Pokémon X/Y and International Releases

For the rest of your otaku life.
Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Pokémon X/Y and International Releases

#16 Post by Lishy »

I wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon Z released either. Not sure if to wait or not...

I'm also wondering if we'll be able to hijack the GTS like we did with Black/White, since it was necessary to get maxed Pokemon for competitive battling (and had a legality checker too!)
-

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#17 Post by SundownKid »

Ran08 wrote:I agree with you guys, I didn't like Gen V much anymore, even though I did buy Pokemon Black and Black 2. But since I've always been a Pokemon fan, and that I do have a 3DS anyway, I'm probably gonna buy this. Last chance for them. Hahaha. If this game turned out to be just like the other kinda repetitive Pokemon games, with a similar formula (young trainer sets out on a journey, collects badges and pokemon, defeats a legendary-pokemon-wielding criminal organization, wins the league), then I guess I won't buy Gen VII, if ever there will be any.

Still, that's just me talking. When the time comes, my heart would probably be screaming for a new Pokemon game again. -_____-
It seems that Pokemon will always stay pretty much the same - as long as it sells gangbusters, they have no reason to change it at all. Much like Mario, the games are focused around gameplay with the plot as an afterthought. Which is sad, because catering to a young demographic doesn't mean "dumbing down" your stuff. Pokemon in its early days was interesting not just because it was flashy, but it was unique and not yet "disneyfied".

Still, the last one I played was Diamond, so I might bite when Pokemon Z comes out, if there is one.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#18 Post by Ran08 »

I guess you're right, SundownKid. Well, it's still pretty fun anyway, even though it does get repetitive sometimes. And you're right. They look... "disneyfied." I think what irks me the most are those new Pokemon. They look... so foreign to me. Maybe it has something to do with their bright, vivid colors, or their cartoonish style but... I just love the old ones better.

But hey, like I said, the time has come. ^^ I'm really excited for the 3D one now. Lol. I saw the vid, and it kinda looks similar to Harvest Moon. I'm a big HM fan. :)

myapple
Regular
Projects: RoG2.0, Stirling
Organization: red inc.

#19 Post by myapple »

I went to a Pokemon show thing today and got to try a short demo of X/Y... and Ran08, you're right; the graphics are very similar to the newer harvest moon games, I think.
There is also a new feature that lets you roller blade (though I assume they're still going to have bikes?) which was pretty awesome.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Lishy »

3 weeks left. Me and Bulbasaur are gonna kick ass again, YEAH!

Also, amazing chair-sitting technology!
-

RobertSilvermyst
Regular
Projects: Coming Home

#21 Post by RobertSilvermyst »

ImageImageImage

That is all :twisted:

I have to say, where Gen 5 mostly let me down with their new Pokemon, I have loved just about every new Pokemon revealed so far for Gen 6. (All except Mega Ampheros the 80's rockstar)

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#22 Post by Sapphi »

Lishy wrote:3 weeks left. Me and Bulbasaur are gonna kick ass again, YEAH!
I know I originally posted in this thread saying I was having doubts as to whether I was going to do X and Y, but I made peace with the changes and am totally excited for it now. I'm still not terribly impressed with the new designs overall, although a few of them I really like (Dedenne, Bunnelby, Furfrou). But I guess what's making this so exciting for me is that renewed sense of mystery... what hidden places will I find? What strange creatures will I encounter? Nobody knows yet!

I like this international release! :D
RobertSilvermyst wrote:I have to say, where Gen 5 mostly let me down with their new Pokemon, I have loved just about every new Pokemon revealed so far for Gen 6. (All except Mega Ampheros the 80's rockstar)
Oh my, I think we are complete polar opposites in terms of taste! I thought Gen 5 Pokemon had some of the nicest concepts and designs for Pokemon that I have seen in a long time, and Mega Ampharos is actually my FAVORITE mega evolution revealed so far! :lol:
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

RobertSilvermyst
Regular
Projects: Coming Home

#23 Post by RobertSilvermyst »

I suppose so. There were only a handful of Pokemon I actually liked from 5th Gen (Cincinno line, Meinfoo line, Snivy line, Oshawott line, Zorua line, Lilligant, Lillipup line, Reshiram, Victini and the Musketeers trio), the rest didn't really appeal to me. It had the least amount of Pokemon I liked, while it's a toss-up between Gens 3&4 for which one has the most number of my favorite Pokemon.