Shoujo Attack has been ported to Linux, which removes the need for Wine(X)/Cedega!
- a recent Linux distro (SuSE Linux 8.2 or later will do fine, others hopefully as well)
- Allegro (should come with your distro, otherwise grab it here)
Until the ZIP file on the official website has been updated, you can get it here (contains both the Windows and the Linux version).
Please note that once the official ZIP is updated, the other download will be removed. So if the link is dead by the time you read this, you know where to look...
- Blue Lemma
- Forum Founder
- Posts: 2005
- Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:32 pm
- Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
- Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]
The two best compression formats that I know of are .rar and .7z.
WinRAR costs money, but 7-Zip is free. They're actually pretty much a tie when it comes to compression ratio. A tie in the respect that .rar format sometimes compresses the files a lot more than .7z format and vice versa.
Try 9MBs off the original zip file up there. That is worth it to 56kers. Not trying to be rude; I'm just pointing out that it's not simply a few KBs.
So 9MB off what type of files? Most games use jpg and pngs for images which are already compressed, and recompressing them won't give you more compression. It really depends on the content you are compressing.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users