█████▓▒░ UNCLE MUGEN'S FREE VN (OELVN) RESOURCES ░▒▓█████

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
DeletedUser160413

Re: █████▓▒░ UNCLE MUGEN'S FREE VN (OELVN) RESOURCES ░▒▓████

#271 Post by DeletedUser160413 »

Uncle Mugen, can I make a request if you aren't busy sometime in the future? I was thinking an office. First an office with a couple of desks and computers, and then a bg of a single computer. Something like these two:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NsnOMhBU5mM/UZ5TPf-kMJI/AAAAAAAAFUA/CoX8HqqnIJg/s1600/Screenshot_2013-05-22-22-07-01.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-v2eEQMoRotU/UZ5TQI8P-hI/AAAAAAAAFUI/naSBT2EBEOU/s1600/Screenshot_2013-05-22-22-09-36.png

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#272 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Very lovely school backgrounds! Thank you for providing them!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#273 Post by noeinan »

muniiam wrote:Uncle Mugen, can I make a request if you aren't busy sometime in the future? I was thinking an office. First an office with a couple of desks and computers, and then a bg of a single computer. Something like these two:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NsnOMhBU5mM/U ... -07-01.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-v2eEQMoRotU/U ... -09-36.png
Do the computers need to be iMacs, like in the screenshots? Just curious as most offices use Windows machines unless it's a graphical design department or somesuch.

DeletedUser160413

#274 Post by DeletedUser160413 »

daikiraikimi wrote:
muniiam wrote:Uncle Mugen, can I make a request if you aren't busy sometime in the future? I was thinking an office. First an office with a couple of desks and computers, and then a bg of a single computer. Something like these two:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NsnOMhBU5mM/U ... -07-01.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-v2eEQMoRotU/U ... -09-36.png
Do the computers need to be iMacs, like in the screenshots? Just curious as most offices use Windows machines unless it's a graphical design department or somesuch.
No, they dont have to be iMacs. They can be regular computers or even laptops. I'm basically looking for the office theme and a closeup of a computer.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#275 Post by mugenjohncel »

Studio Mugenjohncel's Cheap and Quick Backgrounds for the too lazy to draw R&D Team has made a BREAKTHROUGH!!!

By stealing borrowing a well known Photoshop script that will turn Photos into Backgrounds suitable for OELVN use and tweaking it a bit for my own selfish and evil purposes and combine them in my current but constantly tweaked workflow. But for now the question is?...

Does this BG looked hand drawn enough?

"POOF" (Disappears)
Attachments
this_better_be_good_because_the_render_time_for_this_bg_is_horrendous_despite_having_a_render_farm.jpg

DeletedUser160413

#276 Post by DeletedUser160413 »

mugenjohncel wrote:Studio Mugenjohncel's Cheap and Quick Backgrounds for the too lazy to draw R&D Team has made a BREAKTHROUGH!!!

By stealing borrowing a well known Photoshop script that will turn Photos into Backgrounds suitable for OELVN use and tweaking it a bit for my own selfish and evil purposes and combine them in my current but constantly tweaked workflow. But for now the question is?...

Does this BG looked hand drawn enough?

"POOF" (Disappears)
Looks even better than hand drawn to me. I think I'll use this heheh thanks :p

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#277 Post by Sharm »

That looks awesome! I want to know what this process is so I can repeat it for my own use. :D
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#278 Post by noeinan »

I agree! I am a Photoshop user who has no knowledge of this well-known Photoshop script!

ayassiveire
Organization: YunaPro

#279 Post by ayassiveire »

Hi Uncle Mugen~! I really love your works! Do you mind if I ask for a request? I was hoping could do a music room like the one in the photo:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... m_2011.JPG

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#280 Post by mugenjohncel »

Requests will have to wait for a bit... I'm currently playing with this preset and see how far I can take this before breaking down :)
Filename literally translates to...<br /><br />&quot;WOHOO!!! There's a storm again! NO CLASSES TODAY!!!&quot;
Filename literally translates to...

"WOHOO!!! There's a storm again! NO CLASSES TODAY!!!"
For now... a rainy day variation...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran

#281 Post by Sharm »

*drools*

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#282 Post by mugenjohncel »

childrens_park_day.jpg
childrens_park_evening.jpg
childrens_park_night.jpg
"POOF" (Disappears)

15nick
Regular

#283 Post by 15nick »

Wow, I think you nailed it. The only thing I can see that gives away it's a 3d model background for the playground is how textured the ground is and that weird blackish line on the rightmost slide. And that's probably only because you said it was Sketchup that I caught it. The school bicycle one is perfect.

I also think the yellow is a little too bright for the playground for the hand drawn look but that's probably just my opinion.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#284 Post by mugenjohncel »

OK, I know some of you will probably gonna question my latest upload starting with "This BG again?"

Yes, this is the same BG scene I've been using to test new things/stuff that I have learned and as time goes by, this particular scene slowly changed and evolved to it's now current look. it's nearly 2 years since the first time I first used Sketchup to start doing BG's for OELVN use and jeepers! Two years was such a long time. I need to reflect back and see how far my skills have improved from this ugly BG...

And then a long process in between...
http://i.imgur.com/gSEEvTx.jpg < LARGER VERSION PREVIEW

To this beautiful thing over here...

Right now I'm contemplating and thinking really hard and long if I'm going to make a tutorial for this. Three basic steps and two hours! That's as low and as quick as I can get to create original BG's using sketchup. This is as far as I can go. Beyond that and I will either increase the complexity of the steps, increase effort or increase the time it takes to create BG... My method is pretty much the lazy man's dream come true and as far as I'm concerned, this is the end of the road for this little adventure of mine. And then this overwhelming sadness suddenly hits me out of nowhere and I begin to ask...

If I released my method and scripts in one easy to follow tutorial... people will now be able to create their nice BG's just the way Uncle Mugen does. When that happens... will you still need Uncle Mugen?

Anyway, here's the full sized BG's with time of day variations...
street_redux_day.jpg
street_redux_evening.jpg
street_redux_night.jpg
As Doge would say

Much Sketchup

So Render

Wow!

"POOF" (Disappears)

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran

#285 Post by Sharm »

We'll always need you Uncle Mugen! If you release the process we may be able to render like you, but you should know that's not all that goes into making art. Even if it's just arranging pre-made models, there's a lot of artistry that goes into just setting up the scene, choosing the colors, and making it look cohesive. People will probably tweak the process to match their personal style too. I know I plan to. I can understand why you're worried though, I wondered myself if that was the reason why you hadn't posted the tutorial yet. I will not be offended if you choose not to share.