Madaline's Misplaced Miscellany 2.0! ~ A Hidden Object Game

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Madaline's Misplaced Miscellany ~ A Hidden Object Game

#46 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

This game is this week's Group Play! http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 53&t=16675

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#47 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:This game is this week's Group Play! http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 53&t=16675
Eep!
-- Thank you for letting me know. (Now to find a convenient corner so I can go die of embarrassment...)
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

jcoil
Projects: Dark Deeds - Awakening (will take some time)

#48 Post by jcoil »

I really enjoyed this title :o) The graphics are really well done, everything mixes up perfectly. The plot itself is simple but extremely entertaining!

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#49 Post by OokamiKasumi »

jcoil wrote:I really enjoyed this title :o) The graphics are really well done, everything mixes up perfectly. The plot itself is simple but extremely entertaining!
Oh wow, thank you so much!
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Madaline's Misplaced Miscellany 2.0! ~ A Hidden Object G

#50 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Now in Widescreen!

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#51 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I finally got a chance to play this game, I had been wanting to for awhile but AVG kept like... deleting it lol. Now it doesn't anymore. Must say, it was beautiful. Short but sweet, very fun. I love Hidden Object games, so to see it utilized in Ren'Py was magnificent, and THE GRAPHICS OHMYGOSH this was beautiful!
I loved the cute little ending when you find out Madeline was looking for her cat and they were both ghosts, did not expect that!
I want to try making a Hidden Objects game myself at some point, the code looks a bit intimidating (or not so much intimidating as it is tedious), but hey... gotta learn if I wanna be a better game dev!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#52 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Kokoro Hane wrote:I finally got a chance to play this game, I had been wanting to for awhile but AVG kept like... deleting it lol. Now it doesn't anymore.
AVG kept doing the same to me, and I made the game! LOL!
Kokoro Hane wrote:Must say, it was beautiful. Short but sweet, very fun. I love Hidden Object games, so to see it utilized in Ren'Py was magnificent, and THE GRAPHICS OHMYGOSH this was beautiful!
I loved the cute little ending when you find out Madeline was looking for her cat and they were both ghosts, did not expect that!
I'm so glad you liked my game!
-- I love hidden-object games too, which is why I jumped on the code as soon as SusanTheCat made the basic code available. The difference was, I already had most of the graphics done. I'm a Photoshop addict, and I'd gotten it into my head to make pretty cut/paste rooms over a year earlier. With SusanTheCat's code, I suddenly had a use for all those rooms I'd created, especially since I still had all the PS files for all those rooms--and their decorations.
Kokoro Hane wrote:I want to try making a Hidden Objects game myself at some point, the code looks a bit intimidating (or not so much intimidating as it is tedious), but hey... gotta learn if I wanna be a better game dev!
Suggestion?
-- Before you try to tackle the code, make at least three rooms with the objects all on their own layers. This will make it a hell of a lot easier to play with the code later. If you already have the rooms made, it makes putting the game together a lot easier.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#53 Post by Kokoro Hane »

OokamiKasumi wrote:
Kokoro Hane wrote:I want to try making a Hidden Objects game myself at some point, the code looks a bit intimidating (or not so much intimidating as it is tedious), but hey... gotta learn if I wanna be a better game dev!
Suggestion?
-- Before you try to tackle the code, make at least three rooms with the objects all on their own layers. This will make it a hell of a lot easier to play with the code later. If you already have the rooms made, it makes putting the game together a lot easier.
Mm, I will keep that in mind then! I was actually thinking of doing that, images should always come first rather than throw a bunch of stuff and hope it works lol!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#54 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Kokoro Hane wrote:Mm, I will keep that in mind then! I was actually thinking of doing that, images should always come first rather than throw a bunch of stuff and hope it works lol!
I've found that it's much easier to look for errors if you have at least three rooms to work with. Also, making the individual rooms is the most time-consuming part of the game's creation. Best to get that part over with early.

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#55 Post by ebi-hime »

Ooh, this was a really beautiful game o:
The art was so pretty - especially the rooms and all the individual objects! It seems like a lot of time and effort was put into this o'A'o
If it was a bit longer I would even say it could be a commercial product, it's so pretty and polished u_u

It wasn't too tricky (except all the butterflies... also, I didn't know what all of the things I was meant to look for were lol, and sometimes you were only given a vague hint at what to look for rather than the name of the actual object), but I kind of prefer that since searching for objects never become too frustrating...
It was just the right amount of time to appreciate all the rooms and different objects in them.

The music was also nice and fit the mood, and the short story connecting everything together was sweet.

I liked it a lot! u///u
I should read your other stuff now...
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆