Destiny Fails Us [Otome|Romance|Slice of Life] Oct. 7

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
DestinyFailsUs
Regular
Completed: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Projects: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Organization: Strawberry Dagger Studio
Tumblr: DestinyFailsUs
Deviantart: DestinyFailsUs
itch: Sbds

Re: Destiny Fails Us [GxB|Dramedy] 9/14 | Demo and Kickstart

#121 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

CheeryMoya wrote:Thanks for dropping by my stream of the game yesterday! I enjoyed playing the demo, you have a really great game in the works. As promised, here’s my extended feedback.
(...)
I think that's all I have for now, I liked what I played. There's a lot of work put into the demo and I know the full game will definitely be worth that $15 price tag. Good luck on the kickstarter!
Thanks for the feedback! :D I'll talk with my boyfriend about the things you brought to my attention :D

And you're right about the Kickstarter and the music, I had to use some placeholders throughout the demo in several aspects until I get the funding to cover what I need.

It was really fun watching your stream, thanks for doing that :D And I'm glad you enjoyed what you played :)

Thank you!

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#122 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

I wrote a really long reply on character analysis, but then! Poof! Accidentally closed the tab. Auuuuugh.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this game! I will be contributing to your Kickstarter, no doubt in my mind. Thanks for also explaining the school uniform bit because I wanted to know why they were different from each other! :D My favorite character (who I knew would be because of her name) is Alaska. I cracked up when:
she threatened to put the smack down on Brian with a chair! I stopped her from doing so, though. Also, I thought it was hilarious when she swiped Idril's lunch. What *is* Alaska using her lunch money for anyway?
Let's see...other characters:
...Why does Atali have cat ears? She and Brian make a cute couple, although I guess it's too early to make a solid judgement on that. I don't know too much about Brian yet either.

I love Vincent! He's the classic Prince Charming type. He is totally meant for Idril (megane love~). It's so obvious, seeing how they bonded over the similarities with their mothers.

I am hesitant with James. I'm not sure to pursue him as the whole fork ordeal scared me. That kind of puts up red flags up for me when talking about relationships. I know he apologized, but...I don't know.

I like Alexander too, but I also have a weird suspicion about him. Hopefully he has nothing to do with the disappearing people in town...

Samson is a total sweetheart. I always like the goofy, nice guys!

Lily seems very reserved, which makes me wonder if there's a side of her that she's hiding from the world? I guess I'll have to wait and see. Speaking of Lily, if you choose to comfort Samson, he'll ask you if Lily to you about what happened between them. Idril says she already knows, but to my knowledge, Lily didn't say exactly what happened? I should play it again to confirm. It isn't until later if you choose to talk to Samson again when they actually bring up he accidentally walked in on Lily in the shower. Again, maybe I missed it.
I had a blast playing the demo and can't wait for the full version!

Honest Critique

tnm6
Regular
Projects: Among the Distant Stars, Stained with Magic, The Remembrance Trilogy: Reminiscence
Organization: Anansi Media

#123 Post by tnm6 »

This is looks great! The demo was a blast and I'm happy to say that it put your wonderful manga on my radar as well...Suffice it to say, you've more than exceeded my expectations!!

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#124 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

Green Glasses Girl wrote:I wrote a really long reply on character analysis, but then! Poof! Accidentally closed the tab. Auuuuugh.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this game! I will be contributing to your Kickstarter, no doubt in my mind. Thanks for also explaining the school uniform bit because I wanted to know why they were different from each other! :D My favorite character (who I knew would be because of her name) is Alaska. I cracked up when:
she threatened to put the smack down on Brian with a chair! I stopped her from doing so, though. Also, I thought it was hilarious when she swiped Idril's lunch. What *is* Alaska using her lunch money for anyway?
Let's see...other characters:
...Why does Atali have cat ears? She and Brian make a cute couple, although I guess it's too early to make a solid judgement on that. I don't know too much about Brian yet either.

I love Vincent! He's the classic Prince Charming type. He is totally meant for Idril (megane love~). It's so obvious, seeing how they bonded over the similarities with their mothers.

I am hesitant with James. I'm not sure to pursue him as the whole fork ordeal scared me. That kind of puts up red flags up for me when talking about relationships. I know he apologized, but...I don't know.

I like Alexander too, but I also have a weird suspicion about him. Hopefully he has nothing to do with the disappearing people in town...

Samson is a total sweetheart. I always like the goofy, nice guys!

Lily seems very reserved, which makes me wonder if there's a side of her that she's hiding from the world? I guess I'll have to wait and see. Speaking of Lily, if you choose to comfort Samson, he'll ask you if Lily to you about what happened between them. Idril says she already knows, but to my knowledge, Lily didn't say exactly what happened? I should play it again to confirm. It isn't until later if you choose to talk to Samson again when they actually bring up he accidentally walked in on Lily in the shower. Again, maybe I missed it.
I had a blast playing the demo and can't wait for the full version!
I actually had a long reply all written up last night...then the power went out! Heh. So I completely understand.

I'll go ahead and clear up a couple things in the spoiler...
Atali's cat ears will be explained later in the full game! ^_^
Lily actually does mention the shower situation with Samson when you first meet up with her before talking to Alaska. If you didn't answer her texts in the morning when Idril wakes up though, she only quickly mentions it before you run into Alaska.
I'm really really happy you enjoyed it! Thanks for letting me know what you thought, I really appreciate it! :D

tnm6 wrote:This is looks great! The demo was a blast and I'm happy to say that it put your wonderful manga on my radar as well...Suffice it to say, you've more than exceeded my expectations!!
Aw, thanks! I'm happy you had fun with my demo and I'm excited that I exceeded your expectations. :D I hope you enjoy the full version when I finish it!

NinjaNick
Projects: Learning to draw -_-

#125 Post by NinjaNick »

I have been playing the game and loving it! Once I finish the entirety, I might contribute to the Kick starter :)

Defiantly worth the $15 for all the hard work I can tell you put into it. And because of this game I was introduced to this forum as well so thanks for that too! :D

Over all, I have had a great experience with the game, great job.

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#126 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

NinjaNick wrote:I have been playing the game and loving it! Once I finish the entirety, I might contribute to the Kick starter :)

Defiantly worth the $15 for all the hard work I can tell you put into it. And because of this game I was introduced to this forum as well so thanks for that too! :D

Over all, I have had a great experience with the game, great job.
I am really glad you're enjoying the demo and I'm happy you joined this forum! (Welcome to Lemmasoft!) :D

Thank you so much for trying out the demo, and if you do happen to contribute to the kickstarter, thank you for that as well! I really appreciate it!

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#127 Post by Kyra10 »

I enjoyed the demo so much!
When it was over, it left me wanting to play the full game~
I'm definitely going to contribute to the kickstarter! :D

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#128 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

Kyra10 wrote:I enjoyed the demo so much!
When it was over, it left me wanting to play the full game~
I'm definitely going to contribute to the kickstarter! :D
Aww, I'm so happy you enjoyed the demo! :D

And thank you so much for the support with the kickstarter, I really appreciate it!

NinjaNick
Projects: Learning to draw -_-

#129 Post by NinjaNick »

Have you thought of trying to get the game on Steam via Steam Greenlight? That would bring the game to a much wider audience, and allow for maybe some DLC after the game is released :P

And of course give a Steam Key to the Kickstarter contributors that spent $10+

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#130 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

NinjaNick wrote:Have you thought of trying to get the game on Steam via Steam Greenlight? That would bring the game to a much wider audience, and allow for maybe some DLC after the game is released :P

And of course give a Steam Key to the Kickstarter contributors that spent $10+
I'd definitely like to try to get the game on Steam, but that will have to wait until later. I just personally don't have the $100 at the moment to get it on Greenlight. ^^;

If I did get on Steam, that would be amazing, and I would definitely email Steam Keys to the Kickstarter contributors that spent $10+
---
In other news, I posted updates to the Kickstarter campaign and my tumblr that we reached 2/3 of the goal yesterday! I'm so happy and thankful to everyone that's supported the game so far.

I received a mockup for the custom usb design today. Keep in mind that the final design may vary, but here it is:
Also, I added a new $60 reward, which includes the Full Digital Pack and Idril's Strawberry Bag, and I added international shipping to the original strawberry bag reward.

Lyyli
Regular

#131 Post by Lyyli »

This game is just too darn adorable and fun! :) I enjoyed the demo very much and will definitely support you in this! I hope the Kickstarter will be successful.
Meep.

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#132 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

Lyyli wrote:This game is just too darn adorable and fun! :) I enjoyed the demo very much and will definitely support you in this! I hope the Kickstarter will be successful.
Aww, thanks! :D I'm really happy that you enjoyed the demo so much. I also delighted to hear that you'll be helping the kickstarter, I really appreciate that a lot. It means so much to me! Thank you! :D

supervamp78

#133 Post by supervamp78 »

Jesus all that over 1 F?
Well this is a pretty interesting game, i like the level of interactivity. If i get money in time I'll donate as much as i can to help you reach your stretch goals. Keep up the good work.

Aurélie
Regular
Organization: Lyonesse

#134 Post by Aurélie »

Congratulations on meeting your goal!

I just finished the demo, and quite enjoyed it. Shame on me, though, as I didn't give Vincent much of a chance - I really don't like green-haired characters. Sorry Vincent!

The dynamic CGs and the texting system are both awesome. Very proud of you for making a game about your webcomic, it's good to see people who care so much about their work :wink:

Lyyli
Regular

#135 Post by Lyyli »

Congrats! <3 I'm SO happy that you made it :) I can't wait to play the final product!
Meep.