[Updated-2] FETISH [Mystery][Macabre][Win+Mac]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore
itch: soraille

[Updated-2] FETISH [Mystery][Macabre][Win+Mac]

#1 Post by ppppantsu »

HERE IS MY THREAD IN WORK-IN-PROGRESS

Game Title: FETISH

Game plot:
Everyone has something they love. .
Something they obsess to. . .
Something lovely, aromatic, eccentric. . .
Even something dangerous. . .

This is a story about Hexia (protagonist), his brother Vier, and their butler Cain who are all mysterious and have eccentric hobbies. Especially Hexia, who has an has an uncommon obsession in which only her family and the servants knows about. Her obsession isn't entirely innocent, though. However, the consequences for her fetish aren't really pleasant. Then one day came, there was something odd that Cain felt, leading him to advise Hexia to dress more conservatively. . .

You'll be playing as Hexia.
(Sidenotes: sorry for being not-so-descriptive)

Trailer: CLICK HERE TO WATCH

DOWNLOAD FETISH HERE (Win/Mac)(4shared / Mediafire)

Update: You probably need an account in 4shared / social networks to download. I dunno what happened but yeah.
Update: All files for Windows and Mac are now up in Mediafire. Tell me if there's a problem ugh.

Password:
morbiede
Size: 121mb (Win), 120mb (Mac)
Words: 13, 871
Endings: 7 (3 Good, 3 Bad, 1 True)
Filetype: ZIP

Sidenotes:
This is my first visual novel but second to finish.
My grammar and sh*t isn't the best, I admit I have errors here and there (this is kind of an experimental visual novel along with DMMd fan VN, trying to make a VN and stuff) and I think everything's predictable. OTL
But I'll probably update this game and hopefully get to customize more of the interfaces and use Hexia's sprites. ;w;

Characters:
ImageImageImage
Clockwise: Hexia (Again, I didn't get to use her sprite, I forgot), Vier (little brother), Cain (butler)

EDIT: Sidenotes: I dunno guys but if ever any of you have downloaded my comics in 4shared, please tell me about it. ;w; )/
Last edited by ppppantsu on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Re: FETISH [Mystery][Macabre][Win+Mac]

#2 Post by Michiyo6918 »

OMG IT'S OUT!!!

Ncniaued I'm so excited aaa I shall give it a try after I get home from school and work * V *

//is at school being a bad student
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore

#3 Post by ppppantsu »

Michiyo6918 wrote:OMG IT'S OUT!!!

Ncniaued I'm so excited aaa I shall give it a try after I get home from school and work * V *

//is at school being a bad student

Thank you~~~~~~~~. ;w; )/
it's been done a week ago but yep, just trying out stuff but I gave up in the end. OTL

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#4 Post by silverpikachu99 »

*LE GASP* It's finished ALREADY!?!? Wow you're fast! I'm downloadin this now!! Congrats on the release <3 I'll be sure to comment my review later on~
i'll cry if you yell at me

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by try10 »

I've just finished playing the game. I hope I got all the endings. The spirits were cute and the music seemed to fit the game dark theme. I need to finish Hadaka Shitsuji... :twisted: Seeing Cain reminded me of the cute and obedient butlers from there. :oops:
I honestly wasn't expecting Hexia to have such a morbid "hobby" if you can call it like that. THEY KILLED PEOPLE :shock: I was expecting her to have a blood fetish, or crazy bondage, or cutting her wrists ( or other people wrists), but I was shocked when I found out the truth. The real ending was the saddest of them all. I fell in love with Cain at first sight when I saw how loyal he was and how much he cared about his mistress. Vier is cute, but I wonder what happened to him that made him that way? I hope I got all the endings, cause I didn't find anything new about his past and why did he react so bad when Hexia compared him with a doll. And Alec...well, he was just doing his job, so I couldn't really hate him. I couldn't really hate anyone since all the family was pretty messed up with weird hobbies and stuff... :?
I hope to see more games from you. The story was dark and original. AND I HONESTLY LOVE DARK STORIES. ( dark romance is my weakness ). I enjoyed playing Fetish although it was short. :D Thank you for making this and good luck with your future projects! ;)

ppppantsu
Veteran

#6 Post by ppppantsu »

try10 wrote:I've just finished playing the game. I hope I got all the endings. The spirits were cute and the music seemed to fit the game dark theme. I need to finish Hadaka Shitsuji... :twisted: Seeing Cain reminded me of the cute and obedient butlers from there. :oops:
I honestly wasn't expecting Hexia to have such a morbid "hobby" if you can call it like that. THEY KILLED PEOPLE :shock: I was expecting her to have a blood fetish, or crazy bondage, or cutting her wrists ( or other people wrists), but I was shocked when I found out the truth. The real ending was the saddest of them all. I fell in love with Cain at first sight when I saw how loyal he was and how much he cared about his mistress. Vier is cute, but I wonder what happened to him that made him that way? I hope I got all the endings, cause I didn't find anything new about his past and why did he react so bad when Hexia compared him with a doll. And Alec...well, he was just doing his job, so I couldn't really hate him. I couldn't really hate anyone since all the family was pretty messed up with weird hobbies and stuff... :?
I hope to see more games from you. The story was dark and original. AND I HONESTLY LOVE DARK STORIES. ( dark romance is my weakness ). I enjoyed playing Fetish although it was short. :D Thank you for making this and good luck with your future projects! ;)
AAAAAAAAAH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! QAQ <3 <3 :oops: :oops: :oops:
I wasn't able to continue playing hadaka shitsuji---- coz my friend said she didn't like it (and we both are really similar to each other sooooooo--)

and about Vier's past, originally I intended to add his endings but after finishing one route of him I was like "meh? wait what? what just happened?" I was totally braindead after doing the true end so I just scrapped Vier's endings--- :(

but maybe I'll include them again if I ever I get the time to upgrade this game. ;w; )/ :oops:

again, thank you for taking your time to download and play this short game. TTUTT / <3 :lol:
Last edited by ppppantsu on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kayber

#7 Post by Kayber »

I'm with ppppantsu - I would love to see more of Vier's backstory. Or, in fact, the whole family's.
It seemed like it was mentioned a few times that the family, or rather the siblings, had a pretty dark past and each was hurt from it. I'm also curious about why the parents would, in general, be so willing to overlook the hobbies of their children when the only things mentioned about them is that the dad deals with shady people and the mom eats weird food. I think that this part of the story would be interesting to anyone, and would love to see it fleshed out in future versions, if you create them. People wanting to know more about your characters is a testament to the story that you created!

I also loved that there wasn't exactly a 'good guy' in the game. Alec comes across as a flipping lunatic, but then when he mentioned the crimes that Hexia committed I was like "oh, crap, yeah she DID do that" and then I wasn't really sure who the bad guy was anymore. THAT was brilliantly done.
Your art was really lovely. I would have liked the character's picture be placed up when they were talking, or having the color of their names changed to make it faster to identify each person. There were a few times I had to re-read conversations because I put the wrong lines to the wrong people. That's just a minor thing, though.

And Cain. More Cain would be fantastic.

Thank you so much for taking the time to create this game. It was a very interesting read, and I can't wait to see what else you produce!

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#8 Post by Googaboga »

Congrats on finishing another game :>. I'm going to download this now and I'll get back to you once I've finished it.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

ppppantsu
Veteran

#9 Post by ppppantsu »

Kayber wrote:I'm with ppppantsu - I would love to see more of Vier's backstory. Or, in fact, the whole family's.
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I got uber warm fuzzies from reading this. TTuTT
and yep, I ought to change those of what you've mentioned. I also experienced that when playing through my game.

fuuuuuu------ I'm actually done with their parents' sprites in case I've decided to use it. But I guess this game needs more polishing. |'DDDD

again thank you so much. QwQ
Googaboga wrote:Congrats on finishing another game :>. I'm going to download this now and I'll get back to you once I've finished it.
THANK YOU!!!!!!! QwQ
and good luck, tell me which ending you got. ;w; <3

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Googaboga »

I can't seem to download it :'D. It says to download using a social network but I don't use any of those networks nor do I want to. Is there way to download the game without having to make a new account somewhere ^^;?
In-Progress:
Released:

ppppantsu
Veteran

#11 Post by ppppantsu »

Googaboga wrote:I can't seem to download it :'D. It says to download using a social network but I don't use any of those networks nor do I want to. Is there way to download the game without having to make a new account somewhere ^^;?
the files are uploaded in 4shared.
You should be able to download them even without having an account. OAO;;;

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Googaboga »

I tried again and it worked :3. Before I was getting a problem with the page not loading and the only other option was downloading using a social network. But this time the download came up. I guess I was just having an issue with the site.
In-Progress:
Released:

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#13 Post by distorsion »

I can't download the mac version. The cite says the download will start in 20 seconds but I waited 3 minutes and got nothing.
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

ppppantsu
Veteran

#14 Post by ppppantsu »

distorsion wrote:I can't download the mac version. The cite says the download will start in 20 seconds but I waited 3 minutes and got nothing.
maybe it's your connection or the site itself. OAO;;;
I've tried them and they work fine in here.

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#15 Post by distorsion »

ppppantsu wrote:
distorsion wrote:I can't download the mac version. The cite says the download will start in 20 seconds but I waited 3 minutes and got nothing.
maybe it's your connection or the site itself. OAO;;;
I've tried them and they work fine in here.
Nope, I don't think it's that. It lets me download a .exe version if I click 'priority download' but not the zip version. Unfortunately my computer can't run or even open .exe format.
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!