REBORN [GxB] [Romance] [Gangsters] [Action] [Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

REBORN [GxB] [Romance] [Gangsters] [Action] [Mystery]

#1 Post by Talann »

REBORN

"Have you ever been hated, or discriminated against? ...And have you ever had to sort out your own shit? Well, I have. People have demonstrated and protested again me. And these people are not only strangers, no, some are the ones who have raised me. Yes, that's my Mamma, a person whom I fucking avoided my whole life. And now, I'm here again having to see her another time. But for some reason, every time I see her face, my mind starts to think about my faggot father. He betrayed us. And every time I picture his face, all my emotions, and commotion run through me, making my temper rise like an exploding ocean.
Not taking notice of anyone as long as I'm breathing. Holding my gun like a little kid with her teddy bear. It's fine Mamma, as long as you see the real me. And I know you hate me but... I'm sorry. I'm sorry mama, I truly never meant to hurt you. And I never ever meant to make you cry. Mamma I never meant to be the reason of your little angel's death, and I never meant to shoot bullets out of a gun. But Mamma, that's who I am now.
And forgive me for loving a criminal so just please don't cry, because I know I will be alright. All reason aside I just can't deny it, because I just honestly love that guy."

F.T.C the town's most powerful gangsters. You decide to join them. Killing, kidnapping, stealing and holding people from ransom just to show your hatred towards people. One day, you fall hopelessly in love with one of the gang boys. You both will live in a huge castle with beautiful waters and rivers. You will hear birds chirping their music, and you'll dance with your prince charming underneath the beautiful moonlight. Everything will be perfect. No. That's not reality. Reality is harsh. You will think that you'll stay with him forever. That is until the mystery of love over-ruled the world, where love has left the universe. Where there is only hatred towards each other. The most important part of your life from now is that you have to solve this mystery. Will you still hold your gun and fight through it... Or will you fail and just be a bystander betraying your lover?

Characters
◀Seven date-able guys.
▶Four girls.
◀Mother
▶One unlock able older brother.
◀&etc

Features
▶CG's
◀Custom GUI (if I have the time to tutor myself)
▶Composed music
◀Unlock-able items and paths (maybe)

Progress
SPRITES 70%
CG ART 1%
SCRIPT 10%
CODING 3%
MUSIC 0%
GUI 0%

Main Character
Name- NaNa
Age- Seventeen
Personality- A strong girl who has gone through a lot of tough situations through out her life. She is a quiet, cold girl who everyone is afraid of. She has committed many crimes since the age of fourteen. She is well known in her neighborhood with the nickname of "Enemy".

Name- Sam
Age- Seventeen
Personality- The class president in NaNa's school. He used to be really kind to NaNa which made NaNa's feelings grow towards him, until she discovered that he was only using her. NaNa confessed her feelings to him and unfortunately she got rejected. His really attitude is a mean and heartless jerk who only likes to use and make fun of others.

F.T.C's MEMBERS
Name- Chris
Age- Eighteen
Personality- F.T.C's leader, Chris, is a caring, kind and tough guy who used to be the top delinquent in NaNa's school. Somehow he has a little information about the mystery.

Name- Finley (Fin for short)
Age- Eighteen
Personality- A flirt and a player. Although, for once, he discovers his actual true feelings towards NaNa and tries to protect her.

Name- Jason
Age- Eighteen
Personality- An evil gang member who comes up with every plan of their crimes. He teases NaNa a lot and he also seems to be a little pervert...

Name- Austin
Age- Seventeen
Personality- Austin is a cool and calm guy who tries to help every gang member with their problems, even though he cannot solve his own problems. He is a friendly and kind guy, who is feeling sorry for what happened to NaNa in her past.

Name- Jeremy
Age- Seventeen
Personality- Jeremy is a hyper, fun, and weird guy. He is the one who makes the gang look like a hilarious circus. He is really friendly and he is the first person to become really close to NaNa. He might seem like a five year old kid but deep down, he has some serious problems with his family.

Name- Adeline
Age- 19
Personality- Adeline is a mysterious girl with a dark past. For some reason she never forgives herself. Rumor has it that she has killed some people who were special towards her. She can sometimes lose her cool due to her mental illness. It also seems that she has run away from her country due to her past.

Name- Kylie
Age- 19
Personality- A nice and friendly girl who quickly gets close to NaNa. She is a responsible girl who you can rely on.

Name- Noelle
Age- 15
Personality- Noelle is Kylie's step-sister and is now being looked after by Kylie because of her past. For some reason, she is kind of unfriendly towards NaNa.

[Character's sprites will go here]
Last edited by Talann on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

ixWishing
Veteran

Re: REBORN [GxB] [Romance] [Gangsters] [Action] [Mystery]

#2 Post by ixWishing »

Omg, this is really interesting! Gangsters + mystery = Awesomeness!
I'll be stalking this! I'm super interested in the unlockable brother (hey, theres no info on him yet, haha), Chris and Jason!
One question though! Are 2 of the 7 date-able guys mystery chars? I only counted 5 guys listed here, so yea.
Also, I don't think I can take Fin seriously! Pink pants! Haha XD
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Talann
Regular

#3 Post by Talann »

Hehe, I'm glad you think so!
...And maybe the unlockable brother will be super duper hot (you never know muahaha)
And about the 7 guys, it's just I haven't completely done the art yet, so there are many more sprites left!
...Trust me you'll never take Fin seriously 'cause he just flirts and teases NaNa 24/7 *wink wink
Last edited by Talann on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Choco Chrono
Organization: CChrono

#4 Post by Choco Chrono »

Ah, a new project! The spirtes look good so far and I'm loving the strong-willed protagonist |D

Unlockable brother and so many date-able guys... mwahaha! Out of all the guy I like Sam the most-- //punched for liking bad boy yet again

P/s: It's just so coincident that I was listening to Criminal by Britney Spear while reading this thread ahaha~

shiho14
Regular

#5 Post by shiho14 »

[Romance] [Gangsters] [Action] [Mystery] >> These things already caught my attention! xD

It seems a lot of things will happen in the story and I'm loving the art! Looks like I have another thread to stalk ^^ I don't have a favorite character yet but I am curious about the older brother :oops:

Nayara NightRoo
Regular
Projects: The Curse

#6 Post by Nayara NightRoo »

I'm not really into gangsters games, but this one looks sooo interesting!! And the art it's nice! Really, I'm looking forward to play it.
And what can I say? I'm curious about the older brother too... :roll:
If you can't do anything, why do you worry? And if you can do something... why do you worry?
The Curse | Honest Critique

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#7 Post by Kyra10 »

This game caught my interest right away.
Can't wait to play it!

Talann
Regular

#8 Post by Talann »

@Choco Chrono-
Thank you so much, and I'm glad!
Well... If you follow Sam's path, he's actually quite interesting... He has a plot twist!
And ohmygosh, I love that song!

@shiho14
Well, there will be two more new characters, see if they can take your interest.
...And, I will admit that the older brother also has a plot twist! *drum roll*
You'll be surprised ;)

@Nayara NightRoo
Aw, thank you! And there are a lot of fans for the older brother, hehe.

@Kyra10
Thank you, and I'm glad it did, muahaha!
*runs up a hill.

ElectraPop

#9 Post by ElectraPop »

Ohh this project seems really fascinating.
I love stories about gangsters and I quite like the sprites.
Also main character seems very promising to me regarding her personality
Can't wait to see more!!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by gekiganwing »

Until I read the thread, I thought this was a fangame based on the Katekyo Hitman Reborn! franchise. The series is about obviously fictitious mafioso. While it was serialized in the boys' magazine Weekly Shonen Jump, the main male character has a lot of guys who are so loyal that they seem to be his harem. In fact, I recall seeing a GxB fan game about the story on the VNDB, but I can't recall its name at the moment.

In other words, I think you will benefit by giving your story another name.

Talann
Regular

#11 Post by Talann »

@gekiganwing Ah, dammit, that's unfortunate. I quite liked that name, actually - and I had a hard time picking it out. Well, I guess I'll need to find another name. Thanks for the info though!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by gekiganwing »

Obviously, quite a bit of your story is different (no Dying Will powers or intelligent babies who act as tutors). Still, I'm sure you can think of a title which won't be confused with Akira Amano's series.

(It took a few minutes of searching, but I found the fan-made game: Heartbeat Bullet.)

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#13 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Cute art~! Who's the artist?
i'll cry if you yell at me

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#14 Post by distorsion »

Oooo, interesting~! I will be keeping an eye on you. -bookmarks this topic-
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

Talann
Regular

#15 Post by Talann »

@silverpikachu99 - Really? I am the artist, lol. I kinda disliked it which made me think of hiring an artist. But you just motivated me XD

@distorsion -
Thankyooouuu c: