[Cancelled/Build released] Lemon Project ver 1.1

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

[Cancelled/Build released] Lemon Project ver 1.1

#1 Post by fioricca »

Summer vacation has finally arrived, so it’s time for you to get started on that summer project! Get out there, sell some lemonade, and maybe even make a few new friends. But be careful, because big trouble seems to be stirring in town…

EDIT 23/09/2014
For reasons that are somewhat long and complicated, we're cancelling the project. The incomplete build has been released and you can get it here.
Last edited by fioricca on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:11 am, edited 17 times in total.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: [Mobile; Voice; Relationship Sim; Commercial] Lemon Proj

#2 Post by Googaboga »

Oh gosh this looks and sounds amazing ;v;. I don't think I have a device that will work with this though which is sad :'D. Oh well hopefully I'll be able to get it someday. Maybe I can borrow a phone from someone I know.

I find it kind of funny that the MC isn't even a teen and everyone else is an adult X3. Well I had adult friends when I was a kid so it's not like I don't understand.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

cathsplat
Regular
Projects: Sleepless
Organization: Springchild Studio

#3 Post by cathsplat »

I READ 'KENDRA' THERE- - -
kjdfkwjhfkawhf is she the same Kendra who voices Sasha Braus on Attack on Space?

//hyperventilates//
//tries to calm down//
//can't//
//cute characters btw, especially the evil-looking-Vasilius, I can see him as a charitable vampire whoa//
//is it going to have in-app purchases?//
//IS SHE THE SAME KENDRA??//
//hyperventilates again//

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

#4 Post by Michiyo6918 »

OMG THIS PROJECT

The art sounds amazing and the character's description successfully hooked me up. djskd Torshen ammg I like him the most (and his LOL information)

But serious. The art, the art man aaaaa ;; WW ;;

Please do come out with an iOS sobs because that is all I have OTL I don't have an android aaa
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

fioricca
Veteran

#5 Post by fioricca »

Eee thank you so much for your interest, everyone! :D
Googaboga wrote:Oh gosh this looks and sounds amazing ;v;. I don't think I have a device that will work with this though which is sad :'D. Oh well hopefully I'll be able to get it someday. Maybe I can borrow a phone from someone I know.
Aww, we're sorry to say that we won't have a PC release because the gameplay simply isn't conducive for it :'D but thanks for checking this out and supporting us nonetheless!
cathsplat wrote:I READ 'KENDRA' THERE- - -
kjdfkwjhfkawhf is she the same Kendra who voices Sasha Braus on Attack on Space?

//hyperventilates//
//tries to calm down//
//can't//
//cute characters btw, especially the evil-looking-Vasilius, I can see him as a charitable vampire whoa//
//is it going to have in-app purchases?//
//IS SHE THE SAME KENDRA??//
//hyperventilates again//
Hi, it is the same Kendra! I showed her your message and she was really flattered by your support. XD She will be voicing Orina and I hope you're looking forward to it! We'll put up voice clips for everyone as soon as they're ready. The app itself is free to download but only the first four chapters of the story are free; you'll have to purchase the rest in a one-off transaction after that.
Michiyo6918 wrote:OMG THIS PROJECT

The art sounds amazing and the character's description successfully hooked me up. djskd Torshen ammg I like him the most (and his LOL information)

But serious. The art, the art man aaaaa ;; WW ;;

Please do come out with an iOS sobs because that is all I have OTL I don't have an android aaa
Yay, possibly our very first Torshen fan! Thank you so much, we're stoked that you like the characters! The iOS release poses some problems but we're committed to one, so I'm sure it'll be available! I just don't want to make promises that I might not be able to keep :'D

khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#6 Post by khnachi »

another game from nuge...*kyaaa!
this is looking really good!
the MC is only 12 and she's so adorable, though I'm kinda intrigue on the mystery genre of the game, I wonder what kind of mystery the cute little MC would be in.

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#7 Post by Arowana »

Ooh, so exciting to see your new project! xD The art is lovely, and the story and characters look super cute.

I don't know if it's just me, but when I try to unzip the demo, I get the error "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged." I tried downloading it again a few times, but I still get the same message. Is it possible to upload another copy? Sorry for the trouble. ;_;
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#8 Post by pickle131 »

- stalks this because it looks awesome -
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

cathsplat
Regular
Projects: Sleepless
Organization: Springchild Studio

#9 Post by cathsplat »

fioricca wrote: Hi, it is the same Kendra! I showed her your message and she was really flattered by your support. XD She will be voicing Orina and I hope you're looking forward to it! We'll put up voice clips for everyone as soon as they're ready. The app itself is free to download but only the first four chapters of the story are free; you'll have to purchase the rest in a one-off transaction after that.
//SPAAAAZZZZ// I can't believe she's going to be a part of a vn project *squeaaal* Oh I see, she's gonna play Orina? I bet the character's going to be amazing~^^ Send my love to her! Still can't believe she is both Sasha and Acacius (and Krista too!) on AoS dfnanfaenff. Sorry for fangirling here XD And by the way, I'm really looking forward to this project! Fighting!! (I'm honestly interested with the cast ensemble, talk about wide age gaps and different races!)

Good luck good luck!!

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

Re: Lemon Project [Relationship Sim]

#10 Post by leon »

@Arowana: There were some problems with the host earlier, so the file probably didn't get fully downloaded (it should be about 70Mb). It should be fixed now. If the problem happens again, you can use this alternate download.

fioricca
Veteran

#11 Post by fioricca »

khnachi wrote:another game from nuge...*kyaaa!
this is looking really good!
the MC is only 12 and she's so adorable, though I'm kinda intrigue on the mystery genre of the game, I wonder what kind of mystery the cute little MC would be in.
Ahh thank you so much :'D I'm glad to hear that the lemonade girl has a fan! She really is adorable.
Arowana wrote:Ooh, so exciting to see your new project! xD The art is lovely, and the story and characters look super cute.

I don't know if it's just me, but when I try to unzip the demo, I get the error "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged." I tried downloading it again a few times, but I still get the same message. Is it possible to upload another copy? Sorry for the trouble. ;_;
Ahhh it's such an honour to have you in this post *////* Thank you for checking us out, and for your supportive comments! I'm sorry about the damaged file -- I hope Leon's link works for you now?
cathsplat wrote://SPAAAAZZZZ// I can't believe she's going to be a part of a vn project *squeaaal* Oh I see, she's gonna play Orina? I bet the character's going to be amazing~^^ Send my love to her! Still can't believe she is both Sasha and Acacius (and Krista too!) on AoS dfnanfaenff. Sorry for fangirling here XD And by the way, I'm really looking forward to this project! Fighting!! (I'm honestly interested with the cast ensemble, talk about wide age gaps and different races!)

Good luck good luck!!
Thank you! Kendra herself is really stoked to have a supportive fan. Spoiler: I'm a fan of hers too, so it's really great to be able to work together with her n/////n Thanks for checking us out and I'm thrilled to hear that you like the cast!

We have an official Twitter account now! Please follow @_lemonproject and do support us. Every bit goes a long way!

Next, our main artist Elphie made some really cute V-day vectors;

Image Image

Happy Valentine's from Chris and Angelo! ♥

Finally, updates on the game; production is SMOOTH SAILING although with occasional turbulence as the winds of life toss us about. But we're still mostly on tract and will be catching with lost work soon! Kendra also told me that we've received an astonishing 45 submissions for the auditions. What can I say, all of you are too awesome. The interest really means a lot to us! But don't let the numbers stop you if you'd still like to audition; do make your way here if you're interested in helping us out. We plan to put up the last minor character up for audition sometime next week anyway so do watch the space, and please pass the post on to anyone you know who might be interested!

Again, thank you so much for all the support you've given. ♥♥ We'll do our best to bring you the best game that we can make!

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#12 Post by Morhighan »

I'll be keeping an eye on this! I like your previous work, so I'm rooting for you! ^u^
It looks great so far.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

Re: [Mobile/Relationship Simulation] Lemon Project

#13 Post by AntiquedFae »

This. looks. completely. amazing! I love it! I adore everything about it...just, so much love! :D I love fantasy things that are about day-to-day sort of life in fantasy worlds. Life and death adventures are loads of fun and very exciting, but I'm pretty certain that fantasy people have normal lives where they aren't under threat from The Great Evil and the only thing that can save them is The Chosen One every day(and if they are, then I feel very sorry for Fantasyland's residents and will send them cookies immediately). So in short I love it. The only thing which I do not love is the fact that it is only available for Android for sure. I do have an iphone, but I much prefer playing games on my computer. Bigger screen and less neck-aches. I would for sure consider buying it if it came out on iphone though. Or else steal my uncle's android and buy it on his phone...
I will proceed with commencing stalking now. :3
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

fioricca
Veteran

#14 Post by fioricca »

WHOAH BUSY WEEK unfortunately I don't have much to report back somehow, all of our members have been busy and tired and so forth -- but the good news is that everything is going really well on the voice acting front!

We put up a new character for auditions, and even after a week, we still need more submissions for him so if there's anyone you guys might know who'll be interested, please pass it on. To date we've received more than 70 submissions, which is an INCREDIBLE turnout for a little project like Lemon! We've also somehow managed to attract a number of great talent and skill -- an amazing amazing honour. We're thrilled that many VAs adore the project so far!

With great effort we've narrowed the number down to a handful who will receive crit soon. Auditions are closing at the end of the week (Thursday for North America, Friday for Asia, where I'm at) so expect voice sample updates next week. Each time I listen to the clips I just want to fangirl squee and jump down a building because they're so great ;w; I can't wait to share them with everyone!

We're also. Very very slowly working on the website. Hahgdshf I'm so sorry, between script and art and others marketing just sort of... slid out... it's the game dev bug. ;-; But a dev blog/site will definitely be up so it'll be easier for everyone to share and talk about Lemon.

The script is at 70% so far. Art is still at the preparatory phase but we'll somehow catch up like our lives depend on it (they do).

Two months in, and we're still hanging in there; we hope you'll continue to support us as you have been, and are looking forward to Lemon's release.
Morhighan wrote:I'll be keeping an eye on this! I like your previous work, so I'm rooting for you! ^u^
It looks great so far.
Thank you, such an honour to have a dedicated follower! We really hope we won't disappoint!
AntiquedFae wrote:This. looks. completely. amazing! I love it! I adore everything about it...just, so much love! :D I love fantasy things that are about day-to-day sort of life in fantasy worlds. Life and death adventures are loads of fun and very exciting, but I'm pretty certain that fantasy people have normal lives where they aren't under threat from The Great Evil and the only thing that can save them is The Chosen One every day(and if they are, then I feel very sorry for Fantasyland's residents and will send them cookies immediately). So in short I love it. The only thing which I do not love is the fact that it is only available for Android for sure. I do have an iphone, but I much prefer playing games on my computer. Bigger screen and less neck-aches. I would for sure consider buying it if it came out on iphone though. Or else steal my uncle's android and buy it on his phone...
I will proceed with commencing stalking now. :3
You've summed up Lemon better than I ever could! My programmer Leon has pestered me for a PC version, so we are considering a PC port, even if it's not a high priority and so we can't confirm that right now. We'll do our best to get it up on the Appstore though, so do continue to support us! Your stalking is much appreciated!

And that's all for now. Hopefully we'll have some more art or screenshots to show next week. Maybe even voices? Anyway, stay tuned! \o/

fioricca
Veteran

#15 Post by fioricca »

Just a quick update! As some of you would know by now, the cast list for Lemon Project has recently been announced. Please look forward to the amazing amazing voices of the following:

KENDRA BRAUN as Orina
JONAH SCOTT as Torshen
YIAN A. RUIZ as Vasilius
NATHANAEL PLATIER as Chris
VELIYA PRIME as Angelo

Voice samples should come soon. So far I've only been in 2 skype calls with these guys but they've slayed the hell out of me! I don't know how it's possible to not get attacked by fangirls on a daily basis with voices that are akin to weapons of mass destruction like those. HHnngghhhh. I'm looking forward to sharing their voices with everyone, and am planning a little something as a limited edition special as well. Stay excited!!