What kind of Anime/Otome Character do you like ?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Lyyli
Regular

Re: What kind of Anime/Otome Character do you like ?

#46 Post by Lyyli »

Weeeell, I do have a thing for male yandere characters (I even listen to the Yandere Heaven drama CDs x3) and male butler types that can kick ass.

Oh, and also this:
Daistarir wrote:What kind of type Anime/Otome Character do you like ?
I am shameless proudly to say I like shota sadist masochist boys have youthful face or young boy with evil , naughty, sneeky type ,
<3
Meep.

Madii

#47 Post by Madii »

Lyyli wrote:Weeeell, I do have a thing for male yandere characters (I even listen to the Yandere Heaven drama CDs x3) and male butler types that can kick ass.
So... Sebastian from Black Butler?
"Success is an achievement, while failure is a lesson. One cannot celebrate one, without learning from the other." ~ Somebody. I'm sure of it.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#48 Post by Akitsuki »

Well, huh. I believe at first I like the typical kuudere or tsundere; act cool, expressionless, and stuff in the outside but actually kind and warm in the inside. Or a mean guy but will be really nice once you know him well. But maybe after encountering many anime/manga/otome games, I don't stick to only one type of a guy. You can say now I prefer an energetic and active guy who you can easily talk to, and sometimes he'll tease you but not to the point that he'll annoy you. Well, an upbeat person I might say.

But I also love an all nice guy, like Suzuya in Starry Sky *A* He's so caring and understanding, and I have a spot for a male who secretly watches over you. He's also dependable! My life is so complete.. Then there's also Hariya from Tokimeki Memorial 2nd Season. He's just so cool, sometimes a bit childish, headstrong, outgoing, and tsundere! I might write a paragraph about him, really. A guy like Chase from Animal Parade is also listed in my all-time favorite male characters. At first he could act harsh but in time he'll be so nice. Oh man, if only I can meet him in real life.. *A* Okay, I miss all those guys and I might replay the games from the start again.

As for girls, I like a strong girl who is also blunt about everything. Or a kuudere. I don't really like tsundere girl, especially in a condition where she has a big crush on someone but keeps telling the opposite thing. It will always end up with the boy leaving her and she realizes she must tell him the truth. It's just.. urgh. I don't like it. Why wouldn't you just tell it from the first start?! Other than that, I favorite a cheerful girl too.

hikaa212
Regular
Projects: Distant Dream

#49 Post by hikaa212 »

For guys, I like the one that acts don't care and just cool, but secretly cares and make jokes with straight face (err, tomoya from CLANNAD? and others i dont remember but there is....), or 'the shy classmate type', or like Raku Ichijou from Nisekoi manga (lolol), or tsunderes but not to the extend (extreme tsunderes are annoying~)

As for girls, I love tsunderes (again, not really extreme) like Makise Kurisu from steins;gate or modern tsundere like Kyou from CLANNAD (aww arent they cute~) , yanderes! esp. Yuno Gasai! xD or yangires like Rena from Higurashi, and kuuderes that is good at studying (err... like Shiraishi Urara from Yamada Kun And 7 Witches) ?? XD
"I hope that all of the choices I've made while wandering through the darkness might give everyone a ray of Light." - Kotarou Tennouji, Rewrite.

tumblr | a blog about games
I'm useless, haha.

Din Redfire
Projects: Arcadia's Tales

#50 Post by Din Redfire »

Tsundere boys XD I think it's cute, but not much tsundere girls for some reason ^^' And nerdy/intellectual/geeky/glasses-wearing folks~ ^_^

NeoAngelique
Regular

#51 Post by NeoAngelique »

When it comes to a female protagonist, I'd prefer cute and caring ones, hehe, like Angelique(There are a lot of other traits I want to post but there are too many ^_^). A male protagonist should be like him
Attachments
Rayne from Neo Angelique Abyss&amp;Second Age
Rayne from Neo Angelique Abyss&Second Age
images.jpeg (10.74 KiB) Viewed 2956 times

Dream
Regular

#52 Post by Dream »

Sekai-kei girls.

AquaEG
Regular
Projects: Fateful Encounters
Organization: At the moment, niches are not my forte.

#53 Post by AquaEG »

Hmmm, I have so many preferences! But I've always liked the tsunderes, the way they seem so unapproachable and unfeeling but somehow they always finally manage to crack in the end ._. *coughKoufromHiyokoicough* Love my megane guys too, those smart-ass people. But I find myself attached to those preserving, charming, lovable types too like Naruto and Tsuna. :3

Honestly, for the girls, I prefer the shy ones who can't say much and have to be coaxed out of their shells (like I once was) or the normal ones, the ones that joke around, get serious sometimes, you know, an all-rounder. I've never liked female tsunderes, I think they're stupid and they get me irritated. -.- Yes, that's heavily biased lol. But <3 my yanderes *Yuno :3*

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#54 Post by Caveat Lector »

Generally: Characters that are well-developed and identifiable to an extent even if they're not 100% sympathetic. But in regards to anime/otome specific characters...stylistically, bishies are so pretty. I just can't resist the look. And yanderes tend to be make otherwise passable anime a lot more interesting (case in point: Kaede from Shuffle! Her storyline pretty much pwns the others, but sadly, I hear her Yamato Nadeshiko personality is played straight in the VN :( Though I do also love me some Yuno! :twisted: ).
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Kagehide
Regular

#55 Post by Kagehide »

Im not going to be embarassed anymore and accept the fact that i swoon for extreme masochistic and sadistic characters just
Oh bby cut me up and tell me that you love me <3
I probably became like this because of Iwamine Shuu from hatoful boyfriend and Mukami Azusa from diabolik lovers
sorry im a crazy person *rolls away at the speed of light*
"I’ve decided…I won’t run away any more…I’ll fight with my future! I’ll fight with the future that everyone’s made for me! Not for anyone else, but for myself!" -Hinata Hajime

soraibi
Regular

#56 Post by soraibi »

I like shotas, kuuderes and tsunderes. But whenever I play VNs I usually end up with the super genki guy/girl for some reason xD

OmegasOblivion

#57 Post by OmegasOblivion »

Well...I like mostly Bishonen guys and if he has a cute personality IT'S EVEN BETTER....Soft voice (if the game has a voice actor of course xD) long hair (sometimes) but still a surprisingly "macho/freaking dominant" side, all that stuff it's magic for me I don't know why lol.

And sometimes the smart ones. Quiet, cold and indifferent but a sac of emotions in the end. They're just mmm lovely T.T

Gauntlet_Runner

#58 Post by Gauntlet_Runner »

I generally like any character who I think is well-written.
I do have a tendency to really like any characters who are completely crazy or delusional though. Even if they aren't particularly well-written. xD

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#59 Post by Chasing Summer »

The absolute jerk ass tsundere who turns out to be adorable, the cute shota who’s actually got a dark side and Mr Nice Guy who’s always friend zoned. I also enjoy perverted characters, ahaha, and crazy/delusional yanderes. And -- I should probably stop now.

// hides in the corner of shame :oops:
Last edited by Chasing Summer on Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#60 Post by Laiska »

Perfect anime husband:

Honourable mentions:
Image Image Image

My liege:

With a shoutout to my actual perfect bokukko wife, if we're also talking female characters:

There are many more perfect waifu I could mention, but I don't think that is the aim of this topic...

No no, no need to banish me back to under my rock, I'll go willingly...

(In all seriousness though, I will always go for the weirdest option or the female option, I guarantee it.)