Re:Set Episode 2 Remake : Under the Golden Sun [+Mirror]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Orison
Projects: Dream No More

Re: Re:Set Episode 2 Remake : Under the Golden Sun [+Mirror]

#16 Post by Orison »

Oh~!!! Can't wait to play it once the weekend rolls around ^ w ^
deviantART[CC BY-SA] Voice Packs!!tumblr (blog)
"Where's the trick, don't have a clue?"
- JubyPhonic's English cover of Yobanashi Deceive

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#17 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Well, I finally obtained Ending 4 and....just, oh my gosh...feels, that is all I can say. Even though I had proofread it previously, when you actually see it happen it can be a whole new experience! I really love Jianyuu and Mae's voices, very very fitting for them (Best Mae line: "Don't worry, it won't hurt *creepy, innocent laughter*").

So far, no errors, and I have done battle mode on both pathes, but we'll see is I try to acquire all the endings!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#18 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you so much for trying it out, and as you wish, here's a walkthrough :

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 55&t=24087

whiteserenity
Regular

#19 Post by whiteserenity »

I haven't finished playing through all the paths yet but I'm going to make a suggestion, as I'm finding this particular aspect to be a bit frustrating:
I'm at the battle against Midas and Miki (trying for Path 2) and I don't know if I'm missing something but honestly, it's way too hard. My party keeps dying and I think I'm a pretty decent RPG player so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. (And well, the fact that both Miki and Midas keep doing group attacks rather than individual attacks does not help any.) Anyway, here's my suggestion. I know that at the beginning of the game, the player can choose between story mode and battle mode but in the event that the player chooses battle mode but finds a particular battle too hard, then they have the option to switch modes. I know some games do that but unfortunately, in this case, I can't and it looks like I'll probably have to start over but play from story mode because of that battle I can't win. :/
Please support me here.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#20 Post by azureXtwilight »

whiteserenity wrote:I haven't finished playing through all the paths yet but I'm going to make a suggestion, as I'm finding this particular aspect to be a bit frustrating:
I'm at the battle against Midas and Miki (trying for Path 2) and I don't know if I'm missing something but honestly, it's way too hard. My party keeps dying and I think I'm a pretty decent RPG player so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. (And well, the fact that both Miki and Midas keep doing group attacks rather than individual attacks does not help any.) Anyway, here's my suggestion. I know that at the beginning of the game, the player can choose between story mode and battle mode but in the event that the player chooses battle mode but finds a particular battle too hard, then they have the option to switch modes. I know some games do that but unfortunately, in this case, I can't and it looks like I'll probably have to start over but play from story mode because of that battle I can't win. :/
Sorry about that! I didn't know it was too hard since my betas was able to get through it (somehow) :( Thanks for the suggestion and I'll consider it for the next episode.

whiteserenity
Regular

#21 Post by whiteserenity »

Thanks. I finally got a chance to finish the game-got through as much as I could. First, I'll note the minor bugs (there were very few but still) and then my review. XD

Bugs:
The game was pretty bug-free, for the most part. As I mentioned in my previous post, I had trouble with one of the final boss battles. After I finished playing all the paths, I realized that it was actually ending 3-not ending 2-that got me to that point so I do apologize for the error. With that said, the battles themselves were ok. It was only the boss battles that I had trouble with on occasion but specific ones. When my party battled against Greed and the gold genie monsters, I didn't have a problem. The one boss battle that I had problems with was the one with Greed and Miki-thus, going for ending 3. My suggestion before still stands but since it was that particular battle that I had problems with, perhaps the difficulty level could be tweaked a bit? Also, it might help if during a turn, only one of the enemies does a group attack? It does make it harder if two or more are allowed to do so.

Also, I followed the walkthrough and tried to get the bonus battle with Savan but when I went to the first floor hall, I ran into Trevor instead. He's also in the first floor library if you choose to go there at exactly 90 minutes left so there might be a bug there?

Finally, I completed all the paths but there was still one CG that wasn't unlocked. It's on the first page on the bottom row in the middle. I'm not sure but I think it's the CG of the flashback when berserk (?) Gerard attacks Lust by the neck. He bites into her and kills her. I found this CG on Grace's path but yet it wasn't unlocked in the CG gallery so this one might be it?

Ahh and I almost forgot but there were minor grammar errors as well. It's a nitpicky point but these tend to stand out for me since I do proofreading as part of my occupation. XD
Ok, with all that said, now here comes my review:
I remember playing the old version of this game and I agree that this one is much better. I like how the enemies-Lust, Greed, etc.-don't only have a bad side but are rather complex characters. I especially liked seeing this when I played Grace's path.

The detective mini-game was fun, too. I think it might be a good idea in the future to have a skip option once a player does solve this part so when he/she plays other paths, they don't have to go through all of it again.

And I loved seeing a couple of old characters from Doppleganger make an appearance again. I loved that game as well. XD Although I have to admit that they were my least favorite characters from Doppleganger because they were the craziest. But I liked seeing them here since it's clear that they have matured since although they do have their insane moments at times. XD

And woot! I loved seeing Savan. Even before playing Grace's path, I knew he was a character from the Fantasia universe. I remember that he was only mentioned by name at that time but it's great to see him make more of an appearance here and it made me sad to see that he'd never get a happily ever after with Grace but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Makes me hope that he did get a happily ever after in the Fantasia universe. ^^
So yup, that's it from me. I can't wait to play the next episode and find out which sin will be revealed. ^^
Please support me here.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#22 Post by azureXtwilight »

whiteserenity wrote:Thanks. I finally got a chance to finish the game-got through as much as I could. First, I'll note the minor bugs (there were very few but still) and then my review. XD

Bugs:
The game was pretty bug-free, for the most part. As I mentioned in my previous post, I had trouble with one of the final boss battles. After I finished playing all the paths, I realized that it was actually ending 3-not ending 2-that got me to that point so I do apologize for the error. With that said, the battles themselves were ok. It was only the boss battles that I had trouble with on occasion but specific ones. When my party battled against Greed and the gold genie monsters, I didn't have a problem. The one boss battle that I had problems with was the one with Greed and Miki-thus, going for ending 3. My suggestion before still stands but since it was that particular battle that I had problems with, perhaps the difficulty level could be tweaked a bit? Also, it might help if during a turn, only one of the enemies does a group attack? It does make it harder if two or more are allowed to do so.

Also, I followed the walkthrough and tried to get the bonus battle with Savan but when I went to the first floor hall, I ran into Trevor instead. He's also in the first floor library if you choose to go there at exactly 90 minutes left so there might be a bug there?

Finally, I completed all the paths but there was still one CG that wasn't unlocked. It's on the first page on the bottom row in the middle. I'm not sure but I think it's the CG of the flashback when berserk (?) Gerard attacks Lust by the neck. He bites into her and kills her. I found this CG on Grace's path but yet it wasn't unlocked in the CG gallery so this one might be it?

Ahh and I almost forgot but there were minor grammar errors as well. It's a nitpicky point but these tend to stand out for me since I do proofreading as part of my occupation. XD
Ok, with all that said, now here comes my review:
I remember playing the old version of this game and I agree that this one is much better. I like how the enemies-Lust, Greed, etc.-don't only have a bad side but are rather complex characters. I especially liked seeing this when I played Grace's path.

The detective mini-game was fun, too. I think it might be a good idea in the future to have a skip option once a player does solve this part so when he/she plays other paths, they don't have to go through all of it again.

And I loved seeing a couple of old characters from Doppleganger make an appearance again. I loved that game as well. XD Although I have to admit that they were my least favorite characters from Doppleganger because they were the craziest. But I liked seeing them here since it's clear that they have matured since although they do have their insane moments at times. XD

And woot! I loved seeing Savan. Even before playing Grace's path, I knew he was a character from the Fantasia universe. I remember that he was only mentioned by name at that time but it's great to see him make more of an appearance here and it made me sad to see that he'd never get a happily ever after with Grace but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Makes me hope that he did get a happily ever after in the Fantasia universe. ^^
So yup, that's it from me. I can't wait to play the next episode and find out which sin will be revealed. ^^
Thanks for the review! As for the difficulty level, I'll make it easier next time. I find the episode 1 battles too easy and this one seems to be too hard, thanks for the input!
Glad you like the new additions, I wanted to make the extra characters more likeable and such :') I really do hope old characters like Grace and Miki are more interesting this time around too.
Please look forward to the next episodes, I plan to finish everything until the end!

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#23 Post by Coren »

I FINALLY PLAYED THIS GAME I FINALLY PLAYED THIS GAME.

So, ahem, commence my extremely messy, random-thought-based review monologue:

First things first - this game is definitely a huge improvement from the old RE:Set Episode 2 (to refresh your memory: Grace gets preggers with the shifty-eyed cook, etc. P: ) that wasn't a bad game per se, but this one is pretty darn good! And fun.
Mike is the biggest QT pie ever. Hands down. Why? Because gerald mai boi i am home now she's hilarious. And also I like her new dress!
And how badass she was, even as she was about to die in Ending 4.
A few gameplay thoughts: I love love LOVED the detective minigame. It's a pity it can't be skipped in future playthroughs, though, when you've already gotten bored with it. However, I, being the Coren Baili, simply bugged azure non-stop until I got a skippable patch. And boy was it hilarious

"Option: Skip?/No"
* chooses skip*
"Yes"
SUDDENLY
FRANK BLADE
Ahem anyway. I started off my first playthrough in battle mode, and used up all my healing items/MP stuff on
Teresa
because she was seriously too hard. Her defense is through the roof. She's harder than the three boss monsters that followed her, and the final boss as well. I was like OMG HOW CAN I CONTINUE WITHOUT MY HEALING ITEMS but the last three were surprisingly way easier. I wonder why? She must be made out of Kryptonite.

(The only battle that is harder than Teresa's, imo, is the
Midas and Miki
battle.)

I liked Ending 2 (the true ending) quite a lot, though it was a little bit fast at the part where
Miki reveals the truth about why she hates Ryuuzaki
. Ending 5 is nice too - I like Mike, Mae and Jianyu's family reunion lol. But what I really fancied was, surprisingly, Ending 1 - which everyone would think to be the "typical bad ending" since you get it by
failing epicly at the detective minigame
but it was surprisingly a Bad Ending With Plot. Nicely done, azure.

Oh, where voices are concerned: I seriously like Peter Gerkman's job with Ryuuzaki. And Churelle Nino as Chunxiang because she forced me to s

I like Grace. She's interesting. Also she's got a
badass rapier
. And the scene where she
dies in her route and her last thought that she "guess she fancied Savan as a person" made me baww manly tears.
Ok that's all my thoughts so far. Let me see what else I can add. Ta-ta.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#24 Post by azureXtwilight »

Oh my I AM SO GLAD YOU FINALLY PLAYED IT.

Of all the things your remembered from episode 2 you just had to remember the preggo part, mmhm.
I probably should fix those mid-boss to be less harder in the future, and make detective minigames skippable after finishing it one.

Thanks again for the review, and here's the patch in question (to skip detective minigame) in case you peeps are wondering~

Just replace the file with same name in your game folder:

[The extension rpa has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

zhaie
Regular
Completed: After Guardian Angel, Rewound 101, Ano What? Why Bakit??
Projects: The Love -Box- Challenge, Mangmankit
Organization: z-ish prouductions
IRC Nick: zairen
Tumblr: zishp
Deviantart: zhaiechan
Soundcloud: zhaie
itch: zhaieyuemn

#25 Post by zhaie »

I have yet to finish it but I loved Re Set series so I am supporting this one all the way.
I was busy so I'm still at the scene where they are treating leh elf guy. I'm gonna finish this tonight.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#26 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you, can't wait to see your review! :D

xxxSakura
Regular

#27 Post by xxxSakura »

I kind of completed the game, save for Ending 3
because the battle with Midas and Miki was too hard ;w; I tried a couple of times but I didn't even come close to finishing off either of them
, but I'll just review away anyways!

I remember playing the old version and boy am I glad that you decided to do a remake, because this battle mode is making things rather interesting, and the plot definitely seems to be more engaging as well! Kudos to the artwork improvement too ^^ The story was great and I
DID NOT SEE HOW MAE AND JIANYU COULD HAVE BEEN CHUNXIANG AND LEE ZHUYUAN BUT GOSH, I JUST CANNOT UNSEE THEM NOW GOOD JOB ON THAT *V*
I loved the detective minigame, though it seemed to be a little laggy for me at the point of selection for clues, but I loved how Mike contradicted their theories :lol:

Kind of bummed that I wouldn't be able to view the epilogue, but hey, I'll keep trying!

Kagura
Regular

#28 Post by Kagura »

Kyuuuuuuun ; w;
I can't seem to play it, I downloaded it,
had it at winrar thingie, then it gives me error
; -; Unnnf, help me please?

I can do voice actings and help with the story~
Just message me if y'need help c:

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#29 Post by azureXtwilight »

xxxSakura wrote: completed the game, save for Ending 3
because the battle with Midas and Miki was too hard ;w; I tried a couple of times but I didn't even come close to finishing off either of them
, but I'll just review away anyways!

I remember playing the old version and boy am I glad that you decided to do a remake, because this battle mode is making things rather interesting, and the plot definitely seems to be more engaging as well! Kudos to the artwork improvement too ^^ The story was great and I
DID NOT SEE HOW MAE AND JIANYU COULD HAVE BEEN CHUNXIANG AND LEE ZHUYUAN BUT GOSH, I JUST CANNOT UNSEE THEM NOW GOOD JOB ON THAT *V*
I loved the detective minigame, though it seemed to be a little laggy for me at the point of selection for clues, but I loved how Mike contradicted their theories
Hehe, more doppelganger cameos on the next episodes!. I hope you'll be able to find the epilogue
Kagura wrote:Kyuuuuuuun ; w;
I can't seem to play it, I downloaded it,
had it at winrar thingie, then it gives me error
; -; Unnnf, help me please?
Can you tell me what the errors are, specifically? At this point you might want to redownload the file, since it seems like a broken download to me.

Kagura
Regular

#30 Post by Kagura »

Uhhh, nevermind! I actually managed to fix it ^^''
Sorry for causing you trouble . w.

I can do voice actings and help with the story~
Just message me if y'need help c: