[WiP w/ Demo] Grayscaled Serenity [BxB][Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore
itch: soraille

[WiP w/ Demo] Grayscaled Serenity [BxB][Slice of Life]

#1 Post by ppppantsu »

PLOT
Slice of Life, Shounen-Ai
Dylan Noir is a silent kid living in a two-bedroom apartment with his mom who has been mentally abusing Dylan ever since her divorce with her husband.
While at school Dylan's been the subject of bullies due to his slim body and possibly gender preference.
Because of these, he has become a cynical boy who hardly show any emotion.

Dylan probably has lost all reasons he could have to continue living.

Tired and hopeless, he decided to sleep. Forever.

But mysteriously, when he thought finally was over, he woke up in a place that is quiet, calm, and comforting and was greeted by a girl with. . . sparkles?
There he met other people who share similar sentiments with him.

This is a story of finding one's true self, surviving obstacles, acceptance, and opening your heart to others.

Side notes: I kinda rushed in writing this because I felt like the idea was going to disappear. ; w ;
Also, the plot may subject to change (I'm feeling unsatisfied). And yep, the progress might go on really slow as I'm prioritizing in version 2.0 of Fetish.

Other info in this link~ Clickie~!

CHARACTERS
I went with a simpler style compared to the ones in Fetish.

PROGRESS:

Story: 25%
Sprites: 100%
CGs: 0% (/sobs)
Backgrounds: 70%
Music: 90% - free sources
Scripting: 25%

Release:
sometime in April

Rate
PG (?)
If uncomfortable with BxB relationships, better not play this |'D

DOWNLOAD LINKS (4shared/Mediafire) OF DEMO ARE HERE
Notes: Just scroll down till you see "Grayscaled Serenity".
WIN & MAC Platforms. Please leave a feedback if you happen to play. ; w ; )
Made a new Mediafire account coz my old one won't upload anything, so yeah, but will check my old one so the files won't just disappear. Also, NO PASSWORD this time.
Sidenotes: The other downloads there require passwords. Just check the "more info here" links and be sure to read the ones that link to LSF threads.

QUESTIONS
1. Which character appeals to you the most? Why o why~~~?
2. Is mixing in BL / Boy's Love / Shounen-Ai into the story seems interesting enough? Opinions~ (because really-- ugh)
3. Common question: What do you expect from this? (Long, short, etc).
4. Is it alright for you, as a player, if there are no or almost no CGs? ; w ; ) Like, maybe 1 CG per event. . .

Last edited by ppppantsu on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: [WiP w/ Demo] Grayscaled Serenity [BxB][Slice of Life]

#2 Post by Googaboga »

Hehe cool another game by you :mrgreen:. I love the logo and character designs.

Happy and Al. I like their names and they sound neat :3.

2. Is mixing in BL / Boy's Love / Shounen-Ai into the story seems interesting enough? Opinions~ (because really-- ugh)

Well I personally prefer games about friendship over romance but it's up to you ^^;.

I expect it to be interesting with some depressing moments. Probably not too long but a fair length.

4. Is it alright for you, as a player, if there are no or almost no CGs? ; w ; ) Like, maybe 1 CG per event.

Yeah that's fine with me.

Good luck ^^.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore

#3 Post by ppppantsu »

Googaboga wrote:Hehe cool another game by you :mrgreen:. I love the logo and character designs.

Happy and Al. I like their names and they sound neat :3.

Well I personally prefer games about friendship over romance but it's up to you ^^;.

I expect it to be interesting with some depressing moments. Probably not too long but a fair length.

4. Is it alright for you, as a player, if there are no or almost no CGs? ; w ; ) Like, maybe 1 CG per event.

Yeah that's fine with me.

Good luck ^^.

thank you for always replying in the threads. :oops: :oops: :oops:
//takes notes <3

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#4 Post by Chasing Summer »

Super pretty logo you’ve got there! c:

Question 1. Happy and Al are the most attractive and interesting , but Dylan’s design is cute, though.

Question 2. I don’t mind. I like having romance options, but it would be nice to have a non-romance ending as well.

Question 3. The only thing I expect to see is some or a lot of sad moments, and hopefully a lot of character development. But don’t mind me and my expectations. LoL.

Question 4. I do LOVE CGs, but I’ve played plenty of games without CGs (free games) and games with only one or two CGs (paid games).
new account: sonnenblumen

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#5 Post by Googaboga »

ppppantsu wrote: thank you for always replying in the threads. :oops: :oops: :oops:
//takes notes <3
No problem. I like your threads :3.

Sorry about not playing the demo though. I don't like playing demos because then it's hard to wait for the full game ^^;.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

#6 Post by Michiyo6918 »

FFFF
Already another game and it's BxB AMG //worships Pantsu forever//
I really love the logo tbh it's so clean and neat

-> Queen and Al. I really like their designs. It's just something about them that caught my attention. (Not to say I'm a sucker for white hair mysterious guy ///)

-> Absolutely fine to me. I like friendship game, but I like romance too. (BxB is a plus LMFAO)

-> A decent length game not too long but not too short (I'm fine with long game tho). Maybe will hit me with a lot of feel and angst ///

4. Is it alright for you, as a player, if there are no or almost no CGs? ; w ; ) Like, maybe 1 CG per event. . .
-> I like CGs but I'm fine without it too. As long as the story is interesting enough to hook me, I don't mind playing without CGs * V *

I shall find the time to sit down and try out the demo *w*)/ Good luck on your projects~~
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

FjärilPrincess
Regular

#7 Post by FjärilPrincess »

OMGGG.So,this is what you've been planning! :'D.The main character looks like Aoba with,er,brown hair XD.OMGGGG.I want to marry Al/Aru <3.He's mine,okay.He looks like Clear.He's an albino? Even.Better.Marry me,Aru ! <3.He reminds me of Clear AND Akise Aru (Mirai Nikki).Baammmmamamm.Sexyyy.Hahaha.Good luck.SOOO HAPPY.DOWNLOADED THE DEMOOO.IMA PLAY IT LATER.WOOOOHOOOOO :'O.I CAN'T WAITTTTT.I love the plot interesting,unique and ...mysterious :o.Mes wants to play.Okay,quesion time:
1. Aru,Dylan & Happy.CAUUUSEE.Aru: is mysterious and sexy.And...he looks like Clear.//I'msosorryIcan'thelpmyselfIwannamarryhisbeautifullygawjussmanlyClear-likeself//.He's a silent person :'o.Yaaay! Dylan: is the protaganist that I'll be playing as and I would like to know more about myself ;).XD. Happy: Because he seems so kind and mature (Idk,it just makes me really interested).かわいい *nosebleed* (Psh,so what.I only know Hiragana.PSH.).But,like,WHAT IF HAPPY IS ACTUALLY NOT HAPPY AND AND.Okay,yeah.I'm thinking too much into things.He looks like a strawberry.ICHIGO! :'O.Okay.yeah.XD.
~
2. Ehm,Yeah.Well,listen..I LOVE MYSELF ROMANCE.OKAY.FRIENDSHIP CAN ONLY GET YOU SO FAR IN LIFE ///SOB.Ahem.*cough* Orz.Anyway,I don't mind it one bit.I wanna play.*Drool* gimme..GImmeeee.GIIMMEMEMEMEMEM.I'm hyper.Marry me,Aru..*whispers*..Marry me...I don't want to be in the friendzone,bby.
~
3. Um,not much ^_^.Well,I'm hoping it's as great as it sounds <3.But I don't like to expect a lot because that puts tons of stress on the creator of the VN.So,I just simply wish you luck and do whatever YOU think will make the Visual Novel improve.
~
4. WAAA.CGS ARE MY LIFE.Hahaha XD.Jk.I love CGs,I don't know if it's just me but I love CGs when they are NEEDED.Not some random Cg all over the place.So,if you can't make any Cgs (Because I know it's a lot of work :c),that's fine with me.I'll still gladly play the game.However,if you can make one CG or CGs whenever they are actually needed,I'll very much appreciate that ,too.Either way,I'm sure it'll turn out great :'o.But listen...You don't have to do CGs for any other route other than Aru ...*cough*.
"Hey,stranger. I want you to catch me like a cold." - Panic! At The Disco,Hurricane.

ppppantsu
Veteran

#8 Post by ppppantsu »

Chasing Summer wrote:Super pretty logo you’ve got there! c:
Question 4. I do LOVE CGs, but I’ve played plenty of games without CGs (free games) and games with only one or two CGs (paid games).
thank you! :oops:
oh wow, D: I might make a few CGs (it's in my system seeing my first work with lots of CGs |'D)

Googaboga wrote: Sorry about not playing the demo though. I don't like playing demos because then it's hard to wait for the full game ^^;.
Oh no, it's okay |'DDDD It's alright. |'DDDD
I might still change that demo (kinda rushed it to continue fixing my first game)

Michiyo6918 wrote:FFFF
Already another game and it's BxB AMG //worships Pantsu forever//
I really love the logo tbh it's so clean and neat

Everyone seems to like Al |'D
well I like him too the most and Happy.
Thank you for the feedback. TTuTT <3

FjärilPrincess wrote:OMGGG.So,this is what you've been planning! :'D.The main character looks like Aoba with,er,brown hair XD.OMGGGG.I want to marry Al/Aru <3.He's mine,okay.He looks like Clear.He's an albino? Even.Better.Marry me,Aru ! <3.He reminds me of Clear AND Akise Aru (Mirai Nikki).Baammmmamamm.Sexyyy.Hahaha.Good luck.SOOO HAPPY.DOWNLOADED THE DEMOOO.IMA PLAY IT LATER.WOOOOHOOOOO :'O.I CAN'T WAITTTTT.I love the plot interesting,unique and ...mysterious :o.Mes wants to play.

AHAHAHAHAH~!!!!! Might do CGs in important scenes---- drawing them is really time-consuming |'D
well Clear does have white hair and pinkish eyes--- and omg |'DDD
I have a few characters who have albinism, |'D figured this may be a good time to make use of one of 'em.
omg, just the usual, PM me what you think X'DDD

thank you~ :oops:

Hikizuu
Projects: Colorful Eyes

#9 Post by Hikizuu »

Finished playing the demo. Wow, the coding of this game looks great! The effects, GUI, music, graphics inspired me for my upcoming game. You made me go jelly cuz I'm still starting to use RenPy ^^"

I think I like Happy. I don't know why but I like his carefree personality ^^

I like BL though. It depends on the storyline. I wouldn't like the storyline if its just all BL, I want to see some interesting twists.

Depends on you. Whether the story is long or short, the pacing should be done well.

That will still depends. I think that even without CGs, it can be saved by the storyline.

Also, one thing that bothers me. Well, I feel like the main character can be paired up with the girl named Bunny. Because she was the first one he met, I feel like expecting this would be better off as a "normal" story. Its not that I'm against with female characters in any BL stories. Of course, I'm fine with female characters as long they're interesting but with this, it feels like it might come out of BL genre =_=

I'm not sure what to say but I believe you can prove me wrong as you continue with this ^^

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by try10 »

Yay! Another game that seems interesting! AND IT'S BxB! So awesome! :D

1. Dylan is cute and his story caught my interest. I also like Al's sprite very much.
2.BL=LOVE at least for me. I LOVE BL GAMES AND I'M PROUD OF IT! ;)
3.I would like a nice game. It doesn't matter if it's long or short as long as the story is good.
4.What can I say. I personally love seeing CG's. The more the better, but since it's hard to draw them, maybe you could find someone who shares your passion and is willing to help you for free. :)

I'm glad that the demo is released. I'm downloading it to play tomorrow. :D

ppppantsu
Veteran

#11 Post by ppppantsu »

Hikizuu wrote:Finished playing the demo. Wow, the coding of this game looks great! The effects, GUI, music, graphics inspired me for my upcoming game. You made me go jelly cuz I'm still starting to use RenPy ^^"

Also, one thing that bothers me. Well, I feel like the main character can be paired up with the girl named Bunny. Because she was the first one he met, I feel like expecting this would be better off as a "normal" story. Its not that I'm against with female characters in any BL stories. Of course, I'm fine with female characters as long they're interesting but with this, it feels like it might come out of BL genre =_=

I'm not sure what to say but I believe you can prove me wrong as you continue with this ^^
I've thought of that too~! But at the back of my mind something's really urging me to make this a BL, or maybe both home and hetero. But let's see.

Thank you!!! This is my first attempt into customizing the GUI. |'DDD

try10 wrote:Yay! Another game that seems interesting! AND IT'S BxB! So awesome! :D
I'm glad that the demo is released. I'm downloading it to play tomorrow. :D
Thank you for your response! :"]

the demo is the whole intro (but of course I'll need to fix some things still. :"DDD
but yeah. ;w;

Cyca

#12 Post by Cyca »

I really like Allien because I love a good mystery. xD

YES. YES. YES. YES. We need more BL simulators.

It looks really good. I actually have high hopes for this. I keep this in my bookmarks because I am waiting to play it. I'm very excited. xD

1 CG per event is enough. I mean, the game doesn't have to be flashy. For me, the plot is more important than anything.

Is it alright if I ask if this is free to play?

kino-san
Regular
Completed: Amongst the Seasons
Projects: A whole load of ideas in my head..
Organization: None as of yet..
Deviantart: kino-san

#13 Post by kino-san »

Hey!

It's always great to see more BL games because yaoi,BL and shounen ai is my jam! (and I think there's NOT enough BL games released compared to other genres.)

It's so admirable for you to code these BL games for others to enjoy. The world needs more BL games! While I don't have much time to play your demo because I am coding my own BL game. I wanted to pop in and give my thoughts in hopes that it will help you.

Ahh I can't decide between all these boys! I like all of them! I hate making decisions. (so I can't really help you on that but good job on making me like ALL of the male descriptions and deisgns)

A thousand times yes, it is a BL game and a BL game should be as gay as possible. But from reading the plot summary it is already interesting enough. So you really shouldn't worry about it.

I think it's not a matter of length. It's about the story itself. If you think the story is short make it short (don't drag it out) if the story is very long then make it long! I won't mind as long as the story and it's pacing is good. As for what I expect from the plot itself is a coming of age story, the main character is lonely and will meet and open up to others. So I expect the story to have angst, heartwarming and sad moments (if there are dark elements would be good too.).

Hmm CGs are important to highlight important events of the story. But like again if the story and writing is good enough it can be forgiven. I understand if you don't have enough time to draw lots and lots of CGs, sprites are enough really.

I hope that would help you with the development of this visual novel.