Sunrider: Looking for Female Voice Talents

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Sunrider: Looking for Female Voice Talents

#1 Post by Samu-kun »

Love in Space is currently seeking female voice talents for its visual novel/RPG, Sunrider.

Sunrider is a massive space opera featuring a galaxy spanning adventure, and a huge cast of female characters who pilot their unique mechs.

Description of work: You will voice approximately 30-60 lines per character. Estimated total time for the work is one to three hours. You will be primarily working with Mike Salyer, our voice acting director, and maybe Steve Green, our sound engineer.
Fee: $150

Procedure: Please record the audition lines for the character you want to be cast as and send them to Mike Salyer at salyermike@gmail.com. You are welcome to audition for multiple characters. Please give us three takes of each line. Please confirm on this thread that you've sent the recordings, to make sure we don't lose them over the Internet.

Ava Crescentia is the first officer on board the Sunrider. She served as an older sister figure to the captain when he was in high school. The captain still highly respects her. Ava might have more power than the captain himself. She constantly chastises the captain for slacking off and not getting enough work done. She’s cool, confident, mature, and always in command. European accent of your choice optional.

"At your command."
"The Sunrider is at your disposal, captain."
"Yes, captain?"
"Targeting solution acquired. The enemy is in sight. FIRE!"
“Hard to port!”

Asaga’s an overly energetic girl who always dreams about big adventures and heroics. She’s a bit naïve and has an overly optimistic outlook on life. She’s never really matured and generally overlooks her responsibilities. Overly enthusiastic, happy, and acts like a child.

"What're we gonna do now?"
"I hear ya loud and clear!"
"Ready to roll!"
"Charging talons! I’ma firin’ mah lasers!"
“All for one, and one for all!”

Cosette is a vicious space pirate with a penchant for using excessive violence. Has serious yandere tendencies. Might not be sane. She looks like a little girl, but can kill men three times bigger than her with a smile.
She can optionally join your team, in which case she either remains crazy, or warms up - only a little bit though.

"Heh heh... You've got some guts going up against me! Eat this!"
"Get outta my face!"
"I'll tear you into pieces!"
“I don’t play by the rules… I’m a pirate!”
"Hahaha... AHHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Chigara is the shiest of the girls, but perhaps the bravest. She has a small prescience and eagerly seeks the captain’s attention. She’s a genius with technology and has savant level intelligence, but is a tech dork. Absent minded. She’s quiet and has her head constantly in the clouds. Despite her lack of presence, she believes in the captain the most out of all the girls and would do anything to protect the ship. European accent of your choice optional.

“O-oh! You were there, captain?”
“I’ll… protect all of you!”
“Do you need something scanned, captain?”
“Nothing will get through!”
“A-ah… I missed.”

A cold assassin who handles the dirty business of the galaxy. She entered the harsh life of piracy, then contract killing, when she was orphaned as a girl. She’s strictly business all the time and handles her contracts like a professional. Deep inside though, she wants to be a girl and longs for the childhood she didn’t have. Has severe tsundere tendencies. She generally looks down upon the captain, but in secret, regards him with much respect.

“I’m here.”
“Phoenix, awaiting orders.”
“S-seriously, i-it’s not like I like you or anything!”
“Eliminating targets!”
“Hiiyah!” (Using a melee attack on an enemy)

A total ditz and a mess of a doctor. The only reason she’s on the ship might be because she wants to get into the captain’s pants. A flirt. Scatterbrained. Nobody knows how she became a doctor because she seems utterly incompetent. Is well aware of her own incompetence, and prone to moments of glooming in a corner by herself. However, she has incredibly good luck and things just seem to go her way at the right times.

“Oh captain, command me!”
“Uuu, it’s me Claude, good for nothing but fan service… I’ll… just go cry in a corner now.”
“Ah-hah, lucky me!”
“Captain, for you, I could do such much more…”
“W-why is my monitor all red? H-help!”

A silent girl of few words. Dandere. Look Yuki Nagato, Rei Ayanami. Sniper. Straight forward.

“Captain.”
“Target lock. Neutralizing.”
“Status green.”
“Enemy eliminated.”
“Negative hit.”

A lieutenant in the Alliance fleet. Very clean cut. Likes to do everything by the book. Fiercely proud of her nation and eager to defend it’s every action. Overly naïve about her country. Acts like a choir boy. Boyish in both voice and appearance. American Southern accent optional.

“Lieutenant Kryska Stares reporting for duty sir.”
“Awaiting orders, sir.”
“Yes sir.”
“I’ll show you the might of the Solar Alliance!”
“Firing ordinance.”
Last edited by Samu-kun on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ephanie

Re: Sunrider: Looking for Female Voice Talents

#2 Post by Ephanie »

I sent my audition under my name "Stephanie Williams"!

Pearlene

#4 Post by Pearlene »

I sent you a request for claude on gmail if thats alright ^_^

doSwitch

#5 Post by doSwitch »

Audition sent under "Lilith Spencer"!

Also, is there a deadline?

Samantha Chan
Regular
Projects: Project Dualis; ACE Academy; One Leaf Clover; Seduce Me; Maid with Perfection; Cafe Memoria; Asagao Academy; The Reject Demon: Toko

#6 Post by Samantha Chan »

Will send something as soon as I get better ! I was also wondering the same thing as doSwitch.
Voice Actress // Writer
Youtube | Resume

tnm6
Regular
Projects: Among the Distant Stars, Stained with Magic, The Remembrance Trilogy: Reminiscence
Organization: Anansi Media

#7 Post by tnm6 »

Adoxographist wrote:Audition sent from Adoxographist!
Samantha Chan wrote:Will send something as soon as I get better ! I was also wondering the same thing as doSwitch.
Oh man, two amazing voice actresses already want to audition! I can already imagine how great the voice talent will be for this game (which I am super excited to play).

Congrats on your KS by the way! :)

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#8 Post by Samu-kun »

Note: I may be the project director, but I don't make day to day decisions about voice acting. (Which is good, since I'm not so good with keeping track of cast members and the people actually in charge of this know what they're doing. =w=) So I don't really know when the deadline is, heh. Mike hasn't been around today, so I haven't found out yet.

Trina
Regular
Projects: Acidic, All The Pretty Flowers, Evolved: Codex Wars, Cafe Memoria, Yggdrasil, Yin/Yang
Tumblr: @TrinaDeuhart

#9 Post by Trina »

I will definitely send something in, I saw this game on a website before and I am really interested.

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#10 Post by pickle131 »

If it's only 30-60 lines I should be able to send something in! (On another post regarding this I saw something about 1000+, which would be difficult for my schedule. Would it perhaps be 30-60 lines periodically?) I also mentioned this to a friend who's very interested so she may send something in as well.
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#11 Post by Samu-kun »

pickle131 wrote:(On another post regarding this I saw something about 1000+, which would be difficult for my schedule. Would it perhaps be 30-60 lines periodically?)
Hi,
Whatever that post may have been, it is no longer accurate. The entire job will be 30-60 lines. I think it'll just be a one time thing, as long as nothing goes wrong. For the audition, you just need to repeat the five lines three times for whichever character(s) you want.

pickle131
Veteran

#12 Post by pickle131 »

Samu-kun wrote:
pickle131 wrote:(On another post regarding this I saw something about 1000+, which would be difficult for my schedule. Would it perhaps be 30-60 lines periodically?)
Hi,
Whatever that post may have been, it is no longer accurate. The entire job will be 30-60 lines. I think it'll just be a one time thing, as long as nothing goes wrong. For the audition, you just need to repeat the five lines three times for whichever character(s) you want.
Perfect! As soon as I'm caught up with my current projects I'll send something in.

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#13 Post by Samu-kun »

Hi guys, so I spoke with Mike a bit.

It seems like all the auditions we've received so far have a high degree of background noise, poor compression, or microphone quality. Please record your audition using exactly the same equipment and sound room you will use to record lines for the actual game, and please do not over compress the audio file. We have a sound engineer, but obviously we want to have the highest recording quality.

Since I didn't explicitly mention this, if you have a better microphone, a better recording room, or if you just compressed your file too much, please resend a higher quality recording if you are interested. Thanks. :)

pickle131
Veteran

#14 Post by pickle131 »

Had a few minutes today to fit in something small, so I recorded two auditions for now C: Sent them along~

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#15 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Hmm, I might try out for this! I am guessing the lines are for the battle sequences, which will not contain any of the 18+ content?
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"