Destiny Fails Us [Otome|Romance|Slice of Life] Oct. 7

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

Re: Destiny Fails Us [GxB|Dramedy] 9/14 | Demo and Kickstart

#136 Post by Alera »

You reached the goal, that's so exciting!!! >w<
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#137 Post by 15385bic »

the custom usb is so cute XD -- matches the rest of the game definitely =D

looks like kiskstarter was a success and hopefully u get greenlight too ;D
goodluck!

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#138 Post by Kyra10 »

Congratulations on a successful kickstarter! ^^

DestinyFailsUs
Regular
Completed: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Projects: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Organization: Strawberry Dagger Studio
Tumblr: DestinyFailsUs
Deviantart: DestinyFailsUs
itch: Sbds

#139 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

supervamp78 wrote:Jesus all that over 1 F?
Well this is a pretty interesting game, i like the level of interactivity. If i get money in time I'll donate as much as i can to help you reach your stretch goals. Keep up the good work.
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the demo! If you do get the money to donate, I would really appreciate it! :D Thank you.
Aurélie wrote:Congratulations on meeting your goal!

I just finished the demo, and quite enjoyed it. Shame on me, though, as I didn't give Vincent much of a chance - I really don't like green-haired characters. Sorry Vincent!

The dynamic CGs and the texting system are both awesome. Very proud of you for making a game about your webcomic, it's good to see people who care so much about their work :wink:
Thanks! :D I'm happy you liked it! It really means a lot to me that to hear that. I really did put a lot of effort into this, so I'm honored to hear that people are proud of me. ^///^
Lyyli wrote:Congrats! <3 I'm SO happy that you made it :) I can't wait to play the final product!
Thanks! :D
Alera wrote:You reached the goal, that's so exciting!!! >w<
Thank you! :D It is really exciting. I was so happy that we reached the goal last night! :D Now to try to get some stretch goals !!!
15385bic wrote:the custom usb is so cute XD -- matches the rest of the game definitely =D

looks like kiskstarter was a success and hopefully u get greenlight too ;D
goodluck!
Aw, thanks! :D I really like how the USB turned out, I can't wait to order them for everyone. :) And thanks :) If I get on greenlight, I'll post a link here! :D
Kyra10 wrote:Congratulations on a successful kickstarter! ^^
Thank you so much! :D Your donation helped out a bunch, I really appreciate that. :D

---

Well, in case anyone didn't notice from all of the kind messages I received here, we reached our goal! :D I'm really happy. I just wanted to make sure you all know that I appreciate the support, kind words, and donations I've received. I'm going to do my best with this game and it means so much to me that I have this opportunity to achieve my dream. Thank you.

So, what now? There's 12 days left in the campaign and I still need funds to reach some stretch goals. :)

The first stretch goal that I hope we can reach is: Unlocking "One-Hit-Wonder-Boy" :D
Below is the information located on the Kickstarter Project page for the "OHWB" stretch goal.

If we reach $5,000 we will add another character, One-Hit-Wonder-Boy, into the game. One-Hit-Wonder-Boy has appeared in the Destiny Fails Us manga a few times, with such great hits as "Your mom goes to college!" and "It's the final countdown! Dah da de ne, dah ne ne ne ne!"
If he was added into the game, would you take the opportunity to see the person behind those outdated sunglasses?

There's so many smileys, I'm sorry. I'm just so happy right now. :)

Nisey

Re: Destiny Fails Us [GxB|Dramedy] 10/6 | Kickstarter:Final

#140 Post by Nisey »

Love love love this! I just recently heard of and finished the demo and I can say that this is the most excited I've been for a game in a while! Glad to see you've met your goal, which I'm sure was no hard feat since it's clear how much work and love you've put into this project! I especially loved the level of interaction coupled with the cell phone system! Reminds me of Christine Love's games! Keep up the good work!

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

Destiny Fails Us [GxB|Dramedy] 10/6 | Kickstarter: 3 Days!

#141 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

With just 65 hours left in the campaign, we’re less than $700 left to reach our first stretch goal, which will bring more content and quality into the game. If you donate during the Kickstarter Campaign, you can receive the game for $10 instead of $15. This is a limited time offer, and will only be available during the duration of the Kickstarter. :)

If you have been waiting to donate, now’s the time!
---
Nisey wrote:Love love love this! I just recently heard of and finished the demo and I can say that this is the most excited I've been for a game in a while! Glad to see you've met your goal, which I'm sure was no hard feat since it's clear how much work and love you've put into this project! I especially loved the level of interaction coupled with the cell phone system! Reminds me of Christine Love's games! Keep up the good work!
Aww, thank you! :D I really am happy that you enjoyed it! :D I hope you enjoy the full game when it's released.

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

Re: Destiny Fails Us [GxB|Dramedy] 10/13 | Kickstarter: Last

#142 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

19 Hours Remaining in the Campaign
It ends at 6:59 AM PDT, Monday October 14th.
If you wanted to save $5 on the game, donate before the campaign is over and receive it for $10 instead of $15.

We just reached $5,000 with our Kickstarter and PayPal donations combined, which means we unlocked One Hit Wonder Boy as a Character!

Kickstarter | Download Demo | PayPal Donations

Lyyli
Regular

#143 Post by Lyyli »

Awesome! :D I'm curious about him~ Congrats!
Meep.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#144 Post by philip »

Just came across this last evening (don't know how I missed it earlier). Downloaded and played through it; very well done, and interesting - I will look forward to the completed game!
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

Re: Destiny Fails Us [GxB|Dramedy] 11/2

#145 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

I'm sorry for the delayed response, I've been moving to a new place and just recently finished getting the internet connection set up. I still have some stuff left to unpack, and I still need to move my entertainment center/desk over here (Hopefully that will be finished tomorrow), but I'm doing my best to hurry as quickly as possible. :D
Lyyli wrote:Awesome! :D I'm curious about him~ Congrats!
Thanks! :D He's going to be a fun character to put in the game, I'm excited.
philip wrote:Just came across this last evening (don't know how I missed it earlier). Downloaded and played through it; very well done, and interesting - I will look forward to the completed game!
Thank you! :D I'm happy that you enjoyed it and you're looking forward to the completed game!

Alright, I'm going to try and finish unpacking these boxes so I can get back to DFU :)

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#146 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Holy!! The demo was absolutely amazing!!!!!!!! But, now I want the full game '-' Good job :)
i'll cry if you yell at me

SheerGlade
Regular
Projects: Essence
Deviantart: Shinkami

#147 Post by SheerGlade »

I learned about DFU on Deviantart and had to play it. I am wholeheartedly anticipating the full release. The amount of effort that's been put into it is jawdropping, and it certainly pays off. The music is not only fitting but gorgeous, the relationships/problems are relatable and interesting, and the characters are adorable and likeable (even James...and uh, the things he does with forks XD I'm really interested to learn more about him...why oh why am I always drawn to characters with a horrendous temper?). The frequent choices and all the features are AMAZING as well; I can't fathom how tedious it must be to get all of those things working properly. o_O

And lastly, the art. AAAAAAAAAAAAH. The GUI is user-friendly and BEAUTIFUL (as are the CGs...love how many there are) and the opening cinematic was wonderful (loved the song). I absolutely ADORE the style you're using for the art...the sprites...CGs...all of it. It's crisp, clean, and cute - totally suited to the story, at least in my opinion.

I enjoyed the fast pace of the demo - all those catastrophes happening in rapid succession truly made me pity Idril ;-; I can't wait to see how the relationships unfold between the characters; you've got an intriguing cast. I wish the demo was longer! XD I can't imagine how much time you spent on it, especially considering the spectacular quality of the work.

I don't have much to offer, but if I can help with anything (from proofreading to beta testing or whatever), you have my support!

And lastly...sorry for the wall of text, but I can blab forever about things I like :'D

Sharane
Regular

#148 Post by Sharane »

I played demo and I´m looking forward to full game! I´m curious how the story will continue. How long the full game will be approximately?
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

Itwasneveradream
Veteran
Projects: Color Me Cliche (semi-hiatus) | Rose Colored Days | College Jam | One secret Project

#149 Post by Itwasneveradream »

I've always meant to ask. Since there are people who have no paypal/money (like me TT.TT huhu), would you ever consider holding a fanart competition of some sort where the prize is the game for free? Just asking~

Kensela
Regular

#150 Post by Kensela »

I adore the GUI in this game. Also I usually don't like the 3D anime modelish look in games, but I actually liked the look in this one. I usually think the 3D look in VN makes it look cheap, but looking at your game I can see that there was plenty of work that went into it.