Taming the Wild [GxB][otome, comedy, slice of life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Yen
Projects: Taming the Wild [GxB]

Taming the Wild [GxB][otome, comedy, slice of life]

#1 Post by Yen »

Hey guys, I'm new here ; 7 ; )/
I've actually been working on this game for a while now but finally got far enough into it to post something up.
The game's a collab between a couple friends and myself...they're helping me with the story development and whatnot while art and coding is all me lol
This is the first game I've worked on and it's been a bunch of tearsandblood fun~

Updates
11.26.13 - Added a character that has possible friendship ending and edited the plot a bit with information I forgot to include.
12.19.13 - About 50% finished with secret character path.

Plot
Ran Uemura is a somewhat normal high-school girl who has lived with nothing but men her entire life. After 17 years of "torture", she finally gets a chance to move away from her testosterone-filled house and board in an all-girls school. However, once she arrives at her destination she discovers that she was instead enrolled into an all-boys school. Despite the strange mix-up the head master of the school gives her the opportunity to sit in the classes for a day in the case she would rather continue her education there instead of her old school--which, after some debating, she decides to go through with. By chance, or perhaps fate, she encounters the rumored wish-granting old woman dwelling within the abandoned zoo of the school and wakes the next day to everyone having animal ears--and it's somehow all her fault! With the blame entirely resting on her shoulders, she is forced to stay in the school and resolve the problem before senior graduation--or face the wrath of many angry beasts.

Characters

Ran Uemura
The 'man-hater' main character of this story.
A bit outspoken and friendly, she somehow finds herself the 'hostage' of an all-boys school after a single mindless wish was granted.

Chiaki Inoue
The loveable and odd younger sister of the foul-mouthed prince.
She's a friendly girl who tends to go at her own pace and loves gossip almost as much as she loves to sleep early.

Ritsuki Inoue
A princely 3rd year student with quite the royal temper.
He won't hesitate at all to spit out a foul word (or three ) if someone has upset him.

Senri Seishiro
The relaxed 2nd year who's head seems to always be in the clouds or in his arms as he naps--which he does often enough.
If he isn't sleeping in the classroom by the end of the school day, he's usually off admiring the plants around campus...and sometimes talking to them...?

Akira Shimizu
A rather feminine looking 1st year full of energy and optimism.
He hands out flirtatious remarks like candy, although most of the time it tends to sound like harassment.

Kazuma Hazare
The school doctor with plenty of attitude to go around.
He can usually be found hiding out in the Infirmary and is incredibly lazy; it's a wonder he hasn't been fired yet.

Screenshots
Title screen & Preferences screen;;;

Some dialogue about old ladies and a cg--

Features
- Play through (about) 4 months of Ran's life in an all-boy's school
- 4 obtainable guys + 1 secret path
- Total of 11 endings, 2 per guy
- 45 CGs

Progress
Script: 75%
Coding: 90%
Sprites: 100%
CG's: 75%
BG's/Music: (free resources) 100%

Other
So far I've finished all of the guys endings, just gotta do the other 3 endings and all the remaining CGs. I'll probably post a few more or so of them soon. I feel like I've put way too much info alreadyhaha

Please let me know what you all think of this game so far and if you want which guy has caught your attention xD
Any comments, advice, etc are greatly appreciated~!
Last edited by Yen on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

rufiangel
Regular

Re: Taming the Wild [GxB][otome, comedy, slice of life]

#2 Post by rufiangel »

Wow! :D I like the premise so far, that's so cute! The heroine's design is great, she seems like a strong character. And that GUI~ so cute :)

All the characters are pretty cute and intriguing - who doesn't like cold princes and dozy narcoleptics? :) And the school doctor looks hot! <3 ...Yeah, I'm leaving Akira out... (Sorry, personal preference... I'm not much for shota-con XD)

Good luck with your game, it looks like it's really coming along nicely. I'll be sure to play it whenever you're done~!
Please check out Speechless, a project on hold for the moment!
Serpamia Flare: http://www.serpamiaflare.com
The Lethian: http://www.thelethian.com
DeviantArt: http://rufiangel.deviantart.com

WriterlyCat

#3 Post by WriterlyCat »

This game sounds interesting so far and I'm looking forward to playing it once it's out! ^_^ Of all the boys so far the doctor is my favourite.

Starshine
Veteran
Completed: http://berry-melon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -2016.html
Projects: Pancake Surprise (2016)
Tumblr: http://bettybooplover.tumblr.com
Deviantart: berry-melon
Soundcloud: sweepea-1

#4 Post by Starshine »

Looks like a interesting game, i will keep tabs on this one. :lol:
http://berry-melon.blogspot.com
I'm not resting until I find
What would make your eyes
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

Boo-Boo I couldn't aspire....to anything...
Higher...than to fill that one desire to make it
My own....Bop-Bop-a-Dop-Boop-Oop-a-Doop honey?

Rousseau

#5 Post by Rousseau »

This looks like a promising game. I have to ask though, why does Akira have Sweden in his eyes?

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by gekiganwing »

Yen wrote:Ran Uemura is a somewhat normal high-school girl who has lived with nothing but men her entire life. After 17 years of "torture", she finally gets a chance to move away from her testosterone-filled house and board in an all-girls school. However, once she arrives at her destination she discovers that she was instead enrolled into an all-boys school...
It sounds like she's stuck in a place where she doesn't want to be. This could be a problem. As the Shonen Beam guys said in a recent audio discussion, if the main character doesn't want to stay where they currently are, then will the audience want to read about it?

I think this potential problem could be solved in the following ways:

* She decides to accept the call to adventure and overcome her history of bad experiences. She might need to address her own prejudices and internal conflicts.
* She finds a few guys who are relatively easy to get along with, and tries to be friends with them first.
* She talks with girls for support and advice. Maybe they live nearby, or they're women on staff, or she's known them for years, or they are in her family.

Yen

#7 Post by Yen »

@rufiangel,
ahh thank you for the support! I'm happy to know that you find the characters appealing~
and it's okay lol I don't really anticipate many people finding Akira attractive;;

@WriterlyCat,
thanks for your interest :) hehe so the doctor seems to be winning your favor eh~?

@Starshine,
thank you very much~!

@Rousseau,
sweden?? Do you mean the swedish flag? Oh gosh lol no no, that yellow part is actually supposed to be a sparkle in his eye xD

@gekiganwing,
oh I don't think I really clarified that part in the synopsis did I?;; Although she is sent to a place she wouldn't initially like, she's given an opportunity to stay at the school for a day just to determine whether it would be a much better learning center than her previous school. She does take this chance and is willing to give the place a try, but you do bring up good points it may help if I add in more about that issue. Thank you for bringing this up~ I'll go and revise the plot now lol;;

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#8 Post by kaleidofish »

Will these characters be turning more animal-like overtime? You mentioned them going beast on her in retaliation. How does the rest of society react to their sudden ears? Total horror or scientific fascination? There are some interesting themes that could be explored here, if you want to.
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#9 Post by silverpikachu99 »

This looks extremely adorable <3 Kazuma Hazare is my favourite.
i'll cry if you yell at me

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#10 Post by Kyra10 »

Oh, how cute! ^.^
I'd love to play this when it's finished~.
Hehe~. Kazuma Hazare and Senri Seishiro have caught my attention.

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#11 Post by Haze »

This looks like it'll be really cute. I wish you luck!

Like kaleidofish, though, I'm kind of curious: will everyone slowly turn into animals as time goes on? I mean, you have the main character surrounded by animals in one of the GUI screenshots, so...
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Yen

#12 Post by Yen »

@silverpikachu99 & Kyra10,
thank you guys! Glad to know the doctor is getting so much love xD

@kaleidofish & Haze,
Oh well I hadn't planned for the students to literally attack her as animals or gain animal instincts as time went on. It is an interesting idea though, I might include an ending with something like that...but so far I don't have anything like that in it right now;;

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#13 Post by Ferdokki »

I like Kazuma, Senri, and Ritsuki.
Kazuma reminds me of a math teacher at my high school (I'm not in high school anymore). The lady was INCREDIBLY lazy, and the kids always complained that she needed to get fired. XD

Seems like a great game! =D

Yen

#14 Post by Yen »

@ferdokki,
ahh it's good to see ritsuki gain some attention xD lol it's like a female live version of him;;

Ah I'm sorry for the lack of updates, things have just been kind of busy for me but I'm still working on the game I swear :oops:

here's a cg from Akira's route ; v ; I'm still currently working on the secret character path for those of you who are curious;;
Attachments
akiracg.png

Sharane
Regular

#15 Post by Sharane »

Sounds interesting, I´m looking forward to play the game :)
Akura is little creepy, he looks rather like a girl but I like the character of doctor cause he doesn´t look like a child anymore. Though it´s pity he´s lazy...
I also must say I like your logo with the shadows of animals and combination black and pink.

I´ll be watching what´s new :)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra