A Rose by Any Other Name [Short KN] [Fantasy] (Released!)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
feathersnake
Regular
Completed: A Rose by Any Other Name
Projects: Color, You've Got Mail!
Organization: Olfix Productions
Tumblr: olfix
Deviantart: olfix

Re: A Rose by Any Other Name [Short KN] [Fantasy]

#31 Post by feathersnake »

Tawanka wrote:Whoever is doing your music really needs to hurry it up.... *cough cough*
Or they can take their time. :P And make amazingly beautiful music!
AntiquedFae wrote:I love the melancholic feel to this. It makes me think of a bittersweet, old-fashioned fairytale. I'm looking really forward to this, it seems so quiet and yet at the same time so evocative. I'm sure it will be enchanting! Good luck!
Thank you so much for your support! It really helps us stay motivated. We're looking forward to releasing it! :) It's nice to hear that it gives off those feelings, and I hope we can make it worth playing.
(Sorry for the late reply by the way. My internet has been down for a while.)
Olfix Productions:
Tumblr | itch.io
Complete Projects:
A Rose by Any Other Name
In-progress:
Color | You've Got Mail!

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#32 Post by AntiquedFae »

Thank you so much for your support! It really helps us stay motivated. We're looking forward to releasing it! :) It's nice to hear that it gives off those feelings, and I hope we can make it worth playing.
(Sorry for the late reply by the way. My internet has been down for a while.)
No problem, my internet is not the most reliable either.

You're welcome. You guys definitely deserve the support! :) I'm sure it will be a joy to play! I'm super excited you are excited for it's release! I certainly am. ;)
I wish you the best!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

feathersnake
Regular

#33 Post by feathersnake »

Currently seeking guest art-To anyone who may be interested, we are seeking guest art of the characters for A Rose by Any Other Name to be featured in the extras section when the KN is released. Naturally we will put the credit to you for the art under your preferred name/username on the piece when it is viewed. As Rose is a free KN and we don't have the funds to give, we are unable to pay anyone for their artwork. We certainly aren't requiring anyone to do guest art and it is completely by volunteer.

If anyone is interested, has any questions, or would like to draw the ??? or witch characters, feel free to message me by PM or in this thread. Thank you for your consideration!

Rose Update- Now then, if anyone is desperately wanting a progress update from this post...I suppose I can show my rough progress on the Gui screens....but they are by no means complete.

Preferences-

Save/Load-

-Also, we have our release date goal. Emeytroi will be leaving in just a few months, so our goal is to release it by mid-November or earlier.
Olfix Productions:
Tumblr | itch.io
Complete Projects:
A Rose by Any Other Name
In-progress:
Color | You've Got Mail!

enkasai

#34 Post by enkasai »

Hmmm, the story seems really promising. The thing with the witch miiiiiiight be kind of tricky to handle, but I think you guys can make it happen. ;) There's a nice melancholy to the music; it kind of reminded me of Beethoven with the bell-like tone at the beginning. (In general, I'm jealous of anyone who can play an instrument, because I can't music for shit, orz.)

The concepts for the Prefs and S/L screens are so keeeewt. (*≧▽≦)

Anyway. This sounds like a great project overall, so I would love to offer some art. (✿◠‿◠) Just PM me the details, like, if you want a specific scene that could be used as a CG or something, deadlines, screen resolution, stuff like that.

Good luck!

feathersnake
Regular

#35 Post by feathersnake »

enkasai wrote:Hmmm, the story seems really promising. The thing with the witch miiiiiiight be kind of tricky to handle, but I think you guys can make it happen. ;) There's a nice melancholy to the music; it kind of reminded me of Beethoven with the bell-like tone at the beginning. (In general, I'm jealous of anyone who can play an instrument, because I can't music for shit, orz.)

Anyway. This sounds like a great project overall, so I would love to offer some art. (✿◠‿◠) Just PM me the details, like, if you want a specific scene that could be used as a CG or something, deadlines, screen resolution, stuff like that.

Good luck!
Thank you! ^~^ I sent you a PM.
Olfix Productions:
Tumblr | itch.io
Complete Projects:
A Rose by Any Other Name
In-progress:
Color | You've Got Mail!

tawanka

#36 Post by tawanka »

enkasai wrote:Hmmm, the story seems really promising. The thing with the witch miiiiiiight be kind of tricky to handle, but I think you guys can make it happen. ;) There's a nice melancholy to the music; it kind of reminded me of Beethoven with the bell-like tone at the beginning. (In general, I'm jealous of anyone who can play an instrument, because I can't music for shit, orz.)

Good luck!
(I think this is how you reply on this website?)
D8 thank you. I was a little worried about the song, (probably because I heard it a billion times and it's driving me mad). I would only hope to make amazing music as great as Beethoven one day, but I'm glad that the song is hitting the right mood. Thanks for the feedback!

feathersnake
Regular

#37 Post by feathersnake »

Update: Emey's been working hard on the CGs, while I have, uh, been tripping through the GUI. Haha. The other good news is Tawanka hasn't thrown her piano at us yet.
Anyways, now we have a CG we can show a preview of!

We only have about a month left to finish, so here goes something.
Olfix Productions:
Tumblr | itch.io
Complete Projects:
A Rose by Any Other Name
In-progress:
Color | You've Got Mail!

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#38 Post by AntiquedFae »

Ooh, exciting! I'm ecstatic to see it completed! :D
Best wishes for the final month!! So exciting, squee!~~
You can call me Fae!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#39 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Can't wait for this to be finished ^^!! I'm about done with my (terrible) quest art too. Best of luck meeting the deadline!!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#40 Post by Duskylli »

Looks like your first project is progressing nicely! The painterly art style is really nice. Florence and Hazel give a really kind, friendly and peaceful vibe. Charming storyline :3 Let me know if you still need art.

feathersnake
Regular

#41 Post by feathersnake »

AntiquedFae wrote:Ooh, exciting! I'm ecstatic to see it completed! :D
Best wishes for the final month!! So exciting, squee!~~
Thank youuu! We're stressing out a bit, but we're super excited and things are coming along nicely. We finally got a cord to work with the keyboard today, so music soon!
Hazel-Bun wrote:Can't wait for this to be finished ^^!! I'm about done with my (terrible) quest art too. Best of luck meeting the deadline!!
Thank you! ;~; And good luck with your art as well! We're looking forward to it!
Duskylli wrote:Looks like your first project is progressing nicely! The painterly art style is really nice. Florence and Hazel give a really kind, friendly and peaceful vibe. Charming storyline :3 Let me know if you still need art.
I did take the main notice down, but if you want to do some guest art, we would absolutely love it! *cough*And it would be nice if we could get some art of Hazel, but I'm not going to force you or anyone to draw her.*cough* If you need any details or have any questions, just ask! I know our character descriptions are a little short. Thank you for the comments~ It's great that they come across that way. :D
Olfix Productions:
Tumblr | itch.io
Complete Projects:
A Rose by Any Other Name
In-progress:
Color | You've Got Mail!

feathersnake
Regular

#42 Post by feathersnake »

Update- Finally, the preferences screen.

Olfix Productions:
Tumblr | itch.io
Complete Projects:
A Rose by Any Other Name
In-progress:
Color | You've Got Mail!

emeytroi
Completed: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=24451
Projects: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37800
Organization: Olfix
Tumblr: troilife
Deviantart: emeytroi

#43 Post by emeytroi »

Juuuuuust so you guys know (because I don't know if anyone will notice otherwise) ;

TROLOLOLOLOLOL.

Anyways. XD On another note, just a quick update from a crazy Olfix member!
The CGs are almost done (I only have 3-4 more to go), the GUI is coming along wonderfully and FeaSna's coding is getting more wonderful but the minute! Tawanka has already come up with two songs to use which are FDIAFLEJ;ALIEJAFL;NFIOEA AMAZING but has been fighting with the recording program we're using so hopefully that will be figured out. ;n; I'm not very good with techy stuff so I can't really help but both Tawanka and FeaSna's been working with it! We're still working to finish by the end of this month/beginning of next month. Wish us luck!!
Finished Projects:
Work In Progress:
Nano '16 Work in Progress:

emeytroi
Completed: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=24451
Projects: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37800
Organization: Olfix
Tumblr: troilife
Deviantart: emeytroi

#44 Post by emeytroi »

ALL CGS ARE DONE!!!
I HAVE FINISHED!!
PEACE OUT PEEPS!! 8D

I might do some extra small stuff but otherwise I am DONE! *dances*
Also!! Music programing stuff has been FIGURED OUT and Tawanka has already made quite a few amazing songs for our little game. ;u; they are wonderful. FeaSna is also being EXTREMELY proactive with the GUI and is working on it every chance she can. WE'RE ALMOST THERE YOU GUYS, JUST A LITTLE FARTHER!!
Finished Projects:
Work In Progress:
Nano '16 Work in Progress:

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#45 Post by AntiquedFae »

Yay!!! :D You're almost there! I'm certain this game will be beautiful! You can do it! ^.^
You can call me Fae!