Re:Set Episode 3 : It's Raining Acid [Beta Up]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re:Set Episode 3 : It's Raining Acid [Beta Up]

#1 Post by azureXtwilight »

I decided not to post anything until I have enough to show.

Story:

Two demons caught, five more to go. This time the demon-hunting duo got themselves involved with yet another series of people dissappearance, but with a letter of challenge from the preperator "Catch me if you can", and then one by one bodies of the dissappeared people are returned one by one, in a horribly disfigured way, seems like they got poured in acid and melted. Meanwhile, Mike wants to track the person she gave a "gift" to and Gerald seems to be suspected as the serial killer in question...

Features!
- Those awesome stuff you've seen in the first game (RPG battle, click and point adv)
- Shorter investigations
- Longer word count, probably
- Branching paths!
- Some murders
- Debate and Interrogation stuff
- More randomness
- Cue guest Doppelganger character appearance

Characters

Available fighters :

Michelle Vinson / Mike (17)
re_set_episode_3___michelle_vinson_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d6xr5r7.jpg
Mike never got to cut her hair again after that day, and instead tied it into a ponytail. After episode 2, she realized the origin of Vestigials and decided to try to take matters on her own and be less dependent of Gerald.

Gerald
ep_3_sprite____gerald_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d6xk4ip.jpg
After the events of episode 2 he has quite calmed down considerably. Even though he still have some secrets he hide from Mike, he's realized it's time for him to move forward. Living with Mike for a few months has gotten a little to him, which also made him cusses at some occurrence (that he regrets afterwards). Gerald also learned to make normal friends outside Mike which also helped him cope with "life as a normal human being".

Arthur Nicol (19)
re_set_episode_3___arthur_nicol_sprite_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d6veh2w.jpg
Arthur Nicol is a pkayable MC and a freshman at HiAlt University, majoring in computer science. He is Lucia's younger brother and works part-time as his nephews and niece's nanny. He is a dork and can be quite naive, but all-around a very good person. Arthur idolizes God_Mode and wanted to meet him again someday. He has a crush on his classmate Evelyn, and quick to make friends with Gerald.

River Coen (12)
re_set_episode_3___river_coen_sprite_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d6wao7b.jpg
River Coen is a very genius detective, he was able to solve a difficult case despite his 12-years old age. He's shorter than most kids which makes him a little insecure, and to make up for that he tend to point out everyone else's flaw and idiocy.

Neo Marshall (32)
re_set_episode_3___neo_marshall_sprite_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d6v9kte.jpg
Captain of the homicide precinct in the Police Department, and father of four children. He haven't changed ever since he was in Doppelganger, but he's not less brash and is more open to people. Even though he has stopped smoking entirely, he enjoys drinking every now and then. Neo loves to tease people, especially Arthur and Lucia.

Lucia Marshall (27)
re_set_episode_3__lucia_marshall_sprite_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d6v9ui2.jpg
Lucia Marshall is a prosecutor called "The Dragoness" due to her very straightforward and strict demeanor. She is a workaholic and is very serious about everything she does. Despite her cold behavior, she has a gentle nature and cares a lot about other people. Is currently married to Captain Marshall.

Drake Preston (?)
re_set_episode_3___drake_preston_sprite_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d6wb5a5.jpg
Drake is a journalist who generally doesn't seem to be interested in anything., except for news. He can be absolutely messy and looks sleepy most of the time. He always walk around suspiciously at night, and relies in coffee. He also tends to mumble quietly and spook people.

Akane Akatsurugi (19)
re_set_episode_3___akane_akatsurugi_sprite_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d6wc2za.jpg
Akane is Arthur's classmate, and the best friend of Evelyn Summers, the girl Arthur is currently crushing on. She has a lifelong goal to make the best video game ever. She also idolizes Coren's books to some degree. Akane is an otaku, and changes her name to Akane due to her love of Japanese stuff. She wishes to marry a modern version of samurai, but a ninja will suffice.

Seth Reinard (?)
re_set_episode_3___seth_reinard_sprite_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d6wh4ch.jpg
He an be found hanging around campus, although Phil and Arthur says there's a change he might not be a student. If you finished ending 2, Seth made a brief appearance as the person Ryuuzaki reports to. He introduces himself to mike as a "Fellow Demon Hunter". Seth is generally easy-going, but he tends to be cocky and looks down to other people, especially, since he's extremely tall, even taller than Gerald.

Phillip Bennett (19)
ep_3_sprite____phillip_bennett_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d6wsv7b.jpg
A year ago Mike almost won a contest and got a chance to obtain scholarship to the best business school in the country and her score is tied with someone, she gave him the scholarship rights instead because he is a third year student and needed it more. Phil was that person, and he wanted to give Mike a watch as a thank-you gift. Possible Rival?

Screenshots!
gui.jpg
ep_3____screenshots_3_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d74gnea.jpg
Demo download : http://mementomori.vnovel.com/download/ ... o-version/
Last edited by azureXtwilight on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: Re:Set Episode 3 : It's Raining Acid [RPG/VN]

#2 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Awww yeah, episode 3 finally has a name! You never told me that (or maybe I missed it somewhere). Anyway, I am excited, especially when it goes into beta!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

FjärilPrincess
Regular

#3 Post by FjärilPrincess »

OMGG ! Yay ! An episode 3 <3.Finally.I'm so happy that you've decided to start working on the third episode of this fantastic series ^_^.Emg. :oops: ....//blush Neo and Arthur,though <3.Michelle and Gerald look adorable (Psh.Obviously ;)) .Haha XD.I like how you always add new characters in every episode :'o.Drake,you look suspicious... 8) .Akane sounds so cool ;D! I'm loving the plot,art and GUI,as usual :'D.Okay.I shall now go subscribe to that topic and await more updates :lol: .Good luck! ^o^.
"Hey,stranger. I want you to catch me like a cold." - Panic! At The Disco,Hurricane.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#4 Post by azureXtwilight »

Kokoro Hane wrote:Awww yeah, episode 3 finally has a name! You never told me that (or maybe I missed it somewhere). Anyway, I am excited, especially when it goes into beta!
Oh, I believe I wrote it somewhere, but now you know~
FjärilPrincess wrote:OMGG ! Yay ! An episode 3 <3.Finally.I'm so happy that you've decided to start working on the third episode of this fantastic series ^_^.Emg. :oops: ....//blush Neo and Arthur,though <3.Michelle and Gerald look adorable (Psh.Obviously ;)) .Haha XD.I like how you always add new characters in every episode :'o.Drake,you look suspicious... 8) .Akane sounds so cool ;D! I'm loving the plot,art and GUI,as usual :'D.Okay.I shall now go subscribe to that topic and await more updates :lol: .Good luck! ^o^.
Thank you! XD This is a really new ground for me since I don't have to remake it from a previous episodes :') I hope you like this one too~

mika.magu

#5 Post by mika.magu »

AHAHAHA When I was reading Lucia's description, I just snickered at "Is currently married to Captain Marshall." cause I suddenly thought "Hmm... So she is CURRENTLY married to Captain Marshall... CURRENTLY." >xDD Made me think that they'd break up HAHAHA

But YAY!~ We're having screenshots now!~ WHICH MEANS IT'S ALMOST TIME. Arthur is just too--- I cannot describe AHHHH. And dang. Lucia and Neo have really matured since Doppelganger TuT Makes me all teary thinking about it.

MIKE'S HAIR IS GETTING LONGER. Flaunt that hair, girl! :)))) I LOVE the menu!!! I can really see Arthur's gonna be good friends with them </3

And there goes Seth. He really doesn't look like a student of the university >xD I'M STILL CONFUSED AT WHAT I THINK ABOUT IT GRR

I'm so excited to see them all in visual novel action <33 >:)

EDIT: ALSO GERALD. I JUST REALIZED THOSE SCARS ON HIS ARMS :OO OH AND VEINS. Gerald's such a cutie tho. Honestly, it took me a while before I got used to him and LOVED HIS ENTIRETY MASCULINITY MEHEHEHE

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#6 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thanks for the encouragements XD I am planning to release a demo sometime next week! :D

KiYa

#7 Post by KiYa »

First off, a little bit trolling to do:
azureXtwilight wrote:Mike never got to cut her hair again after that day, and instead tied it into a ponytail.
A p-p-ponytail Mike?! XD I can't believe that I'm alive to see such developments. //tears//
azureXtwilight wrote: River Coen is a very genius detective, he was able to solve a difficult case despite his 12-years old age.
Am I the only one who thinks of Conan Edogawa? XD
azureXtwilight wrote: Captain of the homicide precinct in the Police Department, and father of four children. He haven't changed ever since he was in Doppelganger, but he's not less brash and is more open to people.
FOUR CHILDREN?! Already?! How much time has passed since then? XD

Btw, it's nice to see quick updates from Re:Set Series. Good luck, keep up your hard work and I'll always root you from a dark corner in the shadows. (It-its not like I'm stalking you or anything!)
*Too busy playing PSP to make a signature*

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#8 Post by azureXtwilight »

KiYa wrote:First off, a little bit trolling to do: A p-p-ponytail Mike?! XD I can't believe that I'm alive to see such developments. //tears//

I plan to make Mike's hair grow bit by bit until the final episode.
KiYa wrote:Am I the only one who thinks of Conan Edogawa? XD

No, no. It's a nice way to make a lot of Metantei Conan reference
KiYa wrote:FOUR CHILDREN?! Already?! How much time has passed since then? XD

Ten years. Let's say Neo never gave Lucia a break XD
KiYa wrote:Btw, it's nice to see quick updates from Re:Set Series. Good luck, keep up your hard work and I'll always root you from a dark corner in the shadows. (It-its not like I'm stalking you or anything!)

Aw, thank you so much. I'm so happy someone appreciates my work :')

Now have a Dio sprite as an update~
Attachments
he.jpg

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#9 Post by azureXtwilight »

Demo is up, download link on first post :D

Lyyli
Regular

Re: Re:Set Episode 3 : It's Raining Acid [Demo]

#10 Post by Lyyli »

I'll play the demo as soon as I'm done with the previous episodes :3
Meep.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#11 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thanks a lot!Please leave a feedback when you can :)

mika.magu

#12 Post by mika.magu »

FINALLY. The demo's out!!! THIS MEANS THE EPISODE IS FINALLY NEAR ITS FINAL STAGES YAY YAY YAY. (Hooray for caps lock and intensity)

I love how Gerald teases Mike a lot and she reacts so much to what he says xDD It really shows how comfortable they are with each other now. It's also nice how Gerald's seriously taking his way of thinking into consideration and taking steps into addressing this problem!
(referring to the psychiatrist appointments)
It also shows good character growth and maturity on Gerald's part! You can see how really affected he was by the events of the last ep!!! ><

Also, I like how the choices can lead to a lot of different reactions on Gerald's part HAHAHA
(I'm referring to the conversation Mike has with Gerald about Phil)
. I can't wait for the full episode to check out how Gerald will crumble against his co-dependency issues with Mike!!! >:) YES I'M A SADIST TOO.

Moving on though, the layout for evidences has certainly been improved as compared to the last episode!!! It's easier to work with now, so I'm glad you improved that!!! :D

AND CAN I JUST SAY BY THE WAY THAT I LOVE DRAKE'S VOICE HAHAHAHA //SHOT

River hasn't made much of an impression on me yet in the beginning, but I'm pretty sure he has something to do with everything >D and Akane--- WAIT CAN I JUST SAY SOMETHING WITH THE CLUES BOOK GERALD HAD HAHAHA. I loved his info on Akane, it was hilarious!!! >xD

But yeah!!!~ Not much yet has been covered here (since it's just the intro), but damn!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FULL EPISODE, AZURE :"DD

I really enjoyed the Q&A after finishing the demo. ASDFGHJKL HOW NEO PROPOSED TO LUCIA THOUGH.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#13 Post by Coren »

Aaaand now demo time after three failed downloads and one computer smashing and now time to playyy.

Running commentary time!

- Ohai thar Erin. I know who you are mwahahahaha.
- NOBODY WANTED GERALD IN THEIR TEAM.
- Guys did I hear that right
- NOBODY WANTED GERALD IN THEIR TEAM.
- Stupid kids I'll
- Aww k Erin
- I just realized Erin sounds like Eren but she's more like Mikasa
- Okay nevermind
- ERIN YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON
- CANT YOU SEE THE POOR BOY'S TRAUMATIZED BY SPORTS
- WHAI DID YOU FORCE HIM
- Ugurrhhh you
- Next scene!
- Ohai shady doctor
- Are you quack
- quack quack
- Oh quackers
- Doc you don't just talk about killing people to your patient
- Doc you need therapy
- bet 10 cups of coffee the doc's a serial killer
- and my little dog too
- First choice? Okay, I choose to suck it up.
(apparently I just lost the chance to torture the living shit out of him?)
- SPIDERMAN MIKE
- Wait wtf you were serious
- Mike you need therapy
- You dreamt of Cthulhu?
- WHY AREN'T YOU IN THERAPY
- MADE IN CHINA
- AMAZING AND AUTHENTIC
- just dont drop them they're not freaking nokias
- And you still remember the eloping flower
- mike therapy pls
- just
- therapy
- Lucia and Neo's daughter
- is freaking Lara Croft
- Mario, Leon, Lara WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY
- MARILYN MANSON oh god this is cracking me up
- Lucia now reminds me of Mia from Pheonix Wright
- ... YourFace.
- No, seriously, YourFace. What is this universe
- Wait Neo aren't you a policeman? And you recently discovered a dead body and you're leaking info to Arthur, who is completely unrelated to the case? YOU NEED TO GET ARRESTED. LIKE NOW.
- Phil I'm sueing you for harrassment
- Is that how you greet a lady - "Your hair looks shorter than expected"?
- Phil you're an idiot
- Coren you're a genius
- freaking creepy gerald and his self proclaimed girlfriend arghh
- LOL AKANE REALLY LIKES ACTING LIKE SHE'S IN AN ANIME
- I'm liking River already. "Punctual... I like that."
- Let me guess. Phil's gonna die at some point. I'm calling it.
- Hahaha Azure not all Type-A's are organized and shizz ya know
- LOL River is Detective Conan
- Crop Circle ahahahaaha
- HAHAHAHA Gerald mistook Akane and Arthur for a couple and River their son
- I like how snarky Gerald's clues are
- I like Neo
- Is Drake Preston married? Why does he have a ring on his left ring finger?
- Kitty Kat bars
- Ahahaha I think I know who gave him the ring now

Okay I'm doneeeee
Wheeeeee
Phil is definitely dead meat
I know who the culprit is
Drake definitely survives cos he avoided the death flag

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#14 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Ah I forgot to post my thoughts on the demo! So I shall do it now (better late than never...)

First of all, so far this looks like it's going to be the best one yet. It's nice to see re:Set tread new territory, since the last two were just remakes of the original two episodes. The choice of music is amazing as ever; fitting each scene and mood perfectly. Of course, Neo and Lucia present makes this episode all the more awesome, and even the new characters introduced such as River, Akane, and that journalist dude are nice to have around.

What I also love is instead of just the usual 2 POVs of Gerald and Mike, you add a third, Arthur Nicol! I always loved him in Doppelganger and now we get to see through his eyes! Yes, more screen time!

The story itself of course is very interesting. A string of bizzare murders; definitely a perfect atmosphere also with the Doppel characters you chose to include this time. Also, I LOVED the flashback at the beginning, it was so cute! Even though this seems to be a pretty serious story, obviously, I love how the usual humor remains, and very very good this time around! (Not that it wasn't good before, but I like how you can meld random comic relief and serious situations seamlessly).

Also, the demo epilogue of fans' answered questions (oh my gosh, one of mine was in there XD) by the cast of episode 3 was a cool addition! All in all, this makes me quite hungry for episode 3's full version, and so far I have no idea how the other episodes will beat this one's awesomeness.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#15 Post by azureXtwilight »

Beta version is up! If anyone is willing to be a beta-tester, send me a PM~