NaNoRenO is coming again! Who's excited?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: NaNoRenO is coming again! Who's excited?

#46 Post by Donmai »

NaNoRenO is coming again! Who's excited?
Me.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#47 Post by Didules »

Uwaaah, I wish I had the time to participate in the 2014-NaNoRenO....unfortunately I don't. :lol:

However, Nano is also the time for players to be exciter, many games will be producteur shortly and we'll be able to see the productions of many games in a short time. Seeing how people push themselves for a game in this kind of short delay is always very exciting and motivating!

Nano is coming in almost a week, and yet I can't stay still in my chair.... :D Does that answer the question in the title?

Good luck to everyone who wishes to take part in the Nanoreno this year!! :)

Derpravity
Projects: "Momoeda Academy" (NaNoRenO '14), "Bountiful Love"

#48 Post by Derpravity »

I'm using it as an excuse to create my first game, or at least make a good start.

I wanted to write a game where the main character already has a partner, so I'm putting together a story about a couple first trying out having an "open" relationship, since it's a topic that's close to my heart. I'm calling it "Bountiful Love" and I want it to be as cute as possible, but also pretty emotional. My boyfriend wants to help me with the art, so it might be awesome.

I can't wait to get started. I'm already doing as much vague, not-game-making pre-planning as possible and trying to figure out my Ren'Py basics.

I hope between that and the first month of the semester I'll have enough time to share my struggles and triumphs with the community here. :3

ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore
itch: soraille

#49 Post by ppppantsu »

aaaah. I wanna join so badly.
omg. if that's so, I must finish my ongoing game within 6 days. OMFG. *A*

I already have an idea for a story but omg---- this is really a big challenge but I wanna try. *A*

this might also be good chance to illustrate some pending plots in my mind. *^* )9

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#50 Post by DaFool »

Gonna try to finish the one I started last year then abandoned. Otherwise I'll never escape this creativity rut I dug myself into.

Kitten the Cat
Regular
Projects: The Onigami House [NaNo12], Beyond the Veil [NaNo14]
Organization: Riceball Games

#51 Post by Kitten the Cat »

Participating again this year with a new game even though we didn't finish our last one (it's still in the works though...)

We learned a lot doing The Onigami House so this time we're not biting off more than we can chew!
Currently working on Beyond the Veil, our NaNoRenO '14 entry.

Ben Ayoo
Regular
Completed: The coin and the gun
Organization: Ben Studio

#52 Post by Ben Ayoo »

Definitely gonna join in.

Otome-Girl

#53 Post by Otome-Girl »

I have never joined a NaNoRenO, but I'm having my intermediate exams and we're trying to make a visual novel in one week - the actual challenge is called "one game one week" and we need to have at least the prologue and the first chapter. It's hard and we're trying to do our best. There are only two of us, I've drawn 8 characters and my friend outlined them, she wrote the whole story of the 3 chapters and I programmed them in 17 hours. Tonight we have to do some sounds and all that. Exactly 2 days are left and I'm dying, but it's fun to see the own characters, "speaking" and interacting. I learned a lot in the last days and I hope I can join next time to NaNoRenO! :)

Ophelia
Regular
Completed: tobag
Projects: Kajima

#54 Post by Ophelia »

I will probably participate. I have some general ideas in my mind and I haven't really worked on my main project in a while.. (I have to proofread the demo, but I really don't want to.) So I might as well do something little and quick now.

Aileo
Regular
Projects: Unnamed short project
Organization: [ctrl] + minds

#55 Post by Aileo »

I promised myself that I WILL do something this year and make every attempt to finish. My problem is that I lack ideas and I don't know where to start. Guess I will go pop out a few suggestions on a random generator and see what I get...

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#56 Post by Cidz »

wow, i havent made a VN in quite awhile (heck its been quite awhile since i signed into here) but I might give it a try. Myabe ill just do something small and go solo this time.

Lanford

#57 Post by Lanford »

There's this one story I've had into concept stage for quite some time, the last TXT update was around January 2013. I've recently talked to some friends about it and they seemed quite excited with the plot, so I mentioned Nanoreno and they were like super excited for it, so I think we're going to mount a small group for Nanoreno 2014.

If we really manage to put up a full game during March, the first version won't be in English, though I'd be willing to translate it myself - would it still be considered a Nanoreno game if the translation comes outside the set month?
Currently trying to write new stories~

moonlightmaiden

#58 Post by moonlightmaiden »

Me! No idea if or how I will participate, but no matter what, I will for sure be lurking the forums to see how new projects are doing. I've done NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) so I know the craziness that can ensure and the fun that will come along with it. Yay to craziness and fun!

fullmontis
Regular
Deviantart: fullmontis
itch: fullmontis

#59 Post by fullmontis »

Nice. I was waiting for this :D

I'm going to partecipate, it's not my first gamejam but it's my first NaNoRenO so I'm really excited. I've never developed a complete VN (only a few kinetic novels in other game jams) so I'm curios about how the actual development will go.

It will be a great time to practice my writing and art skills (which kinda suck at this moment), and reading about other projects' progress. I already have an idea for a concept, my creative engines are running, now it's just time to wait for the 1st of march :)

Puchin
Regular

#60 Post by Puchin »

Well, I'm back to the forum and ready to face this years NaNoReNo! I'll be using Novelty thought, is that a problem??
I'm so excited, never tried to VisualNovel before!
Fav Games: REI - NanoLife 1.1 - Zayay - Dizzy Hearts Demo - Night at the Hospital