Asylum [Fantasy][SF][Mystery][Drama][Romance] - DEMO UP!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Rindaviir
Projects: Asylum

Re: Asylum [Mystery, GxG, GxB, BxG, BxB] - Update 2

#16 Post by Rindaviir »

Heh, like I said - demo *is* finished by now.
The problem is finishing scripting menu and finding proper Creative Commons Music to that ^^ (which is a shame, sincethe music it has now suits it perfectly - but I can't post official release without buying rights to it T_T))
So, possibly after my exams will serach for such things and post the demo soon \o

Bellethiel

#17 Post by Bellethiel »

Really excited for this one. :)
Looking forward to it. :3

Rindaviir

#18 Post by Rindaviir »

[UPDATE 3 - 12.02.2014]
Preparing demo for beta-RELEASE!
Few notifications:
  • Game will be at least 16+ (due to especially one particular character) :P
  • That is still beta version, till full release of the game the graphics and style of menu will change - I do hope it won't discourage some: I wanted to make the release as soon as possible so you guys won't have to wait for it much longer and meet the characters and maybe comment on what you did and did not enjoy ;)
  • If you want demo that will look like final version of the game I might post it on later parts, now me and my partner simply concentrated on story and proofreading ^^
  • Demo will be on days - maybe tonight/tomorrow. Depends if no trouble will come on the way nor proofreading will take too long.
For now demo contains:
  • 1,715 dialogue blocks, containing 15,041 words and 84,548 characters, for an average of 8.8 words and 49 characters per block.
  • 36 menus,
  • 57 images
  • 13 screens.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#19 Post by noeinan »

:D Looking forward to it.

Rinari

#20 Post by Rinari »

The beta version of the demo is done!
We're trying to upload it here to the first post on the thread, but we've been having some technical difficulties (connection keeps breaking off during the upload to the forums).
For now, you can download it from Sendspace here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2zz7ce

Rindaviir

#21 Post by Rindaviir »

^ As Rinari said, plus the link can be found on the Project's blog HERE :)
We will upload the file on Lemma as soon as possible but seems both me and Rin encountered similar troubles :P

Enjoy! (hopefully) :3

ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore
itch: soraille

#22 Post by ppppantsu »

Rindaviir wrote:^ As Rinari said, plus the link can be found on the Project's blog HERE :)
We will upload the file on Lemma as soon as possible but seems both me and Rin encountered similar troubles :P

Enjoy! (hopefully) :3
fuuuuuu~~ I'm excited to play this!!! TTuTT
//downloading (I just hope our connection won't screw up)~~~~~ <3 <3 <3
I'll post a reply again after playing. //flips <3 <3 <3

Rindaviir

Re: Asylum [Fantasy][SF][Mystery][Drama][Romance] - DEMO UP!

#23 Post by Rindaviir »

^.^ I do hope you will enjoy it :D

magbie
Regular

#24 Post by magbie »

That was fun :D Looking forward to the full release

ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore
itch: soraille

#25 Post by ppppantsu »

I played the demo~!!!!

And I regret playing this at night since I got a bad end OTL
the one with a creepy looking creature. It just appeared and I had a mini heart-attack, since my room was kinda dark OTL
and ugh, the graphics are just loooooveeee~~
the black and white are so good already - can't wait for the colors.

The music helped me get into the action--- like, it was sorta moving or making me feel like I was really in a game. |'DDD

really good job. I'm not much of a critique but this is how I feel. :oops: <3

Rindaviir

#26 Post by Rindaviir »

Thank you all, I recommend checking what is behind said Forest :P
We implemented statistics and random events for everyone to enjoy, as for way through forest I might give the walkthrough when notified via message ;)

Rindaviir

#27 Post by Rindaviir »

[UPDATE 4 - 20.02.2014]
Added new female character (route in progress).
Game has now:
  • 3 female characters
  • 3 male characters
  • 2 secret characters (3 if you count mysterious Prefect :3)
  • All of them having friendship/romance routes (for players of both genders. The list of routes possible for each gender soon to be added!)

Bellethiel

#28 Post by Bellethiel »

Played through demo few times and it looks really promising. :)
Plot seems intresting. I really like how we know almost as little as the main character, and will have to find out what is really going on while game goes on.
Characters, even though I guess we only got a little bit of them here, already managed to make me like/dislike them - basically made me feel about them in one way or another which means they are written very well. I guess Escard would be my favourite one for now. Cold, cool people for the win <3

As for the statistics. I like the idea of certain stat levels unlocking certain events/progressing story. Is gaining them however completely random? Or it's more like after achieving some level of certain skill chance of failing it is smaller? Highest value of skill I managed to get (after training it from day one to thirty) was 43 I belive, while on the other playthrought I ended up with 11, after having this epic task failing chain. So I guess people with great badluck could be in trouble if that's totally random. xD

Also, not quite sure if that's what's supposed to be, but at some point, after training melee combat and getting it over 25 or something close to it I get this forest background but in the end nothing happens and just goes on with dayli routine (thought maybe there was supposed to be event or something, but not sure). Made few screens.

Happened more than once, that's why I am mentioning:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2w3oy06.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2lshbg0.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/211w7qp.jpg

Also I am curious about lenght of full game, since demo gave us 30 days period.

I really enjoyed playing it. And am looking forward to full version even more. :)

Rindaviir

#29 Post by Rindaviir »

Bellethiel wrote:Played through demo few times and it looks really promising. :)
Plot seems intresting. I really like how we know almost as little as the main character, and will have to find out what is really going on while game goes on.
Characters, even though I guess we only got a little bit of them here, already managed to make me like/dislike them - basically made me feel about them in one way or another which means they are written very well. I guess Escard would be my favourite one for now. Cold, cool people for the win <3

As for the statistics. I like the idea of certain stat levels unlocking certain events/progressing story. Is gaining them however completely random? Or it's more like after achieving some level of certain skill chance of failing it is smaller? Highest value of skill I managed to get (after training it from day one to thirty) was 43 I belive, while on the other playthrought I ended up with 11, after having this epic task failing chain. So I guess people with great badluck could be in trouble if that's totally random. xD

Also, not quite sure if that's what's supposed to be, but at some point, after training melee combat and getting it over 25 or something close to it I get this forest background but in the end nothing happens and just goes on with dayli routine (thought maybe there was supposed to be event or something, but not sure). Made few screens.

Happened more than once, that's why I am mentioning:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2w3oy06.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2lshbg0.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/211w7qp.jpg

Also I am curious about lenght of full game, since demo gave us 30 days period.

I really enjoyed playing it. And am looking forward to full version even more. :)

Oh my O.O Thank you for the full feedback and I guess I know what's amiss... I had to leave in script started route for another event and somehow missed to either finish or upload it back then. And it somehow went missing on the way.
It will be fixed on next, 60-day update!
As for length, we do plan on making game as long as possible (since both to me and Ari that proved to be actually lots of fun ;) )
The plan is to make the First "tome" of the story one year long :3 So also, some points of relationships will be fulfilled and possible to continue in next ones. We do plan on making it as long, enjoyable and interactive as possible ^^
For statistics, they are -not- totally random, though I am still working on probability of it. In my own experimental turns Ive managed to recah level 75 on few, Rinari up to 78 I believe even. Tho we made events set on such levels to be achievable even without working on each skill daily. AND random events can also give some skill boons, as well as few dialogue options! :D
I am glad you do enjoy Escard's character - man was also few of my first roleplaying characters so I was proud and all kinds of happy on implementing him into the game ^^
I am glad you've enjoyed it, we released it soon to give the players hint on the story and characters involved ;) since then already lots have been updated :3 (also with new chars and events ^^)

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#30 Post by silverpikachu99 »

This game looks amazing! The character art is nicely done, and I like the way you used classic black and white :) Your art kinda reminded me of Bleach, so I fangirled for a few seconds then finally wrote this reply. Even the story seems awesome~!!! :D Good luck with progress :3
i'll cry if you yell at me