The Guardian's Spell[GxB] [Trailer + Website + Demo up]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
AstrellaLunari

Re: The Guardian's Spell[Otome] [RomCom, Drama??] [Screenies

#31 Post by AstrellaLunari »

1.) Who's your favourite character so far and you'd most likely pursue first?

I try to just see how things go, but I generally like sweet, mature guys. Cato, then? I don't really understand why people like people who are difficult to get along with. ^.^;;;

2.) Are you okay with fifteen endings? Will you be trying to see them all?

YEEEEEES PLEEEEEEASSE!

3.) What do you think of the best-friend character so far... She will be some sort of rival on one of the dude's paths but it's not a full blown out bitch-fest rivalry... They'd still remain their friendship over anything else.

She sounds fun! I love some good relationship drama, so the rivalry also sounds interesting. It'd also be cute, if you weren't going after her guy, to see her love with him develop on the other paths. <3 It would also be interesting for your friendship with her to be a factor in your own story so that she's more than just someone to unload on. Basically, I like the idea of her as long as she is fleshed out and you get to interact with her in a meaningful way?

4.) What do you think of a stat-raising sim feature added to the game?

Hm. Ok, mixed bag here. Stat-raising sims CAN be fun, but consider the fact that you want fifteen endings. First of all, wouldn't it be really annoying to have to play through all sorts of variations on a stat-raising game to experience different stories? I probably wouldn't play the game more than twice if I had to stat-raise. Furthermore, stat-raising is often a tactic used to lengthen a game without giving it much depth. Is there any narrative point to a stat-raising game? Does it illustrate a point in the story? Does it tell you more about your character, or other characters? I'd say that if you could find a way to make it relevant to the narrative (which, in my opinion, story and relationship are why people play this kind of game) then sure. Otherwise.... bleh.

5.) What do you think of all that characters in general? Are you interested in their stories and will you really really play the game? o3o

YEEEEES- Sign me up!!! <3

6.) Lastly, you can say anything you want! Ask a character a question if you must. ^^;;

So excited to see another game from you guys! Have fun!!! <3

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#32 Post by SilverxBlue »

@xKairi - We are still not completely sure about voice acting... since it's going to be quite the long game with lots and lots of dialogue, we're thinking really carefully for this one. We'll be making a post though once we've made our decisions~!

@Astrella - The stat raising part was kind of relevant to the plot, but since we do know how repetitive and boring they can be, especially for a game with 15 endings... we decided not to push through with it. Needless to say, the idea has been scrapped. Thank you so much for your comments on it though. They were really helpful~!

And thanks for the kind words of encouragement. ^^

Update with no images uwaaah... I'm so sorry. Well, maybe some good news... A demo is being planned and developed for this week. Hopefully, we'll be able to put up something more fun than simple screenshots this month~!
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

tsubame-chi
Projects: Chosen Ghost
Organization: JACT Productions

#33 Post by tsubame-chi »

Hmmm.... I actually like all the characters. They all look so awesome!! For who to pursue first, I would choose Koneko. .w. CATS. haha
Sure! Fifteen endings is definitely cool with me. :)
3.) What do you think of the best-friend character so far... She will be some sort of rival on one of the dude's paths but it's not a full blown out bitch-fest rivalry... They'd still remain their friendship over anything else.
I reeaallly like the best friend. She's a type of character that will always be by the main character's side sooo it's good. :)
4.) What do you think of a stat-raising sim feature added to the game?
A stat raising sim? Umm. If you could do it then it's fine with me. I would prefer it to be just choosing choices.
5.) What do you think of all that characters in general? Are you interested in their stories and will you really really play the game? o3o
YES. I want to play the game!! The story is interesting and I can't wait to find out what happens!
6.) Lastly, you can say anything you want! Ask a character a question if you must. ^^;;
The art is amazing and it really makes me want to play the game! Good luck on your project! :D

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#34 Post by SilverxBlue »

@tsubame-chi - Thank you very much for your feedback! And yes indeed to cats. XD

Progress has been cut back, due to overhauls script and art-wise, but still... we bring to you guys a major update!

The Guardian's Spell now has its final logo and an OP/trailer! ;A;

There's also a website that has more screenshots and images. ^^
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: The Guardian's Spell[GxB] [Trailer + Website + Screenies

#35 Post by try10 »

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! I can't wait for the full release! The backgrounds, the art, I'm in love! :D

yumikohayashi

#36 Post by yumikohayashi »

Kyaaa! THANK YOU SO MUCH! This game looks amazing, and the art is just.. (≧▽≦) I am so excited for this game. :D

- I like all the characters so far but I'd say my favorites are Ryouta and Cato. :wink:

- I'm okay with it and yes, I will be trying to see them all!

- I think the best friend character is funny and entertaining. XD

4.) What do you think of all that characters in general? Are you interested in their stories and will you really really play the game? o3o
- I like the variations of the characters. The gentleman type, the shota type, etc. I'm looking forward to playing them all!

Thank you again, for working on this wonderful game! <3

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by SilverxBlue »

@try10 - Glad you loved it! ^^

@yumikohayashi - Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback as well... I see you like the two characters who seem to be getting lesser attention lately. Awesome. XD

I've also noticed that it's your first post. Welcome to the forums~! Not unless that's a second account, but still I say, welcome... again. XD
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#38 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

I liked Pyrite Heart, so I'm excited for this game. The trailer looks so professional too!

*gets to Aki's intro*

...I'll buy 10 of him.

Honest Critique

yumikohayashi

#39 Post by yumikohayashi »

SilverxBlue wrote:@try10 - Glad you loved it! ^^

@yumikohayashi - Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback as well... I see you like the two characters who seem to be getting lesser attention lately. Awesome. XD

I've also noticed that it's your first post. Welcome to the forums~! Not unless that's a second account, but still I say, welcome... again. XD
Thank you! (^_^) (I forgot my username and password for my original acct so I created this new one *sigh*)

Oh and I forgot to ask but, is the MC's name going to be changeable? :D

Moon20
Regular

#40 Post by Moon20 »

Haruka Yokokawa
yes of course
Awasome. I like that idea very much
4.) What do you think of all that characters in general? Are you interested in their stories and will you really really play the game? o3o
yes I'm going to play this game and the characters/story look totally good out
5.) Lastly, you can say anything you want! Ask a character a question if you must. ^^;;
I already like the game very much and is looking forward to play this game so bad

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by SilverxBlue »

@Green Glasses Girl - Thank you for the kind words~! And yep, Badriel has done an awesome job with the intro. *A*

And I think I can see why you like Aki. XDD

@yumikohayashi - It was going to be a feature before, but unfortunately it was sort of scrapped due to plot-related stuff like (Nicknames, someone mishearing her name and mistaking it for something else, etc.). ;-;

@Moon20 - Thanks for your feedback~! ^^
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

greenheartnellie
Regular

#42 Post by greenheartnellie »

-Aki Kaiser :mrgreen: dat abs on the trailer heehee! I'm also liking Ryouta.

-Definitely! But most of the time, I rely on the walkthrough (after I've gotten to each guys' endings, at least) so I'd appreciate a walkthrough as well :)

-I love her! I also love the fact that she's Filipina :D

-I'd play any VN any day plus with an art this good, I definitely will! As for the characters, I'm excited to really get to know them once I've played the game :)

5.) Lastly, you can say anything you want! Ask a character a question if you must. ^^;;
-I'm so excited for this! (To Aki: Y u so hawt? loljk :lol:)
Can sorta write but CAN'T art so I am just here for the otomes! Ahihihi <3

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#43 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

Oh, I never answered the questionaire!

1) I'd go after Cato. I always go for the megane characters first, fufufu. Then Aki!

2) Fifteen endings sounds like a lot (I'm usually overwhelmed by five), but if you're able to pull it off, go for it!

3) The best friend seems fun! A friendly rival sounds like a good character.

4) Yes, I look forward to playing this game and finding out more about the characters.

5) Is there a difference between summer and winter school uniforms in the game? I'm wondering because the MC has long sleeves while her best friend wears short sleeves.

Honest Critique

Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

#44 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Will you be having Voice Acting in this game?

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#45 Post by gekiganwing »

Today, I found out that there is a Kickstarter for Guardian's Spell. I would like to link to it... but there is no demo. And unfortunately, one of the forum rules is "Do not link to crowdfunding campaigns (including kickstarter or indiegogo campaigns) for visual novels or games unless those campaigns include a link to a nontrivial playable demo."