Halloween otome [GxB] - Tyler's OP EP mp3 + walthrough added

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Shor

Re: Halloween otome [GxB]

#46 Post by Shor »

Played this game yesterday and I must say that it was great!
I loved every second of it.
I first played Erik's route.
And it was awesome, haha. I choose the Count at first because I thought he looks pretty hot, never once I thought I'd end up with the charming, dorky host :lol: . I only realized the Count was Erik when the protagonist was in the infirmary, after she fell and accidentally kissed Erik. xD
I also played Mr. Wolf and Mr. Bandages' routes.
I must say that I enjoyed Landon's personality shift :lol: . My favorite moment of his route was the one in the garden, when they fell into the lake.
Mr. Wolf was such a cutie, though that type of guys aren't really my favorite xD . I was so surprised when he actually asked the protagonist to marry him!
I'm really glad I found and played this game. I was stressed with the exams and in Halloween Otome I found some joy and relaxation xD .
Last edited by Shor on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#47 Post by 15385bic »

Shor wrote:Played this game yesterday and I must say that it was great!
I loved every second of it.
I first played Erik's route.
And it was awesome, haha. I choose the Count at first because I thought he looks pretty hot, never once I thought I'd end up with the charming, dorky host :lol: . I only realized the Count was Erik when the protagonist was in the infirmary, after she fell and accidentally kissed Erik. xD
I also played Mr. Wolf and Mr. Bandages' routes.
I must say that I enjoyed Landon's personality shift :lol: . My favorite moment of his route was the one in the garden, when they fell into the lake.
Mr. Wolf was such a cutie, though that type of guys aren't really my favorite xD . I was so surprised when he actually asked the protagonist to marry him!
I'm really glad I found and played this game. I was stressed with the exams and in Halloween Otome I found some joy and relaxation xD .
um u may want to cover up the erik part - total spoiler there - call him count.
and also wolfy didnt ask her to marry him ^^"
its just a misinterpretation from the crowd
he was basically only asking her whether she felt the same
the dates that she listed was for the trip to the Maldives - saying she'd go with him
it was made to look like a proposal but definitely was not one

tooaya
Regular

#48 Post by tooaya »

I skipped work last night to play this, and I had a blast. XD It's been a while since I've played an English otome that kept me wanting to repeat playing (not even Pyrite heart did that ). I went through the count's and Mr. wolf's route, still need to play Mr. Bandage's route..........but I keep losing the game so I feel like he's going to yell at me if I do it again (MAYBE I SHOULD ACTUALLY PLAY THE MINI GAMES FOR ONCE ) _(:3

But in any case, the two I've played so far were quite pleasing. I have a thing for older men (waitisheeventhatoldhesaidhestoooldsoI--) so I'm totally biased for the Count =v=. But Mr. Wolf is adorable too, I really love his outfit without the costume on (much better than that bright ball of gold anyway...... ), and I can sense creator's bias by giving him 4 endings lol

Oh and the Ice Queen is so pretty *___* I really wanna know more about her, I guess that means I'm still quite a way to go from beating the game haha. BUT ANYWAY, thank you for this great game!

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#49 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I enjoyed this one more than I thought I would. I have a love-hate relationship with dating sims/romance VNs, so that's saying a lot. Except for a few blips, the writing was solid, and the characters (except for perhaps the Ice Queen, but more on that in a second) got developed enough that I could actually see them as real people, which is extremely important for me. I think the idea of keeping all the characters in close proximity to each other at all times helped with that---the player gets to see how each one reacts to people other than the MC, and how each deals with certain situations.

I would have liked to learn a little more about the history between the Count and Mr. Bandages. It's clear they're old friends, and I love their interactions, but I couldn't help wishing I knew just how they met, and what sorts of adventures they've been on. Maybe you could write a companion piece someday!

I think the game could have had a less generic title, considering the amount of creativity shown elsewhere, but that's just my opinion.

The more serious writing issues: "We ran passed" (I think it's on Mr. Wolf's path) should be "past," and "nauseous" should be "nauseated." That second one is actually quite a common error. Feeling nauseated refers to feeling ill. To be nauseous involves inducing nausea in other people!

For those who have said they only want to play through one route, I highly suggest you explore a little more. There are little scenes not crucial to any romance that you ought to see---they helped sell the group dynamic for me and were just plain entertaining.

I'm not quite sure that the Ice Queen got enough screentime. I wanted to learn more about her and didn't get much information beyond her name and her career. She was obviously quite capable in the games as well, which made me want to know more about her as a person. By the way, what led to the choice of her name? This isn't a criticism; I'm just curious.

I still have to find three more endings, so I realize I might be missing some scenes with the Ice Queen somewhere.

The minigames were fun, though for whatever reason I have not been able to successfully complete the find-the-difference one involving the Kippy statue. (Tooaya, you don't need to play the minigames to successfully woo Mr. Bandages, so don't worry!)

Overall, this was a job well done. Congratulations!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#50 Post by try10 »

I have been waiting for this game to be released for a very long time and I'm so happy to play it. I've gotten all the guys good endings and the general one, but I have no ideea how to get the others. Can someone give me some hints, please? :D

Einherjar

#51 Post by Einherjar »

Played it, loved it. Now I really want to just keep listening to Shot in the Dark on repeat for awhile as I try to get all of the endings, I really wish there was an mp3 of that song available. xD

Edit: Oh wait, wow, now I feel stupid. I didn't even notice the songs were on the front page. SHOT IN THE DARK FOREVER NOW.

khfan12
Regular
Completed: Clarity, a MH KN
Projects: "With You", Truculence

#52 Post by khfan12 »

Ah! I just saw this post now! :>

I'll go ahead and download the full version and get back to you when I finish it c:
Excited! ^^ :D

(Also, there is a chance that I'll draw more fanart :3)
Image <<My DeviantArt

Kinetic/Visual Novels:
Complete:
Clarity - MH KN- Solo Project
Projects:
With You (working title) - Lead Writer/Concept/ETC
Truculence- Concept Artist, Proofreader

khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#53 Post by khnachi »

Congratulations you guys! :mrgreen:
though I already played the game before it is released I still haven't got some of the endings.
I'm a useless beta-tester/hits exams on the beta-testing week is a real drag

Now I want to do a fanart on the count.

Technicolour

#54 Post by Technicolour »

Popping in to say I played the game and loved it! The characters were interesting, and the art and music were great.
I got the generic ending first but I'm really glad you didn't write it as a "bad end"! All the routes brought out really cute sides of the characters, and I think you wrote the group dynamics well.

One thing I noticed is that 'Yellow Jumper's name is switched to 'The Count' before the hat scene, was that intentional?

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#55 Post by 15385bic »

tooaya wrote:I skipped work last night to play this, and I had a blast. XD It's been a while since I've played an English otome that kept me wanting to repeat playing (not even Pyrite heart did that ). I went through the count's and Mr. wolf's route, still need to play Mr. Bandage's route..........but I keep losing the game so I feel like he's going to yell at me if I do it again (MAYBE I SHOULD ACTUALLY PLAY THE MINI GAMES FOR ONCE ) _(:3

But in any case, the two I've played so far were quite pleasing. I have a thing for older men (waitisheeventhatoldhesaidhestoooldsoI--) so I'm totally biased for the Count =v=. But Mr. Wolf is adorable too, I really love his outfit without the costume on (much better than that bright ball of gold anyway...... ), and I can sense creator's bias by giving him 4 endings lol
I with i could skip work without getting into trouble to play games XD
Believe me when I say there as no creator bias when it came to Mr Wolf - It sadly happened that his confession fell in the middle of the win/lose section (whereas Mr B and Count fell before/after) and that changed the scene that you end up with (holiday getaway chance)
Believe it or not - all 4 of his endings put together was still shorter than the Count's and Mr Bandages - since he didnt have as much to resolve
Im really glad you like it! especially since i've been a fan of yours since your love revo fanart days

the mini games are pretty easy - u should try it. The walkthough may help with the sliding puzzle
Mad Harlequin wrote:I would have liked to learn a little more about the history between the Count and Mr. Bandages. It's clear they're old friends, and I love their interactions, but I couldn't help wishing I knew just how they met, and what sorts of adventures they've been on. Maybe you could write a companion piece someday!

I think the game could have had a less generic title, considering the amount of creativity shown elsewhere, but that's just my opinion.

The more serious writing issues: "We ran passed" (I think it's on Mr. Wolf's path) should be "past," and "nauseous" should be "nauseated." That second one is actually quite a common error. Feeling nauseated refers to feeling ill. To be nauseous involves inducing nausea in other people!

For those who have said they only want to play through one route, I highly suggest you explore a little more. There are little scenes not crucial to any romance that you ought to see---they helped sell the group dynamic for me and were just plain entertaining.
I'm not quite sure that the Ice Queen got enough screentime. I wanted to learn more about her and didn't get much information beyond her name and her career. She was obviously quite capable in the games as well, which made me want to know more about her as a person. By the way, what led to the choice of her name? This isn't a criticism; I'm just curious.
if we ever do another vn -you may or may not see more on the history/bg/development of the characters
writing issues we will make note of and hopefully put out a patch later on.
In regards to nauseous; Count is human and as it is a common mistake that people use, so much that the Merriam-Webster has taken as becoming correct - we will leave it as is. Not all of the things that our characters say are grammatically correct and we want to put some of those flaws in there. To remove those flaws is to remove part of their personality.

Osiria? - was named after a pretty rose which i favoured (the only rose i've ever been interested in)
We also wanted her name to start with an O because Ojou-sama(young lady) ... or Oujo-sama(princess)
Her initials are OJS >_> <-- what can I say - we have our quirks - and believe me when I say - that character development is a LOT more than what appears in the game as we were always sidetracked (while writing it ) with random scenarios that readers would never see :P

Also Halloween otome started off as a 2 month project to see what we could spew out in a limited time. The deadline was literally Halloween (in which we finished the demo) and thus it was named "Halloween Otome" <-- since obviously we were making an otome.
We were not expecting to make something as long as it currently is.
try10 wrote:I have been waiting for this game to be released for a very long time and I'm so happy to play it. I've gotten all the guys good endings and the general one, but I have no ideea how to get the others. Can someone give me some hints, please? :D
you mean the bad endings? well initially go after your man but leave out one of the important day at the beginning - like if you choose Mr B - you may choose the cafe route but not the Garden scene. Once you are on their route (you will know by the time Mr B falls sick) just make sure you choose the other guys for tasks ^^"
khfan12 wrote:(Also, there is a chance that I'll draw more fanart :3)
khnachi wrote:Now I want to do a fanart on the count.
i will always love seeing more fanart~
Technicolour wrote:
One thing I noticed is that 'Yellow Jumper's name is switched to 'The Count' before the hat scene, was that intentional?
yup - we know - will patch once we get more problems to fix

victorita9
Regular

#56 Post by victorita9 »

Do you have to have the puzzle button on in order to win the competition? Cause I can never win.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#57 Post by 15385bic »

victorita9 wrote:Do you have to have the puzzle button on in order to win the competition? Cause I can never win.
http://synokoria.tumblr.com/Halloween_Otome_Walkthrough <-- this will help (you only need to score about 39/45 to "win"...i think

pinkyuu
Projects: One Step At A Time

Re: Halloween otome [GxB] - Tyler's OP EP mp3 + walthrough a

#58 Post by pinkyuu »

I just finished the game!
Let me just say, I LOVE THIS GAME AND IT'S PERF!
Like ehmahgawd MR.WOLF is so cute!
But... The little kid part scared the heck out of me AND with that lullaby!
I almost died.
Anyway, I love this game!

Fuyuko

#59 Post by Fuyuko »

The game is cool but too bad it's not my type though. I kinda don't like how Mr Wolf turns red every now and then, I like shy people but that's just too much for me, and the protagonist's smile seems pretty evil? But I like the Count and Erik, they are mysterious, handsome and really cool.

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#60 Post by Rainbow Colors »

Fuyuko wrote:The game is cool but too bad it's not my type though. I kinda don't like how Mr Wolf turns red every now and then, I like shy people but that's just too much for me, and the protagonist's smile seems pretty evil? But I like the Count and Erik, they are mysterious, handsome and really cool.
I must say you're really missing out here D: For me, it's better than most games in a lot of aspects (plot, art, and whatnot) and the fact that its a noncommercial game certainly makes it in my list of games-to-play.

But yeah, suit yourself. And miss all the awesomeness. //shot

---
Thank you for the download link for the songs (or thank you to Tyler for that matter). You guys are awesome. ;u;

And you managed to convince me to play the other routes. (But I'm not playing the bad ends, nope, don't wanna get my heartbroken.) (Unless of course, the missing CGs are worth getting my heart broken?)

So, yeah, stay awesome~ I'll go away now to replay endings >u>

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)