{Solved} Init properties for characters

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Verstehen

{Solved} Init properties for characters

#1 Post by Verstehen »

I'm pretty sure this should be working.
I've tried moving the position of the nvl text into a certain area for a scene and it won't budge.

Code: Select all

init:
    $ narrator = Character(None, kind=nvl, xpos=0.5, ypos=1, xanchor=1.0, yanchor=1.0)
So I tried just setting its color :

init:
    $ narrator = Character(None, kind=nvl, color="#8f2121")
Narrator defined speech remained the default color.
Last edited by Verstehen on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

Re: Init properties for characters aren't doing anything.

#2 Post by KomiTsuku »

Easy fix. ^_^

Instead of putting it in the init block, just use...

define narrator = Character(None, kind=nvl, xpos=0.5, ypos=1, xanchor=1.0, yanchor=1.0)
Edit: Also, you want to use what_color instead of color to change the color of the text.

Edit2: If you are just doing it for that one scene, use this right before you want it to change. After it is done, you can use the same method to change it back to whatever you wanted.

$ narrator = Character(None, kind=nvl, xpos=0.5, ypos=1, xanchor=1.0, yanchor=1.0)

Verstehen

Re: Init properties for characters aren't doing anything.

#3 Post by Verstehen »

Thanks man, it worked.