Project Dream Chasers (need music/musician/s)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Project Dream Chasers (need music/musician/s)

#1 Post by lordcloudx »

First of all, this little side-project will in no way affect my capacity to participate in any prior engagements I might have contracted. :wink:

I've been fine going solo so far with some minimal help from my group, but I'd like to try leading a real team for once. This story was never meant to be a visual novel, but a dream (literally) I had told me this would look great in the VN medium.

Watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Y45BSTAXM

(The drawings used here are just very quick sketches and are in no way indicative of the art quality which will be in the final product.)

Brief Description: Single path visual novel with choices. (How I will pull this off is reserved to any possible team members)

If that teaser got your attention, I'll be needing:

-1 programmer (Anyone who can use ren'py to make a stat-based dating sim will do fine coz I'm too lazy to try and figure stuff out by myself)
-1 background artist (Yes, I can do this myself, but I'm too lazy for that. This game will rely very heavily on the backgrounds. Anyone who has some knowledge of perspective and can draw two 3D buildings on one picture that don't look strange will do.)
-1 proofreader (What I don't want, is someone who will tell me "ZOMG u can't rite! Read this, read that. Do this, do that." I just need someone to correct any typos, or to tell me where I switched from past to present tense halfway etc. Just basic copy-editing.)
-1 musician (hopefully anyway)

I'm hoping to get the programmer and background artist at least to make things easier since I feel unusually lazy after writing a story.

Full credits in the game to you, your sister, and your dog for anyone who might volunteer of course.

Also, I already have a clear vision of what the final product will look like, although I'm still open to suggestions. Thus, in this project, what I say goes, and what I don't like also goes. (right out the window)

PM me for more details if interested or reply to this thread.
Last edited by lordcloudx on Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

denzil
Veteran

#2 Post by denzil »

I can do the programming for you. Though it may take a while to get dust off my Ren'Py skills as I haven't done anything more complicated than a scene statement in it for a while.
Practice makes purrrfect.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by lordcloudx »

Oooh 1 taker!
Do you want me to pm you with the details of the project?
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

denzil
Veteran

#4 Post by denzil »

lordcloudx wrote:Oooh 1 taker!
Do you want me to pm you with the details of the project?
Yes please.
Practice makes purrrfect.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by lordcloudx »

Update:

Programmer - denzil
Background Artist - none yet
Musician - none yet
Character Artist - Me!
Proofreader - none yet
:twisted:

Mihel
Regular
Projects: Foxtaile, Dream Chasers, Wedding Vows

#6 Post by Mihel »

What sort of music are you be looking for?
Will you stay here for a while, dear, 'til the radio plays something familiar?

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by lordcloudx »

Anything that the musician feels would fit the story. It's serious but rpg-ish. So stuff that would fit a standard console jrpg will do.

My own preferences would be moody music with a lot of emphasis on strings and piano and minimal use of percussion (unless it works).

absinthe
Regular

#8 Post by absinthe »

I can proofread! I'm even pretty good at it, or so I've been told.

For music, by the way, I have some great CC-licensed pieces I can point you to that sound like they'd fit the bill. Unless you want to go entirely original, which is even cooler.
My 2007 NaNo entry: Eidolon

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by lordcloudx »

absinthe: offer accepted. pm on its way. For the music, I'd prefer some original ones, so I'll wait a little longer.

Update 2:

Programmer - denzil
Background Artist - none yet (looks like I'm gonna have to appoint myself for this job)
Musician - none yet
Character Artist - Me!
Proofreader - absinthe

Mihel
Regular
Projects: Foxtaile, Dream Chasers, Wedding Vows

#10 Post by Mihel »

Ooh, strings and piano, my favorite :P

Anyways, here's a little something I whipped up. It's more written for the trailer than for the actual game itself. I don't know if it's too epic or anything, but it's worth a shot, ne?

(EDIT: Got onto the right computer and made it OGG instead of shitty mp3)
Attachments
trailer.txt
UPDATED: Rename to .OGG to play!
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
Will you stay here for a while, dear, 'til the radio plays something familiar?

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#11 Post by lordcloudx »

New version of the promo vid with music by Mihel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VrEiax6LoY

Programmer - denzil
Background Artist - none yet (looks like I'm gonna have to appoint myself for this job)
Musician - Mihel
Character Artist - Me!
Proofreader - none yet

Thanks to everyone who volunteered. One thing I can assure all of you is that I work fast and that this will not turn into a dead project unless I am incapacitated by death, insanity, or civil inter... let's skip that one.

little update: absinthe has politely dropped out of this project. Now recruiting one proofreader and one background artist (although I'm currently drawing the backgrounds myself.)

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#12 Post by Sailor Kitty »

I couls proofread for spelling errors and story.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by lordcloudx »

Actually, I need more of a grammar and style checker. Spelling errors can be checked through ms word. I'll pm you the script if you're interested

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#14 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Yep, I'll take it.

PM me!
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by lordcloudx »

PM sent.