Sunrider [Out of date]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: Sunrider [Sci-Fi][Mecha][BxG][Bishojo][Free] < SECOND BE

#106 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I may or may not have jumped in here for the first time in a while just to congratulate you on your kickstarter!

Although it's been some time since I've seriously attempted to write, I think this may have inspired me to take another shot at it come this winter.

I wouldn't mind getting that signed card over a boba or something, if you're not too famous by then :wink:
Just gotta be in town at that time...
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Baldarhion

#107 Post by Baldarhion »

Since it seems that the kickstarter will continue its amazing growth (and that's I truly expect :p), I have a question :

Do you think it may be possible to implement a real 3D engine (such as Panda3D) for batlles ? (Cororally, do you think you can provide 3D models and textures if needed ?)

Make us keep dreaming :)

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#108 Post by netravelr »

Baldarhion wrote:Since it seems that the kickstarter will continue its amazing growth (and that's I truly expect :p), I have a question :

Do you think it may be possible to implement a real 3D engine (such as Panda3D) for batlles ? (Cororally, do you think you can provide 3D models and textures if needed ?)

Oooh, I could help you make the game in UDK! That'd actually be pretty awesome.
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

Baldarhion

#109 Post by Baldarhion »

netravelr wrote:
Baldarhion wrote:Since it seems that the kickstarter will continue its amazing growth (and that's I truly expect :p), I have a question :

Oooh, I could help you make the game in UDK! That'd actually be pretty awesome.
Oh ! Sorry but I didn't mean to do such a complicated stuff :)

Actually, my python's skills are limited to scripting purposes :p (well... I admit that I'm bored with Ada (yes, i know, i'm a dinosaur...) and Lisp (huh...). Time for falling in love with Python (Zope is calling me...).

So, if I'll manage to learn furthermore openGL and enhance my Python's skills quickly, I'll be happy to help. But actually, time is missing.

By the way, Netravelr your resume is really impressive ! I wish i could have teacher like you in my youth days ;)

NewMember
Regular

#110 Post by NewMember »

Will the game's code be under an open source license also will there be an all ages version? Last but not least what software are you using?

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#111 Post by Samu-kun »

Yes and yes, and I am using renpy.

NewMember
Regular

#112 Post by NewMember »

So which license are you going to license the code in?Also what software are you using for drawing,vectoring and animating?

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#113 Post by Samu-kun »

I don't know the exact name of the license, but you can use everything in Sunrider for your own works, as long as you provide credit (Love in Space) and you don't sell any work including Sunrider assets for money.

I'm using Google Sketchup for the 3D models, Kerkythea for the renders, and post processing in Photoshop. The character artist uses Sai for the character art.

NewMember
Regular

#114 Post by NewMember »

Since this is an open source game why not use open source software for the game to make modding easy aka Blender for 3D modelling and render and Krita for drawing. So everthing in this game is 3D?

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#115 Post by Samu-kun »

The software we use to model or draw the characters actually makes no difference where modding in concerned, since renpy is only capable of showing .jpg or .png, or movies anyways. You could just as easily mod the game with assets made with Blender and Gimp, if you want.

Technically, nothing in the game is 3D since renpy isn't a 3D engine. But the mechs, ships, and background are 2D images of 3D renders, yeah.

NewMember
Regular

#116 Post by NewMember »

The Character are 3D to right? Actually the format of the 3D models does effect it you should always use obj format. By the way any chance you can model,rig and render the objects Blender? That will make sure all the objects are properly animatable in Blender in case you want to make mods.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#117 Post by gekiganwing »

The Kickstarter ended an hour ago, with just over $44000 pledged. Congratulations!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#118 Post by LVUER »

That's seriously awesome. Now how are you going to spend all that money, Samu-kun? I even haven't earn that much money on my 10 years experience of working.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#119 Post by SundownKid »

Well, a bit of it is going to me to revamp the whole UI, so better get busy.. really busy :lol:

Omniknight
Veteran

#120 Post by Omniknight »

Sugoi...
The battle mechs make it so much better, and I'm confident that The King of Moe made even better character routes.