akka's blurgh stuff (critique appreciated)

Art threads specific to a single artist.
akka
Regular
Tumblr: akkalime
Deviantart: akkalime

akka's blurgh stuff (critique appreciated)

#1 Post by akka »

So I'm trying to get the hang of digital art again seeing as college life has basically wiped me out in the past few months (wry laughter). I haven't gotten a lot of time to do this sorta stuff anymore but since I've learned the art of ~*~*time management*~*~ I've been able to cram in a few hours of computer time.

So yeah. Here we are. An art thread??? Ye a.

I'm open to taking quick sketch requests. Not sure if I'll take any now though?? Erm.

But anyway aRT. STUFF.
(also some of this i've posted to other places so if you somehow manage to find those accounts congratulations please keep my identity a secret aha ha haha)
Attachments
A COMIC. WOW. AMAZING.
A COMIC. WOW. AMAZING.
what is coloring things seriously
what is coloring things seriously
goofy arms. ugh. it was 2 am when i drew this i was way too tired to pay attention???
goofy arms. ugh. it was 2 am when i drew this i was way too tired to pay attention???

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

Re: akka's blurgh stuff (critique appreciated)

#2 Post by chocojax »

College is really fun, eh? :P

Comic: Guy on bottom right's eyes look too far apart? Guy in the first panel's right arm looks really flat! Making the folds curve with his arm would help out.

Third: Looks neat! I really like the colors.

(I've only noticed one hand in these three drawings! I'm sure you already know this, but try to force yourself to put a hand or more than a hand in a drawing. It's good to do it now, since I eventually just started hiding/not drawing hands subconsciously.)

And since you're open to it, would you mind drawing either one of these two? It's perfectly fine if you get lazy/don't have the time to, I completely understand. :P

akka
Regular

#3 Post by akka »

chocojax wrote:College is really fun, eh? :P
Tell me about it //sighs
chocojax wrote:Comic: Guy on bottom right's eyes look too far apart? Guy in the first panel's right arm looks really flat! Making the folds curve with his arm would help out.
Thank you. I'll take note of that! ^^
chocojax wrote:Third: Looks neat! I really like the colors.
jkjhfsfg aaaaaa;; thank you hfskdfj
chocojax wrote:(I've only noticed one hand in these three drawings! I'm sure you already know this, but try to force yourself to put a hand or more than a hand in a drawing. It's good to do it now, since I eventually just started hiding/not drawing hands subconsciously.)
I ACTUALLY.... JUST NOTICED THAT TOO AHAHA. But yeah! Duly noted since yea I might be.... doing that subconsciously........
chocojax wrote:And since you're open to it, would you mind drawing either one of these two? It's perfectly fine if you get lazy/don't have the time to, I completely understand. :P
Such cute characters //inhales-- I'll try to get to it in a little bit since I've got some time to spare!

BUT YES thank you for taking the time to look at my stuff (aha ha hah ahajfkdjflslfkg)

akka
Regular

#4 Post by akka »

///doubleposts on thread

(wheezes) drawing other's characters is a good exercise!! yea

i enjoyed drawing them too much i wasn't going to color this but look at where i ended up (to be honest i wasn't completely sure if they were male or female and i sorta just leaned more towards the former and just game them,,, a feminine face--)

i sorta wonked up on the perspective of their left..? (right??) arm though, and now the fist looks disproportionately huge to me but alas i've no energy to fix it anymore

i need to get back into perspective/proportions augh

EDIT: I REALIZE I LEFT OUT A FEW DETAILS AFTER LOOKING AT THE REFERENCE YOU GAVE ME ANOTHER TIME AH-- jhdfksfg
Attachments
chocojax.jpg

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

#5 Post by Michiyo6918 »

College sure sounds like fun stuff OTL (My body is not ready for that monster just yet time u fly by too fast)

I really like your art style AMG that comic page makes me wonder what is the story behind it... I thought about Zombie apocalypse when I saw it at first LMFAO (Cause I saw something like the bite mark on his shoulder)

I really adore the coloring for the second pic. And the third one looks really neat! (Well, the left arm look a little curvy IMO but it may just be my eyes playing trick on me it's 12 AM LMFAO)

The last pic wah the coloring is so soft I'm jealous!
(And what is perspective amg need to work on that too I'm so bad with everything)

Btw if you are still open for it, would you mind if I request this guy? If you can't, it's fine <3 I'm just here to admire your art~
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#6 Post by chocojax »

@akka: Yo man, calm down!!

Thank you very much for drawin' her! (Haah, she's a girl, just flat-chested, I guess!)

Her fist looks fine! Yeah, I gotta get back into those things too. Especially proportions, since sometimes I just draw things willy-nilly and some things turn out larger than they should!! (And it's fine!! The small details on her outfit aren't finalized yet, and it doesn't even matter that much anyway!)

But, yeah, thanks again! (If you don't mind, could I post this up on my website as [coughrequested] fanart?)

akka
Regular

#7 Post by akka »

@Michiyo6918

COLLEGE LIFE IS AMAZING. AMAZINGLY STRESSFUL. AHAHAHA-- It's not all that bad if you learn to manage your time properly, though! But that in itself is a challenge //weeps

omg thank you hdjfkshdfg ((i love your art style too so i'm really flattered/honored to have you complement me uwahhhh)). the comic actually is about a zombie apocalypse! it's just me messing around with the characters, tho. the actual story they're involved in doesn't have anything to do with zombies lmao

yea the guy's arms in the third pic are. really bothering me but i can't figure out what about it EXACTLY.....

((thank you for all the complements though aaaaaaaaaa;;;;; i went ahead and looked through your art too //wheeze and uwah such a pretty art style i cry--))

I'D LOVE TO DO THE REQUEST BUT I'm going to be super busy throughout the week ahahah;; reports to prepare and exams to study for orz;; if you wouldn't mind waiting I can probably get to it when I find the time??

@chocojax

YEAH I WASN'T SURE OF WHAT GENDER TO PLACE HER AHA.. HA...... I tried to look for clues through the site you have for The Witching Hour but alas I could not figure anything out (/A\;;)

You're free to do with it as you please! So long as you don't take credit for it and all the usual stuff, of course. I'd appreciate linking back to the original post here with it if you can? But you don't have to-- ahahah;;

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

#8 Post by Michiyo6918 »

akka wrote:@Michiyo6918

COLLEGE LIFE IS AMAZING. AMAZINGLY STRESSFUL. AHAHAHA-- It's not all that bad if you learn to manage your time properly, though! But that in itself is a challenge //weeps

omg thank you hdjfkshdfg ((i love your art style too so i'm really flattered/honored to have you complement me uwahhhh)). the comic actually is about a zombie apocalypse! it's just me messing around with the characters, tho. the actual story they're involved in doesn't have anything to do with zombies lmao

yea the guy's arms in the third pic are. really bothering me but i can't figure out what about it EXACTLY.....

((thank you for all the complements though aaaaaaaaaa;;;;; i went ahead and looked through your art too //wheeze and uwah such a pretty art style i cry--))

I'D LOVE TO DO THE REQUEST BUT I'm going to be super busy throughout the week ahahah;; reports to prepare and exams to study for orz;; if you wouldn't mind waiting I can probably get to it when I find the time??

AMG what is time management I always find myself tossing homework aside and sit down reading book or arting ;;;

Ncdniewjc HOMG thank you so much //// PLZ my art style is inconsistent I still need to improve more! your art is just simply hnnngh
LMFAO haha! I was right then! //has been watching too much zombie thing

It's okay, don't mind it! You can take all the time you want I'm in no hurry. I understand that you need to study, school is more important <3 (I need to study myself too haha)
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

akka
Regular

#9 Post by akka »

@Michiyo6918

I'll get to it eventually! I promise dhfgkdjh I've got two more weeks of business before I'm free for a while ahahah--

But yeah, in the meantime have some stress relief stuff
Attachments
this is actually a wannabe shoujo manga ((no it's not i'm kidding))
this is actually a wannabe shoujo manga ((no it's not i'm kidding))

akka
Regular

#10 Post by akka »

still stuck in finals week hell siGHS... but i'll be free in 2 days! ! ! !!!!

in the meantime, have some more stress relief shiz
Attachments
too long.jpg
LAUGHS
LAUGHS

akka
Regular

#11 Post by akka »

I'M BASICALLY necro-ing this thread but I thought hey why not.

akka
Regular

#12 Post by akka »

Yooo having fun with character designs!
Attachments
messageImage_1468407239254.jpg
sol.png