Greeny's Ren'Py Services

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

Greeny's Ren'Py Services

#1 Post by Greeny »

Despite our resident hero Pytom's best efforts to make Ren'Py an easy-to-use and intuitive Visual Novel engine, it can still seem daunting to any aspiring developer without any prior experience programming. Or perhaps you simply don't have the time? Maybe you had a friend who promised to do the scripting for free, but has now disappeared without a trace leaving you with one mess of code you can't make heads or tails of?

You know what they say; If you want something done right, pay someone to do it.

I am that someone.
Ren'Py has a lot of hidden potential, available to those who know how to unlock it. Don't believe me? Check out my latest game, The Madness, and have a look at the source code. I'm offering to do anything that's within the limits of Ren'Py, and that's quite a lot. And I'm offering to do it twice as fast as any competitor*.

Base Visual Novel Package - $20

If you're looking to produce a small visual novel without any unneccessary bells and whistles, this packages covers everything.
It includes programming a custom GUI for all basic features, as well as converting your script into the correct format, any and all transitions and image display, branching paths, if it's in a standard Visual Novel this package covers it.

Includes:
- Coding all standard GUI features, including CG gallery and/or Music room with custom unlock requirements
- Script coverage for up to 20 000 words
- Even covers voice files, if available
- Basic path branching system with flags and variables
- Two months post-delivery support if any changes or tweaks are desired

Long Project Package - $5/15k words
A long project means more work overall, so I'm afraid I have to charge more to cover huge scripts.
Just $5 per extra 15 000 words will cover you, however, to extend any package.

Point-and-Click Package - $20
You know what's cool? Pointing. You know what's even cooler? Clicking. Why not turn your Visual Novel into a point-and-click radventure?
This package covers turning those drab, flat background images into sweet, interactive goodness!

Includes:
- Dynamic point-and-click screens that change depending on circumstance
- Area nagivation system
- Non-square hotspots
- Up to 20 screens

Inventory Package - $5
Don't leave your protagonist helpless and broke! With this package, I'll code an inventory system so that he/she can collect all sorts of doodads and gizmos.

Dating Sim Engine Package - $30
I suppose you could just nab the DSE from the Ren'Py wiki...
Or, instead, I could present you with a tailor-made custom engine with all the features you thought you could only dream about!
Yayy! What are you even waiting for?

Includes:
- FREE Inventory Package
- Variable day planner
- Event scheduler and random events
- Character building features

Turn Based Combat Package - $40
Guaranteed to be super effective! Get yourself a custom turn based combat system today! What more needs to be said?
The Turn Based Combat Package covers a lot of ground - inquire for more information.

Advanced Animations and Effects Package - $10
Want the really fancy stuff? This package will cover the whole extent of any other package to upgrade all that with really cool animations and effects. Note: Animation resources may need to be provided by artist/GUI designer.

Includes:
- The whole shebang
- Extra pizzazz

Advanced Code
Perhaps you'd like to add a nonstandard minigame or puzzle that will require very specific coding. I can't know in advance, but outline me your idea and I can tell you if it can be done, and how much it will cost you. Hint: It will cost less than any competitor is asking*.

Extended Warranty - $10
Only two months of post-delivery support? But Greeny! I'm fickle and full of ~great ideas~ that won't come to me until I'm in the shower between six to seven months from now.

No problemo! Extended warranty covers post-delivery support for a whole year on top of your standard warranty.

Procrastination Negation Certification - $10
For this low, low price I will give you an official certification declaring that I will not procrastinate on your order, meaning it will recieve absolute priority over other orders!

--------

Payment must be delivered through Paypal within one week of delivery.

Also, be aware that coding a visual novel does require visuals to be present. I cannot get paid if I cannot deliver. I cannot deliver my services if I cannot complete the work, and I cannot complete the work without the necessary visuals (and audio) to implement.

If you do not have all the artwork, gui elements, voice files and/or sound files available, please provide placeholders. I will not begin work until I have available to me the resources I need to finish the job promptly. That said, I can offer to prepare placeholders myself, at a cost. Seeing as this is extremely tedious busywork completely unrelated to my talents, I will charge a high price for doing so.

WARNING:
Ren'Py behaves unpredictably where real-time timers are involved. Many an attempt to get Ren'Py to keep track of time have resulted in failure. If you desire any such timers, please inquire further and be prepared to hear that certain kinds simply cannot be done. Reliably anyhow.

*Except in case of exception

Code may contain traces of nuts. Greeny can not be held liable for any issues and problems that arise from the engine itself. Greeny can not be held liable for any bugs or erroneous code that are not reported before the warranty expires. At this time, I will not accept payment in sexy pictures*, pats on the back, exposure, souls, peanuts or experience points. Inquire for other forms of payment. Greeny reserves the right to refuse service to customers who behave in a rude or disrespectful manner. If no payment is recieved after delivery, Greeny reserves the right to tattle. If work has already begun and you suddenly decide visual novels are stupid, you don't want to do this anymore, you'd rather spend your hard-earned cash on the latest Hatsune Miku figurine, then I may charge a cancellation fee.
Last edited by Greeny on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

tnm6
Regular
Projects: Among the Distant Stars, Stained with Magic, The Remembrance Trilogy: Reminiscence
Organization: Anansi Media

Re: Greeny's Ren'Py Services

#2 Post by tnm6 »

This is absolutely fantastic! I'll be commissioning you for the Turn-Based Combat package in a few weeks once more of my art assets are in place (provided you are still open at that time).

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#3 Post by Mickychi »

This sounds excellent! I just want to inquire about the Advance code, how much would a cooking mini-game cost? Say with ten recipes?
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Greeny »

Mickychi wrote:This sounds excellent! I just want to inquire about the Advance code, how much would a cooking mini-game cost? Say with ten recipes?
Could you be more specific? "A cooking minigame" could mean anything.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!

khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#5 Post by khnachi »

Whoa you're certainly what I'm looking for.
I would totally hire you once I got enough money, I hope you're still open by then. :)

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#6 Post by Mickychi »

Greeny wrote:
Mickychi wrote:This sounds excellent! I just want to inquire about the Advance code, how much would a cooking mini-game cost? Say with ten recipes?
Could you be more specific? "A cooking minigame" could mean anything.
A click, and drag type. Maybe with a frying pan as well. One where you prepare (and cook) the food.
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Greeny »

Basically a cooking-themed click-and-drag interface? Should be doable, depending on the details.
I'd say I'd ask no more than $20 for that.
It would be very visual-oriented however, so I would advise you to get the images you'll want ready before you hire me.

I'll be open for business for the foreseeable future, so don't be afraid to wait it out and make preparations before you commission my services, I can guarantee that if you prepare your assets first I will be able to work much, much faster.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Greeny »

Still open for business!

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#9 Post by Googaboga »

Haha the first post made me smile X3.

These certainly are tempting options and I have been thinking about adding some kind of stat raising feature to my second project (which hasn't been posted here yet). I'll talk to my GUI artist and maybe we'll be able to work something out :3. Oh and in the Dating Sim Engine Package what does "Character building features" mean exactly?
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Greeny »

Googaboga wrote:what does "Character building features" mean exactly?
You know, stats.

Like, "Strength: 10, Charisma: 20, Intelligence: -5, Luck: 50"

Which is admiteddly super easy if you limit it to a simple linear progression, but if you can think up a more advanced model (exponential progression? degrade over time? item bonus? reduction on Mondays?) then I've got your back too.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#11 Post by Googaboga »

Okay cool. That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure since that's what I was thinking of adding :]. Well I'll see what the GUI artist says and if we can put together the assets we'll be happy to hire you ^^.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#12 Post by Laiska »

I don't have anything I could hire you for right now, but you write a hell of a sales pitch! :)

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#13 Post by Chasing Summer »

I don’t have a project for you to work on at the moment (perhaps sometime in the near future) but your offers are really tempting.
new account: sonnenblumen

milkcarton
Regular

#14 Post by milkcarton »

I have a project I am working on, so I might come back to you soon : D

SimonLayton
Regular

#15 Post by SimonLayton »

Those offers are really tempting. I might come back to you if I have enough money. :P

But I have a question, if I were to make a visual novel series (purely VN, nothing advanced) let's say, each game under 15k words, but techically built as seperate games nonetheless, how much would you charge for it? Would I pay 20 for each game, or does the Long Project Package apply?
Honest Critique
itch.io | avatar by crestforge