projects: Tachycardia
Organization: Hafuhafu's Room

#51 Post by hafuhafu »

Love the art.. :)

for the old character:
Kika looks more interesting (please keep her stay "unique" )
Faye looks mature and steady..
I hate Sol

For the new character, from the look,
Ive already fallen for Azaia (eventhough she's just supporting character)

I'll be waiting for this project to release..
I still hate Sol tho

Good luck with this :)

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope

#52 Post by KomiTsuku »

Exaelia wrote:I'm looking forward to this.
Glad to hear it. ^.^
hafuhafu wrote:Love the art.. :)

for the old character:
Kika looks more interesting (please keep her stay "unique" )
Faye looks mature and steady..
I hate Sol

For the new character, from the look,
Ive already fallen for Azaia (eventhough she's just supporting character)

I'll be waiting for this project to release..
I still hate Sol tho

Good luck with this :)
Kika is always unique! :wink:

And what did Sol ever do? ...oh, wait...

----------------------------------
No update for last week. Blame AnimeFest! Don't worry, we will be back to our regularly updates next week.

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#53 Post by Didules »

KomiTsuku wrote:And what did Sol ever do? ...oh, wait...
Not that much did he? I replayed to RA: TRR and I found Sol...quite nice. He has his good sides, even if I don't always approve his behaviour, there was times when I thought "He's a nice guy". Indeed, I am now looking forward to play his route as well :D
Awesome art BTW, even if, huh, Zuri + Stan take all the space with their wings O.O

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#54 Post by KomiTsuku »

Didules wrote:
KomiTsuku wrote:And what did Sol ever do? ...oh, wait...
Not that much did he? I replayed to RA: TRR and I found Sol...quite nice. He has his good sides, even if I don't always approve his behaviour, there was times when I thought "He's a nice guy". Indeed, I am now looking forward to play his route as well :D
Awesome art BTW, even if, huh, Zuri + Stan take all the space with their wings O.O
Sol really has his moments where even I have a hard time writing his actions. However, nobody is absolutely flawless. I really hope people give him a chance, as this story has you playing a character who is human and has a close relationship with him. You see more behind his actions than just "I'm doing this because I hate mutts".

Throw Alphonse into the scene and there are wings EVERYWHERE!!!

-----------------------

Update is tomorrow (and there are quite a few) and I'm thinking showing a completed sprite might be in order. Since you all are infatuated with Azaia... let's do Alphonse!

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#55 Post by KomiTsuku »

Time for that weekly update! Sure, it may be a little sooner in the day than I usual do it, but I've got to get to bed early tonight.

Wordcount: 41,000
-This is so much longer than I was intending, but the story is rolling very nicely. I'd say the script is at about the 60% complete for the first route. Editing for the next block of script should be starting soon. I'm going to say that the finished story will probably be around 80-90k.

Backgrounds: All done!

GUI: Coded and done. I would like to give a moment of thanks to SundownKid for putting in the hard work required for this. One of the (many) complaints with previous works was that there wasn't a unique GUI and it didn't fit the size of the game. That's one problem solved! One of the awesome things being added to this project is a database of terms, planets, species, ect to help our newcomers. While some things are still woven into the story, I'm trying to combat the info dumps... with codexs of info. Various things will be unlocked as you go through the story.
codex.JPG
CG: Remember when I said at the start of this that I'd do CGs when hell froze over? Well, guess what? It's subzero here in my office now. I'd like to welcome fieru-ri, our new CG artist. While there may not be a lot of them, Rising Angels: Reborn will have CG!

Sprites: Progress on sprites is moving along at a good pace. Several sprites are done. Here's an example of the awesome art you can expect in the final story.
al01final.jpg
Okay, I think that wraps up this week's updates. I've probably forgotten something, but that's why I always welcome questions and comments. Contrary to popular belief, I do listen to suggestions. I haven't even gone on any depressing emo rants this development since I was politely asked to stop. XD

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#56 Post by KomiTsuku »

Another week, another weekly report. I was hoping we'd get some questions so I could have a fun ranting session, but things are rather quiet. They've been rather quiet around here as well. Every week can't be as action-packed as last week was.

Wordcount: 46,000, I had to rewrite some scenes, so my weekly wordcount was roughly 7k. Not bad for me, especially since I was sick for several of those days. I finally hit the first ending to the script (one of the bad endings). I'd say I'm maybe 20k from the ending of Zuri's route. After that, I'll start working on Sol's route. Fortunately or unfortunately, I like to craft each route to be unique for each character. Subtle changes here and there along the "common route" that help make each character's story unique and worth not skipping over. That's why I like writing kinetic novels; it can get ugly as the differences stack up. I'm running short on time, but I think I still have this. I don't think 3 hr playtime is going to be accurate any more. Maybe 3-4 per route...

Sprites: Sprites are almost completed. 8/9 are done.

CG: No updates for this week

Script: It's that time again when I start looking for help to check my script and tell me just how batty nuggets I am. If you are interested in getting that early sneak peak and helping me out, let me know.

Misc: We will officially be putting out a port for Android. Komi has taken the time to figure out RAPT.

Since we are getting closer to release (45 days out), I suppose it is time to do a showing of our current GUI and whatnot. I'm still working on getting side-by images setup. Totally decreasing the number of winged characters in the next game...
RARScreenshot.PNG
As always, if you have any comments, concerns, questions, or curiosities, feel free to throw them my way.

Einherjar

#57 Post by Einherjar »

Fffff, between all of the updates and my initial excitement, I'm really looking forward to this.
Also, Team Stan for me, shhhh.

AlmondFlower
Regular

#58 Post by AlmondFlower »

The art looks amazing. I love the sprites (The colors and poses!) and those backgrounds are very well drawn. I played the first game of yours and I'm really looking forward to seeing how this game plays out when you release it. (=
moved accounts to AngelicReckoning.

yuiare
Regular
Projects: Ichigo

#59 Post by yuiare »

Let me start off by saying...I'm so team Stan!
Ahem putting that aside, the art is simply gorgeous and I'm really looking forward to what this will become once it is completed.
I've only now just seen this since I'm not much of an active member, but I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this post! :mrgreen:

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#60 Post by KomiTsuku »

It seems Team Stan is growing in popularity! Though I do wonder how many will still be there by story's end... probably more.
AlmondFlower wrote:I played the first game of yours and I'm really looking forward to seeing how this game plays out when you release it. (=
The good news is that I've learned quite a bit since those far off ancient days of March. While there are some very sad, depressing ends in this game (Sol's neutral ending is brutally sad, even to my frozen heart)
yuiare wrote:Let me start off by saying...I'm so team Stan!
Ahem putting that aside, the art is simply gorgeous and I'm really looking forward to what this will become once it is completed.
I've only now just seen this since I'm not much of an active member, but I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this post! :mrgreen:
Well, the release date is rapidly approaching. You won't have to wait too long!

Most people forget Old Man Komi exists even when they are active members! XD