Still can't get it right >.<

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Meiting_98
Regular
Projects: Neutralizing You
Organization: Ninja Vault

Still can't get it right >.<

#1 Post by Meiting_98 »

Hi, can anyone give me feedbacks for my arts (one of them isn't much different from my art before). I really can't draw faces well >.<
Attachments
rsz_dscf6743.jpg
smaller size.png

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

Re: Still can't get it right >.<

#2 Post by Desu_Cake »

I'll concentrate on the coloured girl for the moment.
The first thing that jumps out at me is that her arms are too short. If her wrists and hands are supposed to be showing beneath her sleeves and you just haven't drawn them yet, that's fine, but if her sleeves are meant to be covering her hands, then it's too short.
Secondly, her torso is too broad, it's about as wide as it should be if you were drawing her facing the viewer, despite being in a 3/4 view.
Finally, I don't understand her clothes, her top in particular. It looks like it comes equipped with a handy shelf.

I like the details in her belt, and the hair looks nice and flowy, can't really judge her face, since it isn't there, her clothes could do with some more flow though.

JinxedTarotCard

#3 Post by JinxedTarotCard »

It looks like you're trying to hide the hands and feet on both of them. Don't be afraid to draw things you're not good at. How else are you gonna get better at them?

As for the faces, they look kind of generic. I suggest getting a reference picture of a real face and the try to simplify the features while still having it look like the person.

The fold on the first girl's clothes are done nicely, but the folds on the second girl's dress are kind of confusing. They seem a little too curvy for her to just be standing there. Try putting on a skirt/dress/sheet yourself and see how the fabric folds when you wear it.

Last thing! Here's a quick way to check the proportions of a character's arms: The elbow usually lines up around the bottom of the ribcage and the forearm is usually as long as your foot.

Hope this helps!

Meiting_98
Regular
Projects: Neutralizing You
Organization: Ninja Vault

#4 Post by Meiting_98 »

Thanks for both your comments. I'll try to make it looks better :D