The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy] - New Demo Out!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
StarryCub

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][7/04]

#181 Post by StarryCub »

ahh i am so excited for this game! :) <3 alsoo,
is the third mermaid man the mer equivalent of the land man the little mermaid falls in love with when she tries being human? like an inverted version? ha maybe thats too far

slick

#182 Post by slick »

i just tried the demo and i love it. Finally a heroine with some backbone.... :D I really like the story so far and the artwork is awesome! keep up the good work and good luck!

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#183 Post by Arowana »

Thanks so much for your responses and support, everybody! It was especially interesting to see everyone's guesses for who the third merman is. xD
Nellie wrote: I have feelings ppl might be more interested in this update... So here comes, the third attainable guy in the game!
Take a shot at guessing who he is... Based on your knowledge of your the tale of the little mermaid... :3
And the answer is...
he was originally based on the princess in the original fairytale, who was the Little Mermaid's rival for the prince. I think it was was pretty tricky to guess that because he's not a girl. :lol:

In short, his name is Prince Malik and he's another member of mermaid royalty. He's not the MC's rival for Prince Mikali, per se, but they do have a close (though perhaps not so nice) relationship with each other. I'd describe Malik as a roguish "bad boy" with a bit of a sadistic streak - he enjoys toying with people, especially the MC, and it's hard to tell whose side he's on. He definitely has an "evil" aura...
So we decided that ririruetoo's guess was the closest! Congrats, ririruetoo! You should ask Nellie for your free chibi doodle. :3

Also, some more updates! Nellie finished some more BGs, and I think they look absolutely lovely. <3

Nellie is also currently working on the main menu art. Here's a small preview. You can see that we decided to stick with the anime style, but with a more "painterly" coloring style to match the painted BGs.

On the writing side, the current wordcount is about 85k. I just have to finish up the last few scenes of Mikali's evil ending, and his path will be complete! I'm looking forward to writing the sorcerer next. :3
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

Veniae
Veteran

#184 Post by Veniae »

This looks sooo good! *-* I'm a big fan of your game already, and I think I have a new favourite character. xD Say, do you have any ETA already, or some idea as to your current progress? Because the world needs this. (Or at least, I do :D)

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#185 Post by Arowana »

Veniae wrote:This looks sooo good! *-* I'm a big fan of your game already, and I think I have a new favourite character. xD Say, do you have any ETA already, or some idea as to your current progress? Because the world needs this. (Or at least, I do :D)
Thanks! Our goal is to finish this game by the end of the year. Keeping our fingers crossed that we'll make it! xD

My current hunch is that Malik is going to be the most popular character. Or maybe Jack? :lol:
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#186 Post by ririruetoo »

Oh geez how great! I thought he looked sort of sinister! XD
ImageImageImage

Exaelia
Regular

#187 Post by Exaelia »

Nellie wrote:

ImageImage
ImageImage

After some lots of delay, we're finally starting the beta testing (for the demo)!

Anyone interested to beta, please drop a message and state your OS and experience (if any, lol)! We're especially interested in beta testers for the Linux version.
(It's 4am here... Getting back to sleep and will check back in a few hours, hopefully there are some interests xD)

(YAY... And sorry for the delay >_<)

EDIT:
Added some (decent sized) screenshots! XD

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Open/public demo is up for download! Many thanks to our beta testers! :)
Grab them here!

Linux

Mac

Windows
-flails- I'm not a Beta Tester but I have played the game and I'm begging you PLEASE to either finish or release the full version PLEASE.
"If I cared what people think, I would have dyed my hair black."
~Kurosaki Ichigo

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][9/15]

#188 Post by Nellie »

@ririruetoo - You haven't e-mailed me the details of your request ;_;

@Exaelia - Don't worry - we'll definitely complete this as soon as we can! :D

Updates;
First of all, enjoy the new main menu arts xD

A bit of revamping works going on here and there, we estimate to be able to finish prince path assets by the end of October (well, writing is already more or less done, so I need to work hard on the graphics! XD ) The subsequent paths will be much faster as common assets would have been done... And someone be sure to kill me if I decide to redo them all again! D:

I'm looking to set up a tumblr page so I can constantly post WIP and sketches there for those interested to keep an eye! :D

Nani has kindly offered her voice in our revised OP, have a listen at the beta version! Credits to the talented composer Sakagami Souichiro (Trial & Error)

I'm also excited that we're working with talented YouTube producer and vocalists for customised theme songs!

Next, I'll like to set up a 'mini poll' to gather the opinions of everyone. Currently, we have 3 attainable guys. We are thinking of adding a GxG path. What do you think of a non-fanservicy (aka no boobs clashing, no bath scene and panty shots xD Okay, I was being a little bit sarcastic xD) GxG aimed at female audience? (I'm sorry if this sound like I'm trying to chase away the male audience, not sure how I can phrase it >_<)

Cheers!

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#189 Post by Didules »

A looooong time ago I played the demo and found it great, animations help to get into the game, the art was nice and the story seems interesting (kinda liked the reversed "little mermaid" though the story is really different). I'm pleased to see that it's still going on :)
Nellie wrote:Next, I'll like to set up a 'mini poll' to gather the opinions of everyone. Currently, we have 3 attainable guys. We are thinking of adding a GxG path. What do you think of a non-fanservicy (aka no boobs clashing, no bath scene and panty shots xD Okay, I was being a little bit sarcastic xD) GxG aimed at female audience? (I'm sorry if this sound like I'm trying to chase away the male audience, not sure how I can phrase it >_<)
From the start I don't like fan-service, a little bit is fine but when it gets to obvious I think it's repulsive (moreover when it's all about boobs and panties and so on, it gets on my nerve), so you have my opinion, don't you? (BTW I'm a girl, but maybe some girls would rather have a bit of fan-service ^^) :D The more realistic, the better! It can also make your game stand out :)
Well then good luck for everything!! :)

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#190 Post by Anne »

I don't care much about GxG (the ones I've played seemed really boring). So I'd prefer the game to be released faster instead :)

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#191 Post by Kyra10 »

I love this! <3
I can't wait to play the full game!
I don't mind either way, but I'd rather not have a GxG path if it means the game getting released sooner.
Good Luck!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#192 Post by try10 »

YAY! Another update. Thank you again for your hard work. :D As for the GxG path I don't really mind, but I would prefer the game to be released faster. :)

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#193 Post by KittyKatStar »

I actually wouldn't mind the GxG path... It'd be nice to see a GxG path aimed for females (since I enjoy GxB and GxG and having both choices in one game is awesome.)

But it's up to you, you guys are working so hard already so don't overload yourselves. ^^

AERenoir
Veteran

#194 Post by AERenoir »

Nellie wrote:Updates;
First of all, enjoy the new main menu arts xD
Ooo, is pretty!!! The sorcerer looks 10x more amazing! XD
Uh... I hate to whine, but the main character's face looks rather off. Her eyes seem squashed to the middle. Maybe you could shift the right eye (our right, her left) to the right a bit?

Maegalkarven
Regular

#195 Post by Maegalkarven »

Wow! I like this new guy a lot!*O* And that's good to know, that you don't forget about game and work on it) I'm looking forward seeing vn)