a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] - new music downloads!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

Re: a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] + Android, German

#166 Post by Nellie »

Hachiko wrote:Anywho, I hope you guys make more comedies! ^_^
Thanks! Aro's writing is generally more light-hearted (so far) so you'll definitely get more laughing (and hopefully crying *devil*) moments in our games! Keep an eye on our next project (The Pirate Mermaid)! We hope you'll like that too :D
Kayber wrote:I played this game a few months ago but now that I finally have an account here I wanted to leave a comment to say that I really enjoyed your game. I have a background in music and so the whole idea of how music can transcend cultural and language barriers was just...ugh. It was so good. I don't even have words for it.

I loved Sona's character, how she was so totally different from the typical leading ladies in VN's. Her attitude, her appearance, her way of handling things was so unique that I instantly decided she is one of my favorite heroines that I've had the pleasure of playing. The music was appropriate for each act and you chose great pieces.

I could gush forever about this game. It was really well done. Thanks for your hard work in creating it!
I'm glad you like the game, and Sona especially! I was a bit worried about using such an unconventional heroine, but glad she turned out well after all :D I was personally involved in music in the age of... 3, so I've been around to places and countries for it, meeting with all sorta people speaking different languages and different culture. Most of the time though, we just let music does the talking and things somehow work out well. It's hard to explain but I'm sure you understand this as well xD Glad you could relate to it as well :3

Thanks for taking your time to give this a chance, and thanks for liking it so much :D

Sitraxis wrote:Just finished the game. :D I don't know how long I've played it. For all I know I've enjoyed it. ;) I'm really impressed with the character development

The music and the sound effects REALLY brought the mood together as I read the story and it stayed true to its musical theme. :lol: I so blown away how you made me in sync with the moods in the story. ;) This is the game I would love to replay for its story. ;) You've all done a wonderful job. :)
*blush* I know, Aro's really good at bringing a character to life with her writing, isn't she? XD Thanks for giving this game a try! :D

phoenix2899 wrote:
The Chinese dialogue was written in English and then translated to Chinese. Since we were under a time crunch, we split the translation job over two or three people. There are probably inconsistencies in the wording and phrasing as a result, but I’m not sure because my Chinese is pretty bad. ^^; So please feel free to let me know about any mistakes!
I can't remember anything major, but if I go back over, will keep it in mind. Will watch out for your new game too- keep up the awesome work! :)
If there are any mistakes, it's probably my fault >_< I tried to keep them consistent as much as I could, but I had some native Chinese users look through, and the most common feedback was it being too 'Malaysian/Singaporean Chinese sounding' (since all the translators are Malaysian/Singaporean... Ehehe) and my friends from China found then really odd D: If we could find a Chinese editor, we'll definitely brush up the Chinese bits of the story! :D Thanks for the feedback xD

einari wrote:@ Arowana
I'm glad you like my FA and please used that FA freely
you can post any where you wanted to, I dont mind :D
(I'm not Aro, but...) Thanks for the permission! XD

OmegasOblivion wrote:I can't play it :C the links are broken or something...I can't play it and omfg I want to :(
Sorry for the late reply! I've tried looking at the links, but they seems to be working for me >_< Could you e-mail me at and I'll try to upload it somewhere else for you?

Spudthulhu

#167 Post by Spudthulhu »

This game is so cute and I totally didn't cry what are you talking about
It's definitely one of my favorite visual novels that I've ever played
It's so well put together and really cute and not to mention that the art is really great too!

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#168 Post by tiya_nofurita »

I played it on Android! It's working fine at first, but sometimes force to close when it comes into raining animation, idk, too low available memory on my Android maybe? >.< but then I switch into SD card memory it's working fine XD

Overall it's a great game made in 1 months. Cute and lovable character. Hao can be sarcastic too hehe. Is there any sequel of their love story? XD
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#169 Post by Googaboga »

I loved this game. It was just so great ;v;. And thank you so much for including a version which translated the Chinese. It was so fun to see what he was saying.

My step mom's native language is Chinese so I really want to get her to play this one day to see what she thinks X3.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

OmegasOblivion

#170 Post by OmegasOblivion »

Well...first I have to thank Nellie for sending me the game personally.
I'm sorry I put you into that situation darling >w< but Hey! I played it and I'll give an excellent review about it because I TOTALLY LOVED IT n////n

I mean, Sona it's one of the greatest female main characters I've ever got the pleasure to see on these kind of games. She's so great and the relationship with Hao it's explosive...
I actually cried with a few stuff...(not gonna give spoilers xD)

The ONLY thing I have to say that I didn't really LOVE about the game is that, on one of the endings, (love)...the whole thing/situation makes you want to know what happens next and it's too open..I dunno I wanted to see Hao and Sona's romantic encounter.

Great job and congratulations to all the staff!

I would like a voiced version of this game, but I know that's not possible lol

ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore
itch: soraille

#171 Post by ppppantsu »

Oemji, up until now I still haven't unlocked the true ending. ; w ;
this is really great.

I have to play soon. >w< :oops:

BlackSummer

#172 Post by BlackSummer »

:cry: hey I'm really liking the game so far, and have gotten ends at 70 and 80 percent, however i can't figure it out!
Looked up walkthroughs and other then the one you have listed there are none, except some German chick on youtube who did a play-through of the game. In German.
Now it wouldnt be a problem seeing as you've got a walkthrough listed.
But see, the thing is the site for that has closed down- apparently for a while. So I physically can't get a walkthrough, anywhere.
Please post a new walkthrough or suggest one!!! OTL wahhhhhhhhhh ! :'(

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#173 Post by Arowana »

@ Spudthulhu
Aw, thanks so much - I’m really glad you enjoyed the game! And yeah, I never cry at any works of fictions at allll, especially not random Thai commercials and music videos what are you talking about...

@ tiya_nofurita
Thanks very much for trying the Android version and letting us know what happened! I think you are right that there are issues when the memory gets too low. There are some fixes that I am planning to implement for that (especially once the new Renpy comes out), so hopefully it will improve the performance. ^_^

The only “sequel” at the moment is the short bonus chapter, which you get after finding all 3 endings, but we are hoping to expand it into a longer story for the remake.

@ Googaboga
I’m glad you enjoyed the dual language aspect of the game! And lol, it would be interesting to hear what your step mom thinks! I hope she doesn’t find the Chinese too terrible, hahaha.

@ OmegasOblivion
Aww, I’m sure Nellie was happy to send it to you (I get to speak for her since she’s not around, mwahaha). We are always happy to see more people trying our games. And I’m always glad to hear that people liked Sona, instead of being put off by her appearance/personality. ^_^

For the remake, we are hoping to do a more expanded romance ending, so please check it out if you’re interested! xD We were actually planning to do a voiced version as well (Nellie already has recorded lines from several VAs, just needs some time to check and edit them, I think), so that actually might be possible after all! :D

@ ppppantsu
I hope you were able to get all the endings! :D If you need any help, I’ve added a walkthrough here.

@ BlackSummer
Oh no, I didn’t know that Veebie’s site shut down! D: Thanks for letting me know. I’ve just posted a new walkthrough on LSF here. Hope it helps, and let me know if you have any questions. ^_^
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

Royalty

#174 Post by Royalty »

Awesome!! I tried the android version first, but found it painful to stare at the small screen of my smart phone, so I decided to download the PC version!! But so far, I love it. :3

Larite

#175 Post by Larite »

It's really awesome game. I love Sona and Hao, I love whole story and all ideas, that presented in game.
I burst of tears, when Sona and Hao talk about Mr. Song, when she tell about her guitar, when... well, i laughed and cried practically all time, but it was amazing :D I love games, that give a birth to so strong feelings.
Thank you all very much for your work and good luck with remake and your other projects! I definitely want to see its :)

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#176 Post by Godline »

I was suggested this game as I'm making one with similar elements. ^^
很浪漫的爱情故事。
Good writing, art, coding, etc.
Yin hao 是很可啊。Love, love, love.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#177 Post by AsHLeX »

Just few minutes into the game and i'm laughing my head off. This is epic! :D I seriously love it.
Especially the doodle part :D
Good job <3
Edit: Ahh this is so nostalgic <3 :D I used/still piano so this is just so perfect <3
I love this game!!
New demo out 24/12/23!!

theSardonyx

#178 Post by theSardonyx »

Played this on Android and I loved it. I'm going to download for my PC and hopefully get all the endings this time. :D

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#179 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

This is one of the most beautiful games I've played. It teaches you that you don't need to know the other person's language to love and understand each other <3 Thanks for creating such a masterpiece!
ImageImage

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

Re: a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] + Android, iTunes

#180 Post by Arowana »

Hey all, I’ve got an exciting announcement! ElagoTech has helped us port a2 to iOS, so the game is now on the iTunes Store!

You can find a2 ~a due~ on iTunes at this link (available for both iPhone and iPad).
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/a2-a-du ... ?ls=1&mt=8

I think Elagotech did an awesome job with the iOS port. The game looks so pretty on my iPad. <3

Here's the main menu! Note that you can only access the "extras" menu (CGs, music box, replay gallery, and glossary) here.

The in-game menu is a bit different from the original, but works very well. The "menu" button on the top right will bring up the save/load/preferences menus. The three music notes over the right side of the textbox are for auto mode, skip mode, and the readback log respectively.

Please give it a try if you can! :)

And now for some long overdue replies. ^^;

@ Royalty
Sweet, I hope you enjoyed the rest of the game! I prefer to play on PC as well (my smartphone is also small and runs out of space too quickly), so it’s nice to have different options.

@ Larite
I’m glad our game was able to leave a strong impression! I also love stories that can make me both laugh and cry, so I’m especially happy if that a2 was successful on those fronts. We will try our best with the remake once our current game (The Pirate Mermaid) is done.

@ Godline
謝謝你! I hope your game is going well too. :D

@ AsHLeX
Thank you! I used to play piano before college, and I kind of miss it now. ^^ It’s been a while, but I tried my best to pick songs that would not only fit the mood, but also be memorable to classical music fans. And I think we wanted even more cute doodles haha, but ran out of time. Maybe in the remake then?

@ theSardonyx
Awesome, I hope you were able to get all three endings!

@ LadyOfGatsby
Aw, thank you for playing and for your kind words. It makes me so happy to see people still playing a2 more than a year after its release. :’D
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)