Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

Re: Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

#271 Post by Haze »

Got 4th place in my first chess tournament ever. If that doesn't sound very good, let me say that I didn't think I would place at all, but I did! Yay! :D
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

FlawedFlare
Regular
Projects: [Without Your Half],[ Underground], Unidentified Shallow Heart

#272 Post by FlawedFlare »

After my computer broke, I finally got a new one. Pretty soon I'm planning to be a little more productive on my VN. I'm still fighting procrastination and such, but I won't let that stop me!

Other than that, I got nominated to travel to either Dominican Republic or Nicaragua over the summer. And I'm eligible to attend a field trip to Latino museums for my Spanish classes! I'm hoping to go, assuming that I can cough up the money.

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#273 Post by RunicV »

This is more of a mixed-bag sort of happiness. I've started playing an MMORPG called La Tale and it's a timesink, but!

My friend and I are playing it together as a pair~ :lol: She suggested the idea, and we went around hunting for a good MMORPG. We almost chose Conan. ._. Since we were both going to make our characters at the same time and all, I suggested we make them match in username. Then since our username had the theme of black and white, we had the idea to make even our classes and customization match.

Bad and good, offensive and defensive, black and white, dark and light. We chose opposite genders because there's a dating and marriage option in-game. She went as a male and chose all the dark-coloured customization, while I went as a female and chose all the light-coloured stuff.

I thought it was really funny~ The way we play it is really teamwork-based. Straight away at the start of the game, our characters started dating and joined the same party. We received a couples' buff, and then went straight to hacking away at monsters. We would wait for each other and when we fought swarms of monsters, we would have to sit down to heal. One of us would sit, and the other would attack the monsters to let the other heal in peace. We also share loot -- if there's any armor we find, or any weapon that we can't use, we would give it to the other. The two of us also buy weapons and armor for each other, and if either of us needs money, we'll give it to the other. We also try to keep our levels the same, and if one person is fighting a quest that the other has already done, we either sit nearby to help if needed, or fight along with them.

It really makes me happy to work with a teammate selflessly, even if it's just in-game. All my previous parties or friends weren't as coordinated/kind -- they wouldn't really share armor or give out money, and would go ahead and leave each other behind. While I suppose that's good in its own way, I'm very happy that I decided to play this MMORPG with her. :D

Happiness is going on suicide missions and having someone to watch your back.

<3
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#274 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

PERSONA 5 ON PS3
PERSONA 5 ON PS3
PERSONA 5 ON PS3

I CAN FINALLY DIE NOW
BYE

Armee
Veteran

#275 Post by Armee »

WAIT
WHAT
MY LAPTOP IS BACK
YES TIME FOR WORK
THEN GAME
THEN DRAWING
THEN...dang it.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#276 Post by LVUER »

nero279 wrote:PERSONA 5 ON PS3
PERSONA 5 ON PS3
PERSONA 5 ON PS3

I CAN FINALLY DIE NOW
BYE
But if you die now, you can't play Persona 5 when it's released...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#277 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

LVUER wrote:
nero279 wrote:PERSONA 5 ON PS3
PERSONA 5 ON PS3
PERSONA 5 ON PS3

I CAN FINALLY DIE NOW
BYE
But if you die now, you can't play Persona 5 when it's released...
Which is why I immediately took it back and pray that I live longer for both Persona and Kingdom Hearts 3. So many games are coming out yet I have no money so somehow dying seems better if that's what it takes to stop these needs :'D

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#278 Post by Didules »

Today, I feel proud of myself: on another website I decided to carry several ideas some people had to the admin's ears, and for now it seems to have good critiques! To make it possible, I had to contact several authors from manga, and they were really nice, helped me a lot to develop the ideas!
Even though I'm scared that the ideas I put on the website will start a debate (on another subject, and I hate out of topic debates), I'll do everything to defend our ideas!
So I feel simply happy, to have such nice people around me! :)

CSJ
Regular

#279 Post by CSJ »

I destroyed mugenjoncel's tank in the back while he was noob rushing for a vid today. :3

Armee
Veteran

#280 Post by Armee »

I have a new idea for our team! Create calender for the new year eve! (Pffff it was the half-nude boys calender at first...)
If anyone can, please vote at poll.pollcode.com/2448995 or retweet it from my Twitter to help us!
Share and repost alike!

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#281 Post by Caveat Lector »

Exams are over~! :D :D :D :D
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#282 Post by mugenjohncel »

To those who commissioned me for BG's from December 15 to 19... (yes, all four of you) THEY'RE FREE!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

And uh... sorry, I Uncle Mugen only accepts Western Union... no Paypal please...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Edit:
CSJ wrote:I destroyed mugenjoncel's tank in the back while he was noob rushing for a vid today. :3
GODDAMIT! So it was you who blew up my tank while we were recording filler footage for a lulzy noob rush run video for our "OTHER" youtube channel... :mrgreen:

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#283 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I PASSED AT UP. YES. I PASSED AT UP DILIMAN.
THAT COLLEGE EVERYONE IS ITCHING TO GET IN TO.

I AM A HAPPY BEE.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#284 Post by SilverxBlue »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:I PASSED AT UP. YES. I PASSED AT UP DILIMAN.
THAT COLLEGE EVERYONE IS ITCHING TO GET IN TO.

I AM A HAPPY BEE.
Oh wow... Congrats~! *-*

No, really... I'm so happy for you. It's really hard to pass there and the excessive deep Tagalog in the exams gave me a headache. XD
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#285 Post by Caveat Lector »

Merry Christmas! :D
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete