What does your dream house looks like?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

Re: What does your dream house looks like?

#16 Post by Desu_Cake »

I want a Georgian manor house full of Edwardian furniture. With stucco on the walls and ceilings, Rennaissance and Impressionist paintings hanging up, a grand piano and a four-poster bed.

darkphilious

#17 Post by darkphilious »

Must have garden, fountain, pool and library, with a large driveway. Yes, I'm thinking of a mansion.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#18 Post by mugenjohncel »

"POOF" (Disappears)
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed May 28, 2014 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

junna
Veteran
Projects: DreamWalker; History; Adversity Competition

#19 Post by junna »

lol! now I actually miss my dad snoring his head off stereo sound with my mum.
chibi avvie by Meg (buprettyinpink).
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#20 Post by KittyKatStar »

I used to daydream about the ultimate house...

Now my 'dream' house is something small, but with modern appliances and has dishwasher AND washer/dryer. (Always been one OR the other whenever we moved. ;_; )

I really just want a small house that gives the illusion of space, closet space... Somewhere BF and I can live comfortably. <3

Halsey5

#21 Post by Halsey5 »

I always dreamed for a luxurious and big house. My present house is not so good so i a planning to buy property in Arizona with the help of Luxury Arizona Real Estate agent. He is also putting all his efforts to provide me my desired house.

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#22 Post by JumpJump »

My house would be inside a massive tree. I always wanted a house with a mix of nature and technology, working side by side. As long as I've got space for my family, tec and all my plants, I'm happy.

Failing that......Deathstar.
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#23 Post by Rinima »

My dreamhouse.... where I use to live (aka, with my parent's).
It was small, but homely, had everyone I cared about within 10 miles (so I could see them easily) and a not to bad neighbourhood :)
Only difference is that I would want one extra room so I wouldn't have to share XD *refuser to ever share a room again, yes, even if I get married one day*
JumpJump wrote:Failing that......Deathstar.
I second this.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

rakada
Regular

#24 Post by rakada »

for me Not too much... all I want is a nice little down to earth house that i can come home to with me and my wife nothing to fancy just something like the photo below. ^_^
Attachments
Japanesehouse.jpg
cool house.jpg
amazing-home.jpg

ahtramlegna

#25 Post by ahtramlegna »

I just want it to have a garden... X3

ameliori
Veteran
Completed: Who is Mike?, Cupid
Projects: The Black Beast [Fairytale]
Organization: FERVENT
Tumblr: ameliori
itch: fervent

#26 Post by ameliori »

It's a spacious studio with large windows. The walls are in muted orange and the floor is polished wood. My studio would be there, all my art materials, my computer and my work space is on one end of the studio. I have a standing desk because I heard it's good for your health haha. The decor would be in warm tones. One day I want to be a good enough artist that I wouldn't be ashamed to hang up my own work.

There's a large white fluffy sofa that can double as a bed when I get tired. There isn't a TV or a sound system because I prefer using headphones on my music and I don't watch a lot of TV anyway.

On the far side would be a small kitchen and the restroom. Beside that kitchen is a short flight of stairs. Upstairs is a simple bedroom with cream sheets. It's quite bare because I hang out exclusively in the studio and probably sleep on the sofa. There's a patio outside when you slide one of the windows/glass doors. There's a chair and a small table outside. That's where I do my sketches and watch people walking by while having tea. My friends love hanging out there for quiet evenings.

Bless this thread. What a great mental exercise.

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#27 Post by thebackup »

I just want to live modestly, nothing too extravagant that will attract unwanted attention.
Like this: https://homes.yahoo.com/blogs/spaces/de ... 12961.html

Although I do want running water, bathroom, cable, internet access, and is located somewhere where I can get peace and quiet.

Will probably only work if I stay single though.

RheaZeamoll
Completed: The Clown
Organization: Aurora Incendium Productions

#28 Post by RheaZeamoll »

My dream home is suburban (so that I and my wife won't have to travel forever to go to work) but still away from the "city" feeling, and is pretty big. Well, not the home, but I want a big garden with a Beautiful lily pond, and enough ground for our kids and pets to run around, and a little summer hut to write in and a swing, and flowers and trees and birds nesting in them....and oh yeah, a pool. xD And the home itself - it's airy and spacious and peaceful, cool in the daytime and warm and cozy at night. There will be lots of greenery, and the whole house will be as versatile as possible. There's an office for adults, study room for kids, and literal WALLS of books. The kitchen is the family hanging-out place, so it'll be big too. The living room has a fancy tv with skype to talk to our relatives far away, and big cozy beanbags and other cuddleries (invented that word just now) and most of all, our home would be filled with love and simple happiness day in and day out. *dreamyeyes*
| Writer | Editor | Artist | Honest Critique
| The Clown | dissonance in my head | aurora incendium productions |

| Editor, Proofreader and Researcher at your service! |

Dreaming of the day I take over the world with animals. Beware.

Crystaline Spade
Regular
Projects: Where the Wind Travels
Tumblr: crystaline-spade
Deviantart: CrystalineSpade

#29 Post by Crystaline Spade »

I think I dream to small...

I'd like at least one main room when you walk in with the kitchen visible from it. The kitchen would be small with the minimum requirements. A small bathroom. One bedroom with a futon instead of a bed. And I'd love to be able to paint on the walls.

And yeah, I don't know how I plan to wash my clothes...
Send them to my mom every week?
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

LRH
Regular

#30 Post by LRH »

A long, slender, two story rough stone house blending English farm cottage with southwestern adobe architecture, the roof is bedecked with solar panels, the gutters leading to rain barrels for watering the garden. A post and rail fence separates the classic English herb/medicinal garden at the back of the house from a small three stall stable yard, with separate feed room and tack room, with more post and rail fencing dividing forty acres beyond the stable yard into two huge pastures. Beside the house, opposite the lush looseboxes of the stable yard is a large sand and rubber granule riding arena filled with all the equipment I need to practice showjumping. The opposite side of the house, forming an offset T shape with the stable yard buildings and the main house, has a general purpose workshop with lathes, pillar drills and other useful workshop equipment, and this workshop adjoins a garage large enough for three cars.

It's a step-up from mud-rooms at the front and back door to enter the house, helping to keep the interior clean. The ground floor would be mostly open plan, with the front door opening into the multipurpose space, and the back door in the kitchen area opening out into the herb garden. A small bathroom is also on this floor, containing a tub large enough to lounge in, and a pressurized self-heating shower. An open staircase leads up to the upper floor, where the main bedroom has windows overlooking the front and rear of the property, two smaller rooms each overlook the front or back of the property, and the hallway at the top of the stairs functions as a computer room/study/studio. The interior is decorated in a relaxed style that blends English cottage with southwestern American style, the floors are reclaimed wood, with no particular rhyme nor reason, and no particular effort to color-match, creating a subtle variation and interest in the hardwood floors of the house. The colors are warm, yet airy, throughout the house.