Parallel Hearts(Otome,Romance,Mature)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sleipnir56
Veteran
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings

Parallel Hearts(Otome,Romance,Mature)

#1 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Canceled?- I don't really have much motivation to write games anymore. This also goes for the other two games I've done. It's just not fun like it was when I first started. The only one that I might do if I want to keep writing is In His Eyes, but this one and Chocolate Kiss are probably going to stop soon. As some might known I've dealt with depressions, and I'm dealing with it right now. It has not been a very good time for me, and I just don't think this is doing it for me. The game has been rewritten a lot, and I wanted to get new art, but I'm not sure that's happening. I'm really upset with this and some others thing to. Might not even do In His Eyes either. Still, I'm sorry for people who were looking forward to this game, and any others I've done. There might be a small chance that I will keep with them, but I don't know. Making games aren't fun anymore...

made by the wonderful MusicAO

Plot-Verena is no super model. She's been a big girl for her whole life and has struggled with feeling comfortable in her own skin. A part of her still recalls the horrible bullying she went through. But despite this, she does her best to live and to love herself for who she is.

She meets Hiro Himura, a quiet boy, who is next in line to run his family business. In an unexpected turn of events, she invites him into her home in order to "accept" his apology. Things go well and Verena quickly befriends him because of their mutual love for manga. But tragedy strikes soon after and Verena finds herself without a home. Hiro, guilty over what happened, invites her to stay with him, Though reluctant, she moves in with Hiro and his family. Things get worse when she realizes that she 'll be living in a house full of men. It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't have fear or distrust of them.

Throughout the story, Verena slowly begins to gain a new family, something that she hasn't had in a long time, a new confidence in herself and learns that love can come in all shapes and sizes.

Characters

Name-Verena Ibishi
Birthday-March 3
Sign-Pieces
Age-19
Hobbies-Writing and Being an Otaku
Likes-Reading, Food,Anime, Video Games, Swimming, Sleeping, Helping Others,Being at College
Dislikes-Bugs,Liars, Betrayal, Hated High School, Math, Make-Up, Nasty People
Personality-Lazy,Determined,Somewhat Shy, Bit of a Loner, Kind, Tomboyish, Can be Easily Angered,Creative
Quote-"Not matter what shape or size you are, one can always be beautiful."
Bio-Our main character. She is a heavy set girl and has had a tough high school life. Verena is an ambitious, kind, imaginative, and sometimes a lazy girl who's dream is to complete her first novel. She has a long standing love affair with food and can easily tell when something is home made vs not. Verena also has a tendency to be a bit vengeful when hurt or betrayed and doesn't take too lying well. Has a hate for make-up and distrusts boys.

Name -Hiro Himura
Birthday-November 4th
Sign-Scorpio
Age-19
Hobbies-Gardening,Working
Likes-Plants, Video Games, His Family, Verena,Detective Shows,Freedom
Dislikes-Fighting with Ryu, Heights, Being Forced to do Things, Bugs,
Personality-Awkward, Kind, Stoic, A Little Impatient,
Quote-"I owe you everything...For what I did to you....I owe you my life..."
Bio-Second to oldest of the Himura family. Hiro is set to take over the family company if anything should happen to Jun. Hiro is shy and a bit of a loner. He cares deeply for his family and wishes that they couls get their act together. He strikes a fast friendship with Verena because of their love for Manga. Though gentle and kind, Hiro does have a way of keeping secrets, and this could cost him his friendship with Verena.
Name-Ryu Himura
Birthday-December 25
Sign-Capricorn
Age-18
Hobbies-Cooking and Fighting
Likes-Fighting,Food,Nighttime,Liam, His Family,Anime,Horror,Sonia?,Cats
Dislikes-Losing to Hiro, Water, Failing, Stupid or Rude People,Boredom
Personality-Short-Tempered, Rude, Violent When Angered, Protecting,Emotional
Quote-"Whenever I look into the mirror, I see nothing but a shadow."
Bio-The younger brother of Hiro and Jun, and twin of Liam. Ryu is a distant boy who enjoys going out at night. Unlike his older brothers he has no desire to work in the business world. Instead, he much rather spend his time cooking. At the moment he works secretly at the bar in order to make his own money. He's emotional but doesn't express how he's feeling and this causes many to become confused by him. It appears that he also has feelings for Sonia but resents the fact that she is marrying his brother.

Name-Liam Himura
Birthday-December 26
Sign-Capricorn
Age-18
Hobbies-Caring for Animals
Likes-Animals, His family, Romance Novels and Shows, The Outside World, Painting
Dislikes-Being Sick, Fighting, Ryu Leaving at Night, Being Alone
Personality-Sweet,Kind,Gentle, Naive,Trusting,Sincere
Quote-"I wish I was like a bird. I could fly away and not be confined to a single place."
Bio-Youngest brother of the Himura family. Liam is a gentle boy who longs to venture the world. Because of his sickness though, he can't go to far from the house. Out of everyone in his family, Liam is the most stable. He does however, has a sense of naivety and is too trusting. Liam doesn't take to being alone well either and becomes happy when Jun 'hires' Rena to watch out for him. Liam also has a special ability to bring out the best in people, including his twin brother Ryu.

Name-Reno Himura
Birthday-July 15
Sign-Cancer
Age-20
Hobbies-Making Music
Likes-Having Fun, All Music, Sleeping,Partying, Pranks,Sweets,Comics(Manga)
Dislikes-School, Waking Up Early,Being Ignored, His Parents
Personality-Funny, Energetic, Hyper, Childish,Prankster,Mischievous
Quote-"You gotta know how to have fun if you really want to know how to live."
Bio-Cousin of the Himura family and all around prankster. Reno has a deep love for music and enjoys all kinds. He doesn't like school much but out of respect for Jun taking him in, he goes to college. Out of all in his family, Reno is the most active. He only needs little sleep to have full energy for the day. Though close to everyone in his family, Reno is closest to Ryu. Despite being funny and energetic, Reno does have a dark side and can't stand being reminded of his family.
Name-Jun Himura
Birthday-May 5
Sign-Taurus
Age-25
Hobbies-Managing the Family Business
Likes-Working, Thinking, Outsmarting His Oppents,Women, His Family, Writing, Dogs,Drinking, Art,Flirting
Dislikes-Vacations, Arguing, Losing, Spiders, Drama
Personality-Smart, Wise, Immature, Workaholic, Charismatic, Romantic, Controlling
Quote-"He left me in charge of this family. I will protect them all, even if they hate me for it."
Bio-Oldest brother of the Himura family and head of the house. Jun is a hard working, smart man who takes his business seriously. Despite that, he does have a romantic side and enjoys flirting with all women. Jun does have a inferiority complex with his father and this causes him a fair amount of stress in his daily life. His family believes him to be unstoppable, but Jun secretly has fears of losing his family. Can also be very controlling and this can cause his darker side to emerge. Also somewhat immature when going out partying.
Update 07/15/14-Hey guys. Been a while since I've updates. I've decided that this game needs it's own art style and am recruiting someone. Hopefully I'll find someone in the next few days and can get new art. If not, then I'll just keep with what I've got.
Features
Funny Main Character
5 Romance Options (For now. Might get rid of one.)
Calm Music
Dynamic Story
Progress
Story-55%
Coding-20%
Sprites-90%
Backgrounds-40%
Music-100%
CG's-0%
GUI-0%
Author's Note-Okay. So a solid game. The sprites were originally for Deadly Desire but I scrapped the game. I just couldn't make a good foundation for it. This game is based on a story I wrote a couple of years ago. I thought it be cool to turn it into a game so I decided to do just that. Right now I'm having some trouble with finding a CG artist.
Anyway, here are a set of questions for you all about the game
What do you think of the plot?
Do you like the characters?
If so, then who do you like the most?
Do you like the art?
Credits-Tokudaya for the sprites
Story-By me
Script-By me
CG'S-By Ouiza at deviantart. Thank you so much :) . You're making this game possible
Proofreaders- AoyamaReika, Juneberry (Thanks guys :) )

For more info of Parallel and my other two games, go here. Thanks :)
http://sleiphericwingsgames.blogspot.com/
Last edited by Sleipnir56 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 40 times in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Heavy Set (GXB)(,Comdey, Romance, Drama)

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

It's pretty rare for a person to be attending high school at age nineteen. If a person had severe illnesses lasting months/years, or if some major life-changing event happened, then maybe it's possible... A person can also pursue a GED, or consider community colleges that offer two-year courses.

Plot is a bit similar to Girlish Love Revolution. (There's a positive aticle about it on Gametell. I remember a bunch of fans having negative reactions to just the premise *years* before anyone talked about translating it.) Consider how you'll benefit with this comparison. Also, I'd recommend not including simulation game elements unless you're already dedicated to writing and programming them.

Sleipnir56
Veteran

Re: Heavy Set (GXB)(,Comdey, Romance, Drama)

#3 Post by Sleipnir56 »

gekiganwing wrote:It's pretty rare for a person to be attending high school at age nineteen. If a person had severe illnesses lasting months/years, or if some major life-changing event happened, then maybe it's possible... A person can also pursue a GED, or consider community colleges that offer two-year courses.

Plot is a bit similar to Girlish Love Revolution. (There's a positive aticle about it on Gametell. I remember a bunch of fans having negative reactions to just the premise *years* before anyone talked about translating it.) Consider how you'll benefit with this comparison. Also, I'd recommend not including simulation game elements unless you're already dedicated to writing and programming them.

I'm sorry about the confusion with school. She's in college. I meant that she hated high school and being bullied.

As for the story, it's nothing like this 'Girlish Love Revolution'. The story I'm writing comes from a personal place. I know what it feels like to be overweight because I'm been it for my entire life.

Verena isn't going to change herself one bit. She goes to live with the Himura's because she has no other place to go. The guys don't want her to change either. When a path is chosen, that certain guy will fall for her because of the way she is and her personality, along with trying to help her understand that she is beautiful the way she is.

Verena is meant to be a strong yet insecure woman. She dislikes men because of how some treated her in the past. She would never change herself for a guy and continues to be who she is.

I'm writing this story to show people who feel like they're not good enough, or who struggle with their self image, can always find love and that they are beautiful in their own way.

I want this to be an inspiring game. It relates to me and most likely some others. I'll do my best to make a game that can make someone feel better about themselves.

I'm grateful for you for telling me this as well and am sorry if the game came out like that.

Sleipnir56
Veteran

Re: Parallel Hearts (GXB)(,Comdey, Romance, Drama,Otome)

#4 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Looking for some early feedback. Anyway help is wanted. Thanks

BrokenAngel75
Regular

#5 Post by BrokenAngel75 »

I'm sorry that it's difficult for you to get this game going. I hope some other people will give it a chance and encourage you. I think the game will be good. I don't think it's anything like Love Revolution. That games degrading. I wish you luck on this and give you my support. :)

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#6 Post by Sleipnir56 »

BrokenAngel75 wrote:I'm sorry that it's difficult for you to get this game going. I hope some other people will give it a chance and encourage you. I think the game will be good. I don't think it's anything like Love Revolution. That games degrading. I wish you luck on this and give you my support. :)
Thanks. It's true that it's not doing well. I don't think people are that interested in it. At the moment I'm writing Chocolate Kiss though. Still, I hope to get some kind of small feedback. But thanks for the encouragement

angeliza
Regular
Completed: 0
Projects: 0
Organization: Currently free lancing in order to gain experience

#7 Post by angeliza »

I find it very interesting...as a victem of bullying myself, I not only symphasize with the main character, but I'm excited to see how her story will go...
...and how her character will change and develop!

I wish you the best of luck.^^

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#8 Post by akemicchi »

It's good to hear it's not like Girlish Love Revolution in the sense that the MC isn't going to change to conform to the whims of the boys (or the boys ultimately wanting to change her because they don't want a girlfriend that isn't under the minimum weight requirements). I played that game and-- whileithadadmittedlyfungamemechanics-- I felt angry and offended that the game was all about losing weight in all the right areas to impress the boys. Everyone felt like a jerk. ;;;

Question! Will the story be a mix of the previous game you scrapped? ovo Or will the premise be different, even if the backstories/names are similar?

1) What do you think of the plot?
The plot actually sounds really vague-- I actually have no idea what it's about. TvT What's the setting? What's the conflict? Obviously it will focus on 'imperfections', but that's kind of really vague. What's the genre? There's a supposedly 'funny' heroine, but the story sounds like it'll be a drama.

2) Do you like the characters?
I can't stop thinking of them as the characters from Deadly Desire since they share the same backstories and names. I kind of see them as all backstabby and somewhat deserving of whatever revenge goes their way, ahaha. ;;

3) If so, then who do you like the most?
Everyone seems like they'll stab the other person in the back. /weep Hiro maybe, but I'm guessing he's going to bet he's not as innocent as he seems he is, ahaha.

4) Should I keep Liam?
That depends. Does he play an important role in the story? :) If he does, you should definitely keep him. If his role can be fulfilled by someone else, you could consider giving that role to someone else. Either way, it's your choice what to do with Liam. \o/

5) Should it be a dating sim?
Dating sims are hard to make so if you're up for it, go for it. Still, why a dating sim? What stats would you raise for your game? How important are those stats? There's a lot to think about.

Regardless, I'm curious to see what you'll come up with. ovo/ Good luck with your game!!

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#9 Post by Sleipnir56 »

angeliza wrote:I find it very interesting...as a victem of bullying myself, I not only symphasize with the main character, but I'm excited to see how her story will go...
...and how her character will change and develop!

I wish you the best of luck.^^
Thank you. You and I both, as I'm sure many others have, have been bullied. I just hope it's inspiring for someone. Thanks again :)

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#10 Post by Sleipnir56 »

akemicchi wrote:It's good to hear it's not like Girlish Love Revolution in the sense that the MC isn't going to change to conform to the whims of the boys (or the boys ultimately wanting to change her because they don't want a girlfriend that isn't under the minimum weight requirements). I played that game and-- whileithadadmittedlyfungamemechanics-- I felt angry and offended that the game was all about losing weight in all the right areas to impress the boys. Everyone felt like a jerk. ;;;

Question! Will the story be a mix of the previous game you scrapped? ovo Or will the premise be different, even if the backstories/names are similar?

1) What do you think of the plot?
The plot actually sounds really vague-- I actually have no idea what it's about. TvT What's the setting? What's the conflict? Obviously it will focus on 'imperfections', but that's kind of really vague. What's the genre? There's a supposedly 'funny' heroine, but the story sounds like it'll be a drama.

2) Do you like the characters?
I can't stop thinking of them as the characters from Deadly Desire since they share the same backstories and names. I kind of see them as all backstabby and somewhat deserving of whatever revenge goes their way, ahaha. ;;

3) If so, then who do you like the most?
Everyone seems like they'll stab the other person in the back. /weep Hiro maybe, but I'm guessing he's going to bet he's not as innocent as he seems he is, ahaha.

4) Should I keep Liam?
That depends. Does he play an important role in the story? :) If he does, you should definitely keep him. If his role can be fulfilled by someone else, you could consider giving that role to someone else. Either way, it's your choice what to do with Liam. \o/

5) Should it be a dating sim?
Dating sims are hard to make so if you're up for it, go for it. Still, why a dating sim? What stats would you raise for your game? How important are those stats? There's a lot to think about.

Regardless, I'm curious to see what you'll come up with. ovo/ Good luck with your game!!
I'm a bit angry about that game and it's premise. It really makes people feel bad and teaches the lesson that one should change for a guy. It's sad that people don't realize it's true message. :(

Answer-The back stories are going to change a bit but the names are going to stay. I've grown to like them a lot :D . Some of the ideas from the previous game may be added but I'm not sure. I've got to go over the last game again and see

1.It's a romance/drama with some comedy. She's funny not in the way of a comedian but in the way of her tongue. As for the summary, I'm very bad at them. I'm surprised that I came up with even this. I'm sorry if it's vague. It's hard for me to think of a really good one. As for the conflict Verena struggles with her lack of trust in guys and her own self confidence . Each guy will have a set of problems like Hiro
marrying her sister. (Sorry if that spoiled something for you) and the fact that he can't live up to Jun
2.Sorry once again. Heavy Set was a failed project and I couldn't make a good story around it. Eventually I decided to go and write a Vn for an story I was writing. I changed them a bit but they are the same to. I hope that's not to big of a problem.

3.That is right. Hiro isn't as innocent but he's not going to back stab. I'm surprised you feel like the others are back stabbers. Ryu and Jun maybe but Liam and Reno are actually really nice.

4.Thanks :D . I'll keep that in mind. Right now I might have him to be the most stable of the family. Also, I've been thinking about what you said and might change their back stories a bit.

5.I tried the dating sim coding and it is hard. I figured some of it out but it's just not doing well, so I've decided to go back to the standard form. It's a bit easier. (Got to erase that question.)

Thanks for you advice. I really appreciate it :D . I'm truly sorry to you and anyone that saw what I did before with these guys. I hope they aren't boring for you and will play the game when it comes out.

Sleipnir56
Veteran

Re: Parallel Hearts (GXB,Comdey, Romance, Drama)(New Logo ^_

#11 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Update-02/06/14

Just finished the first chapter of the game. It's very excited because I'm finally getting it into the works.

Screenshots also coming soon

BrokenAngel75
Regular

#12 Post by BrokenAngel75 »

Really beautiful logo. The person who did this did a really good job. And cool that you finished the first chapter :)

Kayber

#13 Post by Kayber »

I'm actually really interested to see what happens with this game. The protagonist sounds pretty different from the typical VN damsels, and that's mostly what caught my eye.

I think the plot, from what you've stated, has the potential to be pretty heartwarming. I understand not being good at summaries - I suck at them - so there's not a ton to go by so far. But I'm interested.

From the tidbits above, yes. Seems like a good cast.

I like Jun's design and Reno's bio. With Jun's bio I would say that someone being "wise" and "immature" is kind of impossible, since they're opposites, but you know the characters better than I do so I'll have to see how you pull it off :P

Do you like the art?
No complaints from me; seems to be a lot better than most I've seen.

Good luck with this, and don't give up!

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#14 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Kayber wrote:I'm actually really interested to see what happens with this game. The protagonist sounds pretty different from the typical VN damsels, and that's mostly what caught my eye.

I think the plot, from what you've stated, has the potential to be pretty heartwarming. I understand not being good at summaries - I suck at them - so there's not a ton to go by so far. But I'm interested.

From the tidbits above, yes. Seems like a good cast.

I like Jun's design and Reno's bio. With Jun's bio I would say that someone being "wise" and "immature" is kind of impossible, since they're opposites, but you know the characters better than I do so I'll have to see how you pull it off :P

Do you like the art?
No complaints from me; seems to be a lot better than most I've seen.

Good luck with this, and don't give up!
I've always had a hard time with mc and I thought no one would really like her. I'm glad that she cool to you. I'm trying to make her be a character people like

1.Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has the problem. It's really hard to come up with a good one and that's always been one of my biggest.

2. Thanks again :D

3. I'm glad you find Reno interesting. Sadly, he's the hardest guy to write but I'm doing my best with him. As for Jun, he's immature when out of work but is wise when dealing with problems. :)

4.It's from Tokudaya. They make very pretty art :)

Thanks, once again, and I appreciate you telling me your thoughts :)

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#15 Post by Sleipnir56 »

BrokenAngel75 wrote:Really beautiful logo. The person who did this did a really good job. And cool that you finished the first chapter :)