Artist looking for Team! (Closed)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
thefaultyartist

Artist looking for Team! (Closed)

#1 Post by thefaultyartist »

Hi there,
I'm totally new to this, so please excuse me if me if I make any mistakes or missed something.

I'm an artist, and I'm looking a co-writer to do a Crime/Mystery/Humor VN (think something like a mix of Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney but VN style). If possible, a sound person as well? I have a rough storyline thought out, but I have no talent whatsoever when it comes to programming and I need a little help building cases. [edit 3 Dec. I've found a programmer!]

I have to say that I cannot pay anyone for anything (as I'm a starving creative as well), so if you'd like to help me for free, please do contact me by either replying to this post or PM-ing me. Any help at all is appreciated! :)

Also to note:
I'm actually in my final year in college, so it may be a while (like about another half a year or so) before I can actually start work on this project, but since I'm quite enthusiastic about it now, I wanted to start head hunting first :'D

The rough story:
A spineless boy meets a ghost, and is scared into working for him. It so turns out that the ghost was a detective before he died, and the main story is a lead up to an investigation as to how he died, so the the player follows the story of the spineless teenager, who grows through this experience.

I'm still deciding whether it should have any supernatural elements in it, but this is all I have for now.

I've attached an example of my work as well.

Cheers!

[edit 6 Dec. Thank you all for your help!! I've found a co-writer and programmer!! :DDD]
Attachments
Main Character design 1
Main Character design 1
Last edited by thefaultyartist on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Suneku
Completed: Nach Innen - Prolouge

Re: Looking for Team!

#2 Post by Suneku »

Hi if you need help I can try to help you.

http://appostudios.wix.com/index

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#3 Post by Sharm »

What a cute concept! I'm an artist so I can't help, but I wish you luck in finding a team. I'd like to see this VN done.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#4 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Sounds like a fun ride :) It might also help to post what you need when it comes to programming. So just the basics? An event log, stat elements and bonus screens? I know you're still new so that might sound like gibberish but, just in case it doesn't, it'll probably help you narrow down what talent you'll need.

Good luck!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

Re: Artist looking for Team!

#5 Post by Ferdokki »

Hi!

I'd love to help with writing, if you still need a writer. And yeah, I'd do it for free. :mrgreen:
I'm a college student too, so I understand the whole thing about being busy and stuff. :wink:

I used to write thrillers and mysteries, though my mysteries usually consisted of dark issues, with the dialogue usually being humorous, so from your description of the game, it sounds like my cup of tea. :P

Let me know if I can help out. :D