What is your favourite dere type?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

Re: What is your favourite dere type?

#61 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Head_Phones wrote:
silverpikachu99 wrote:
Head_Phones wrote:
(sheds a tear)

(places hand on your shoulder)

I am glad I found you today, soulmate
*wipes your tears away and nods head*
I feel the same buddy.
i'll cry if you yell at me

Head_Phones
Regular
Projects: Clichéd

#62 Post by Head_Phones »

silverpikachu99 wrote: *wipes your tears away and nods head*
I feel the same buddy.
We should get married or something.

Despite how we're probably both females.

Too soon?
'You may be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater'
~Austin Powers

Profile pic drawn by the wonderful akemicchi

|| Honest Critique ||

Armee
Veteran

#63 Post by Armee »

I don't even know why I got a Tsundere and Loli/Shota result.
I guess I'm Himedere then, hahaha...
Personally, I would stay away from Yandere, male or female. Especially, female. Since I never seen anyone as scary as Yuno or the yandere cast from School Day...I hope I will never meet them in real life. About tsundere, wow, they will sound so annoying if I meet them in real life. I will make a joke that they are on period because they have these mood-swing like people on period. And, it's fun to tease them so yeah, they are not all bad. Anyway, let's change topic. About Dandere...I don't have any opinion actually, they don't give a big impression in me. And Kuudere...they are not real for my life ._. I never have experience around a stoic person. And for Loli/Shota, I love loli because they look so cute with that big eyes and all the cute actions but for Shota, ehm, they are, quite girly. No, boys these days are different. -sweat drops-
So in the end, my favorite are tsundere then it's loli. Because well, my favorite female characters are mostly tsundere and loli I guess. Wait, I'm in love with myself...#selfcest

Lyyli
Regular

#64 Post by Lyyli »

Yandere and Dandere for me!
Meep.

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#65 Post by Omnificent »

I love me a well-done yandere (usually female, because male yandere's almost never done right) but I'd never in a million years date or associate with one IRL.

As far as "attractive type", uh... none of these. I prefer "genki", which I guess is closest to deredere? Who knows. I do have someone I tease about being a tsundere though.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#66 Post by noeinan »

Kuudere are my favorite, though I am also a fan of Dandere. I like Yandere characters in horror, but I don't necessarily like them as a love interest in a story. I just think it's great for psychological stories... Twisted love is just... Great.

Personally, I dislike tsundere and deredere (where the definition for deredere is someone who falls in love at first sight and proceeds to be lovey dovey throughout the series.) In a good work, I can appreciate a tsundere. (And I guess you could say I can appreciate the traditional tsundere more than the modern ones.) Modern tsundere just make me think "wow, what a bitch!" and also reminds me of abusive relationship dynamics. Like, it's okay to be horrible and abusive to your lover as long as you like them?

For me the difference between tsundere and yandere is that people always say tsundere are "good people" or "good bf/gf"-- but no one is pretending that yandere are healthy or desirous individuals.

Deredere I don't like because I hate "love at first sight" in general. It's so unrealistic, that I feel it's hard to see them as a character.

Kimitsuzue
Tumblr: kimitsuzue

#67 Post by Kimitsuzue »

I love Yandere, for the most part but I appreciate a good Tsundere character now and then too~ I think for Tsundere I mainly prefer that the character be horribly embarrassed when they're being dere for me to really have fun with that character, haha!

I have to agree with daikiraikimi on Deredere though--I'm not a huge fan of everything being so lovey-dovey quite so easily. >__<
I'm currently CLOSED for commissions!

Portfolio: http://kimitsuzue.carbonmade.com
Commission Thread: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 62&t=32254

Art Blog: http://kimitsuzue.tumblr.com

Juneberry
Regular
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Deadly Heart

#68 Post by Juneberry »

I love tsundere characters, but I tend to appreciate most different types equally. Though...I admit I'm also a bit meh with Deredere.

Also, took that test people were talking about...

Loli/Shota : 10
Tsundere : 7
Yandere : 7
Kuudere : 6
Dandere: 9

Okay, so I'm not super surprised by the Loli part. I mean, I've always been small and most people still can't tell I'm an adult. Buut...I'm somewhat scared that I got high marks for Tsundere and Yandere alike o.o;

Ispheria
Regular
Projects: TruEndings

#69 Post by Ispheria »

Tsundere and Dandere to answer the topic.

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#70 Post by Chasing Summer »

Tsundere’s are the best in my opinion... although I sometimes get annoyed if they’re too cliché. c:

I also like characters who have a hint of yandere. Preferably males, but female yanderes are somewhat entertaining, too. If they’re fully yandere, I want a reason. And no, “because they’re hot” is not a good explanation for their behavior. -.-

Rosstin2
Veteran
Completed: King's Ascent, Kitty Love
Projects: Queen At Arms, Rex Rocket
Organization: Aqualuft Games

#71 Post by Rosstin2 »

I like the tsundere archetype. Mostly ironically, though. >_>

I'm such a hipster.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#72 Post by Laiska »

According to that quiz I'm dandere... (But the typos were painful so results may be skewed)

My favourite type is probably yandere, but only because I love characters who are absolutely off their rocker. However, they still have to have some other aspect to their character to be interesting. Kuudere can be precious, but I am not especially fond of tsundere, especially those of the last several years. They all fall into a very flat range of personality, and feel generally interchangeable. There's only so much comedic value to the random and pointless abuse of hapless leads by their 'love' interests.

Sugar-Junkie
Regular
Projects: Smile for Me (WIP), Greystone Manor (hiatus)

#73 Post by Sugar-Junkie »

I love the kuudere archetype and I like the dandere a lot too. I'm not fond of the tsundere, I find most of them to be kinda annoying. As for the yandere, it mostly depends on how well it's written.

*does the test*

Loli/Shota : 3
Tsundere : 5
Yandere : 2
Kuudere : 5
Dandere : 4

OH WELL.

Crenshaw6
Regular

#74 Post by Crenshaw6 »

I never knew there were so many dere types beyond yandere, kuudere and tsundere.

Definitely a tsundere for me. Can't get enough of the blushing. I've also gradually come to love yandere, using them as a break from saccharine-sweet fluffy bishies in the shoujo manga I read.

For the first test I got dandere.

For the second test:
Loli/Shota : 9
Tsundere : 4
Yandere : 2
Kuudere : 6
Dandere : 10
...did not expect loli to be so high

angeliza
Regular
Completed: 0
Projects: 0
Organization: Currently free lancing in order to gain experience

#75 Post by angeliza »

Tsundere and koodere are nice...
...characters like that make me want to make them smile more, or strive to gain there affections.^^
I also like the quiet characters who act abit cold at times but are really just shy, or have difficulty trusting others...
...I think they're the cutest!
*like Chezem from "My Sweet Prince", or Raven from "Rune Factory 3"*

Also, I asked my friends...aparently, I'm a deredere...?
I suppose it could be due to my cheerfulness, and typically friendly, gullible nature...
...it also explains why they keep comparing me to anime characters...
XD