[Announcement] Arabic Ren'Py 6.16 باللغه العربية

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
renoa-heartilly
Regular
Completed: مقهى الضائعون, Arabic Translations for Ren'py, Pretty Please
Projects: حور, BB project, dentist drama
Organization: stanza studio (creative circle)

[Announcement] Arabic Ren'Py 6.16 باللغه العربية

#1 Post by renoa-heartilly »

assalamu alaikom wa rahmat Allah wa barakatu
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
hello everyone!
today i bring you Ren'Py 6.16 in Arabic, what's new is better support for Android, and the ability to choose the language of your project in the 'New Project' dialogue!
مرحباً جميعاً!
اليوم أقدم لكم التعريب لبرنامج رينباي 6.16 والذي يقدم دعم أفضل للأندرويد, و إمكانية اختيار اللغه عند بدء مشروع جديد لتحديد إتجاه النص و لغة القوائم الرئيسية!

To download from my site: renpy-6.16.1-sdk_ARABIC.zip
To download from Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?9dkygsl8krqa7vd
To download from here: See attachment
Attachments
renpy-6.16.1-sdk_ARABIC.zip
(34.46 MiB) Downloaded 87 times

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations
Discord: xavimat

Re: [Announcement] Arabic Ren'Py 6.16 باللغه العربية

#2 Post by xavimat »

Great work.
I'd comment some issues about the template, if you don't mind.

1. Be careful not to set manually the variable _preferences.language (It should be treated as a read-only variable). You could achieve what you want with config.default_language = "arabic" instead (and don't need the persistent variable, because it's used only the first time the game starts).
2. Also, you have set the None language as "English", but the text in script.rpy is in Arabic (if you select "English" in preferences, you get the Arabic text in the game). Better set the None language as Arabic (then you don't need the config.default_language thing), and add an English translation of the script.rpy.
How to do this:
- Change the word "arabic" in your translation files to "None" (also the name of the folder "arabic" to "None"; this is not necessary, but makes things easier when renpy updates).
- Delete the "_preferences.language" code in script.rpy (it's not needed).
- Change the language selector in screens.rpy: Arabic -> Language(None); English -> Language("english").
- Add an English translation of the script (not really required, because this text will be changed by the game-developer).
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)

renoa-heartilly
Regular
Completed: مقهى الضائعون, Arabic Translations for Ren'py, Pretty Please
Projects: حور, BB project, dentist drama
Organization: stanza studio (creative circle)

Re: [Announcement] Arabic Ren'Py 6.16 باللغه العربية

#3 Post by renoa-heartilly »

xavimat wrote:Great work.
I'd comment some issues about the template, if you don't mind.

1. Be careful not to set manually the variable _preferences.language (It should be treated as a read-only variable). You could achieve what you want with config.default_language = "arabic" instead (and don't need the persistent variable, because it's used only the first time the game starts).
2. Also, you have set the None language as "English", but the text in script.rpy is in Arabic (if you select "English" in preferences, you get the Arabic text in the game). Better set the None language as Arabic (then you don't need the config.default_language thing), and add an English translation of the script.rpy.
How to do this:
- Change the word "arabic" in your translation files to "None" (also the name of the folder "arabic" to "None"; this is not necessary, but makes things easier when renpy updates).
- Delete the "_preferences.language" code in script.rpy (it's not needed).
- Change the language selector in screens.rpy: Arabic -> Language(None); English -> Language("english").
- Add an English translation of the script (not really required, because this text will be changed by the game-developer).
thank you for your constructive comment :D
I admit i'm not a programmer, so i had to look at the Japanese translation and hope to mimic that into the other language (arabic) some things worked, some things didn't :oops:
most of the coded changes to the script were given to me by awesome users here for previous versions, i guess things go obsolete very quickly in a growing program like renpy :oops: