Love Target! (GxB,Slice-of-Life,Comedy,Unexpected Ends?)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ramunai
Regular
Projects: Love Target!

Love Target! (GxB,Slice-of-Life,Comedy,Unexpected Ends?)

#1 Post by Ramunai »

"In the race which some call life, I aim to be at the top at the love department!"

Many people have a goal in life and Yurica's is finding love—true love—as soon as possible. She doesn't want to wait for college, university or work to find The One. She only wants to find him (hopefully) before her final year of high school since she's pretty sure that her mom will hold a knife over her throat just to make her study for those 'important exams that determines her future'.

Will our determined little Yurica achieve her goal or will she be hurt among some others instead?
★Characters★
Matsumoto Yurica 17
The boy-crazy, comical and happy-go-lucky/childish high school student. She's playful and enjoys teasing her best friend. Her motto for life is: "To find love is the only reason I'm living now!" However, don't let her seemingly ditzy personality fool you. This girl has a surprisingly insightful mind and can be very mature and serious when the situation calls for it.

Nomura Sakuya 17
The quiet and blunt best friend of Yurica. Her blunt personality and pessimism is what makes guys walk away from her despite her pretty looks, or so Yurica constantly tells her. Therefore, she is actually quite hopeless around males and the topic of love.

Shiroyama Hiro 17, romance-able
The insanely popular star of the soccer club. Despite that, he doesn't enjoy socializing much, especially with his fan girls, and he doesn't have much friends. He keeps people at bay because of a belief he has.

Yukimura Toushi 18, romance-able
The serious and reliable president of the student council. He is the smartest student in the entire school and has zero tolerance for slackers. He is quite popular among girls because of his looks, intelligence and background...However, not much is actually known about him and all the "facts" are mainly made up from the beliefs of his admirers.

Tonegawa Shin 16, romance-able
The adorable and strong-willed student. He quite naive and is well-liked by many, but is usually bullied (well...more like cornered to do favors) by others because he has this horrible trait of being unable to say no to friends. He is extremely good at cooking and arts.

★Screenshots★

★Progress★
Story: 100%
Script: 30%
Sprites: 100%
Background: 100%

PS: Just to clear up any future confusions, sprites and backgrounds are not done by me. They're free and are on the internet for anyone to use. I don't draw well enough with a tablet to use my own art for a game :)

I might edit some stuff here and I'll be keeping this post updated (since it's actually here for me to check on my own progress, ehehehe...)
Last edited by Ramunai on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:16 am, edited 10 times in total.
Ramunai [ラムない]
WIP: Love Target!

Minari Cipher
Regular
Projects: Seasons of Love, The Dare to Gamble, Halloween Otome (Beta Tester)

Re: Love Target! (GxB, High School, Comedy, Unexpected Endin

#2 Post by Minari Cipher »

Interesting story can't wait for it especially the twist and turns you'll add on this game. ^^,
I'll be lurking here. :wink:
Seasons of Love (Little Helpers)
The Dare to Gamble (Writer)

Ramunai
Regular

Re: Love Target! (GxB, High School, Comedy, Unexpected Endin

#3 Post by Ramunai »

D`Angel18 wrote:Interesting story can't wait for it especially the twist and turns you'll add on this game. ^^,
I'll be lurking here. :wink:
Thank you~
I'm doing my very best to make this game surprising at unexpected times :D
Ramunai [ラムない]

Ramunai
Regular

Re: Love Target! (GxB,Slice-of-Life,Comedy,Unexpected Ends?)

#4 Post by Ramunai »

★Updates★
20/10/2013
Plot for the story line is completed, though I might make some unexpected changes along the way...but hey, the (rough) draft is completed! Also, the characterization of the characters might not be a 100% shown depending on what the final result is.

Script is at 30% with 3331 words and I'm still indecisive about adding background music OTL. I'll leave that for later...
Ramunai [ラムない]

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#5 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Good luck finishing this~ I look forward to playing love target!
i'll cry if you yell at me

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#6 Post by Kyra10 »

This looks interesting~
I'll play this when it comes out for sure!
:)

-LKays
Projects: The Witch
Organization: H A L E .
Deviantart: PaintOfTheWind

#7 Post by -LKays »

That looks great...I love your art. :) when do you think you'll finish it? I'll be waiting... >.<

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#8 Post by MaiMai »

-LKays wrote:That looks great...I love your art. :) when do you think you'll finish it? I'll be waiting... >.<
It's not original art, they're Tokudaya sprites that are free to use along with the backgrounds I'm assuming.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Ramunai
Regular

#9 Post by Ramunai »

silverpikachu99 wrote:Good luck finishing this~ I look forward to playing love target!
Thank you! I'll be doing my best <3
Kyra10 wrote:This looks interesting~
I'll play this when it comes out for sure!
:)
Thank you~ I'm doing my best to make this game comical but also make it relatable to people...well, I'm not exactly sure about the latter but I'm trying! x'D
-LKays wrote:That looks great...I love your art. :) when do you think you'll finish it? I'll be waiting... >.<
I estimate that I'll be done with this in December since I have my finals to do in November (school sucks, haha), or maybe a little after January since this game will definitely need a lot of polishing considering it's my first one :)
Also, the art isn't drawn by me. The sprites are free as are the backgrounds. I've only done some edits to the sprites and backgrounds to accommodate the story line.
MaiMai wrote:-LKays wrote:
That looks great...I love your art. :) when do you think you'll finish it? I'll be waiting... >.<

It's not original art, they're Tokudaya sprites that are free to use along with the backgrounds I'm assuming.
Yes, you're right :D
Ramunai [ラムない]

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by try10 »

This looks interesting enough. I'm willing to play it when it's finished. Good luck! ;)

-LKays
Projects: The Witch
Organization: H A L E .
Deviantart: PaintOfTheWind

#11 Post by -LKays »

MaiMai wrote:
Wow seriously? Well in any case the game is still interesting :P

Sayashiro
Regular
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers

#12 Post by Sayashiro »

Oh my gosh! This VN looks adorable! I will definitely follow this~
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l

Ramunai
Regular

#13 Post by Ramunai »

try10 wrote:This looks interesting enough. I'm willing to play it when it's finished. Good luck! ;)
Thank you! Will do my best to not disappoint anyone :D
Sayashiro wrote:Oh my gosh! This VN looks adorable! I will definitely follow this~
Hehe, thank you~ This game is intended by all means to be cute and comical but also relatable xD
Ramunai [ラムない]

Ramunai
Regular

#14 Post by Ramunai »

★Updates★
01/11/2013
There are 3 endings for each romance-able character; Happy, Normal, and Bad.
Also, there is a "secret ending" (or call it more of a surprise scene?) for one of the romance-able characters.

...There might be more secret endings (for all romance-able characters to be fair) in the final product...when I get a hang of everything OTL
Ramunai [ラムない]