All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Apocalyptic] [Sci-Fi] [Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Friendship, Drama] [1/22]

#76 Post by Hazel-Bun »

akemicchi wrote:Ahaha, thanks! \o/

Whoa! So Child can be a boy or girl! I should have expected that. Would the Man refer to him/her as 'they/them', too? I think-- despite being technically incorrect-- they/them is the most accepted term when referring to the gender neutral.

For the black ash, if you're using the Snowblossom effect, why don't you just make the image a little black dot (small like, 5x5px maybe)? Ash seems to be really small (smaller than snowflakes or cherry blossoms, haha), so to compensate you'd just have to make a ton of them appear on the screen. I guess the problem would be having them appear at different sizes, unless you put a lot in the image...
Lol yeah and it's okay really. I should have clarified sooner! Yes, before their name is revealed, The Man uses "they/them" when referring to the Child. That's what I thought too. At first I was usingitbut some readers/friends told me that's... rude? Not really sure what word to use but yeah, basically I'll stick with they/them.

Yup and that's where my problem lies. I'm using a simple animation for the rain but was using the Snowblossom affect for the ash. But the images are so small that it just... ugh. I'll figure it out though ^^ Thanks for the advice!
Sayashiro wrote:This VN looks like it's coming along beautifully! I love the soft colors and artsy look. Feels so much like a Hayao Miyazaki work to me, and I'm a great fan of art forms along those lines. Personally, I love Trina's voice for the boy. I find it very fitting, pretty close to how I envisioned the character to sound.
Thanks Saya and woah, really D8 euphorics would be very pleased to hear this as she's in love with him... and I am too trololol Yeah I like Trina's voice too but will give the option to turn it off as well ^^ To each their own I suppose. Plus, I need to get those lines into you too asap so thanks for replying on here!
<><><>
So here's a screenshot spam because I like to tell little white lies ahahaha~ Luce is fixing up the extras screen :) The music room is using Nexa Bold, is that easier to read? I think I might darken the color of Nexa Light a bit and see how that rolls over before using a whole new font.

Now I'll devote 100% effort to getting out my short jam piece. Sent off the first set of branching choices too btw Till then!
Attachments
BG Room 4
BG Room 4
BG Room 3
BG Room 3
BG Room 2
BG Room 2
BG Room 1
BG Room 1
CG Room
CG Room
Music room using Nexa Bold. Is this easier to read?
Music room using Nexa Bold. Is this easier to read?
Revised G for the extras screen
Revised G for the extras screen
Guest Art 2 aka where Man is overwhelmed by Child and is merp about it
Guest Art 2 aka where Man is overwhelmed by Child and is merp about it
Guest Art 1
Guest Art 1
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Friendship, Drama] [1/25]

#77 Post by Rinima »

Why have I only just looked at this?
It looks gorgeous!
Good luck with finishing, I look forward to playing!
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Friendship, Drama] [1/25]

#78 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Rinima wrote:Why have I only just looked at this?
It looks gorgeous!
Good luck with finishing, I look forward to playing!
Haha thank you very much man :) Means a lot! How's your project coming along? I see your art is improving as well!
<><><>
So some small updates! The writing for the demo is finally complete :D It's not proofed though so what you see isn't final as of now.

Some more feed-back for the pre-demo... demo I received that I thought was important to highlight was pacing and characterization. As of now, The Man is still very rough when it comes to how I want to portray him and what makes him him. I'm going to work on making him a more likable charterer while, on the other hand, not giving over all his secrets all at once. That and pace the first day/Arc better as it's the shortest of them all and having read it over and over again... I'm losing the sense of if it's good or not anymore and time. Is it moving to quickly? Slowly? That kind of thing.

And speaking of the Man, here's his demo reel done by naqlada :) Tell me your thoughts! His voice has a lot more twang than I picture him having but, that might be a good thing seeing as all the other characters have a strong accent of some sorts. If not for the man, I'll defiantly be casting him regardless as his voice has grown on me. Plus they're more characters needing roles to be filled.

http://cherubim-scribes.tumblr.com/post ... va-for-the
<><><>
I also wanted to start a new thing where I go a bit in-depth about the world of AtPF and also reveal a new character every update with back story, concept art, or something to that affect. I know it must be bring to just screenshots and cute pictures of the Child over and over again (lol). First up is Lumeria and a broad overview of AtPF! This is it for today. Peace out girl scouts while I try not to fail Senior year and get that jam entry out before January of next year lololol.

Overview of the story so far so...

--- (the Child) is a refugee from an age old conflict in AtPF's world dubbed simply The War, a war that has been going on for so long in this game's history that no one really knows why they are even fighting in it anymore. She or he (depending on your interpretation) meets the Man (--- pronounced ---) after he rescues them from being stranded in the Ahshar (aah-sh-aaer) desert, while running away from bandits. Three weeks on, the story starts from there.

The two powerhouses in game of The Empire and The Republic (no this is not Star Wars tehe) have sworn to fight till the very last man, woman and child for a reason that will be uncovered along the way.

The Republic (The Child's country and setting for the game) is actually a military state ruled by a man simply know as Our Leader or Dear Leader in game. There are five major section or city-states within The Republic which rest in an uneasy truces in order to bring down the enemy of their enemy (Curlfort, Fortuna Prospera, Dalitos, Raptro, Zion and the home of the capitol, Eden). The capitol is called Paradigm but is referred to as Paradise. Ahshar is a decimated section scorched from fire raids of Eden now serving as a buffer zone between the two, larger enemy states.
<><><>
Background on Lumeria...

Lumeria is a woman that lives in the government issued barracks alongside the Child and their big brother. She, unlike most of the other characters, is loyal to The Republic and strongly believes in the call to arms issued by their leader.

A host of conflicting emotions, her loyalty is laced with self-doubt in her ability to live up to the call, her strong personality shielding a very vulnerable woman underneath, her frowns and words of disapproval trying to cover up the fact that she's severely depressed and hates herself to some degree.

In her youth, do to her mother dying as a war hero, her and her siblings/father were given access into Paradise or The Republics capitol. There she never went hunger, never felt thirst, never was too hot or too cold, and everything was truly perfect... a perfect delusion.

Seven years before the game takes place, she was attending a ceremony where eligible youths were paired off in the hopes they'd marry. A batch of perfect genetic material in a race to populate the Earth with stronger, smarter, faster soldiers for the cost. She was suppose to marry the son of a decorated war hero, something that would make her Mother proud. That is until a terrorist attack blamed on the enemy state left her scarred, partially blinded and without the use of her left arm.

Unable to meet the standards set for access into Paradise's inner circle, shunned by so called friends and running up massive hospital debts, she was cast out into the wilderness so to speak. There, the Child and their brother took her in and now she lives alongside them. They are her only family now and her reason to live, for her to protect. Something worth fighting for.
Attachments
Lumeria Concept Art. Lol euphorics I can't wait till I can pay you to make her look nice ;o;
Lumeria Concept Art. Lol euphorics I can't wait till I can pay you to make her look nice ;o;
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Friendship, Drama] [2/2]

#79 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Here's some guest art done by Starshine <3 and a new CG preview by euphorics. Writing is coming along slowly but steadily. I'm hoping to polish off my tweaks to the demo script by then end I this week so I can send it all off to be proofread.

Idea bouncing has helped me tremendously when it comes to structuring the plot and all so I'm happy about that. That's it for now!
Attachments
The Child - Starshine what a grumpy cutie
The Child - Starshine what a grumpy cutie
image.jpg (77.81 KiB) Viewed 2269 times
CG Preview
CG Preview

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Friendship, Drama] [2/5]

#80 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Worked on the code instead of writing this week haha. Right now, the text history is pretty much jacked. I'm not sure what's going on. I can now press the button, but I get this super small screen instead of the full size one I envisioned. I'll consult ZEFK about it later.

Plotted and started writing the second arc and decided on naqlada for the voice of the Man in the demo. Talked to some other voice actresses as well to see about the rest of the female cast. Later!
Attachments
AtPF Screenshot 2.png
AtPF Screenshot 1.png

Sayashiro
Regular
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Friendship, Drama] [2/9]

#81 Post by Sayashiro »

You're making great progress, Hazel-bun! Yes, whenever the script is ready, just e-mail me and let me know. =)
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Friendship, Drama] [2/9]

#82 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Thanks Saya and will do ^^ Here's a little something for V-Day for you all! Hope it was swell. Also, here's a new piece of art from RedOtter for you all to enjoy :)

And before I forget, with the help of the forum members, I figured out what was up with text history huzzah. Now you can click on the voiced lines, the screen is much bigger, and you don't have to remove the tags to make it work. It's still rough and in need of tweaking, but at least it works.
Attachments
AtPF Screenshot 4.png
AtPF Screenshot 3.png
By RedOtter
By RedOtter
AtPF V-Day Card 3.2.png
AtPF V-Day Card 2.1.png
AtPF V-Day Card 1.1.png
Last edited by Hazel-Bun on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Friendship, Drama] [2/14]

#83 Post by Haze »

Those valentines are so cuuuute! That first one made me laugh for a while! Oh my goodness...(out of breath from laughing too hard).
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#84 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

There is a lot of great progress on this game! I've been keeping up through tumblr. The art and UI will never cease to amaze me.

Honest Critique

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#85 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Green Glasses Girl wrote:There is a lot of great progress on this game! I've been keeping up through tumblr. The art and UI will never cease to amaze me.
Thanks man ^^ Right back at ya'! Can't wait to see Carnival in all it's glory haha
Haze wrote:Those valentines are so cuuuute! That first one made me laugh for a while! Oh my goodness...(out of breath from laughing too hard).
Mwahahaha yes! The cuteness shall consume you~

With NaNoReno right around the corner, updates for All the Pretty Flowers will lag for a bit. No worries though as lots is getting done/has been done in-between the last update. Haze has been a great help with idea bouncing and will now be helping to edit. I'm going to tweak the endings a little bit but, otherwise, the demo script is done and just needs revision now. Once the new GUI comes in all the art assets for the demo will also be done.

Hope it's enjoyable to see it all come together once it finally comes out.

Also, here's a little voice acting clip for Genesis done by Saya!
http://cherubim-scribes.tumblr.com/post ... and-coming

Later.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Friendship, Drama] [2/28]

#86 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Just a teeny update. Man's new demo reel is out ==> http://atpfvn.tumblr.com/post/805475794 ... by-naqlada

Also started a new development blog for AtPF. Once NaNo wraps up and I got things in order, I'll be working to get the demo out asap!

Sayashiro
Regular
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Friendship, Drama] [3/24]

#87 Post by Sayashiro »

Naqlada sounds awesome as the man. I was really expecting his character to have such a strong country twang, but it fits him very well.
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#88 Post by Googaboga »

Someone I know on DeviantArt (Megacas) is doing quick commissions so I asked her to do this:

The child is super cute and I know that the game will be great :>. Good luck <3.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

shilkefair
Regular
Completed: Winter Bliss~meeting you~
Projects: Black rosette [VN], Selene

#89 Post by shilkefair »

Naqlada sounds great as the the man! but i think need a bit of work to fit the man's persona:D
everything looks great! i'm looking forward playing this when it's done <3

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#90 Post by Hazel-Bun »

shilkefair wrote:Naqlada sounds great as the the man! but i think need a bit of work to fit the man's persona:D
everything looks great! i'm looking forward playing this when it's done <3
Sayashiro wrote:Naqlada sounds awesome as the man. I was really expecting his character to have such a strong country twang, but it fits him very well.
Thanks guys! I think it fits in an (odd) way too! I hope you enjoy it when it does, finally, come out <3
Googaboga wrote:Someone I know on DeviantArt (Megacas) is doing quick commissions so...
asdfghjkl; Thank you!! So flippin' cute ughuuu ;o; *runs off to edit that script for you*
~*~
Small update on pg. 1! I'll be updating more later on. Night!