Jared-Looking for mainly a BG artist [Closed]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
dreamy
Regular
Organization: Cloud9 Dreams
Tumblr: fey-en

Jared-Looking for mainly a BG artist [Closed]

#1 Post by dreamy »

“Your fate lies in our hands, if you wish to change it there will be consequences…”

Before Hope Millard knows it, she’s on the run from a peril which has changed her once perfect life. Just as she nearly gets caught by it, a young man named Christopher Redrere, manager of Jared Corporation, saves her. He even offers to protect her under one condition: Hope must work for the renowned Jared Corporation as his assistant. Although reluctant at first, she agrees. That one decision has lead to landing in a bigger mess than the one she was in before, something which can change her fate completely yet again.

More details for this project can be found here http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=25725
Hi!
As the name suggests, I am currently recruiting artists that can help me complete this project. The genre is mainly mystery and a bit dark themed. These are the positions offered:
Sketch artist (POSITION TAKEN)
I'm not really good at drawing different poses so I think it would be a better idea to hire someone to do sprite art. I can do lineart and colouring easily and it comes out well, but I will need someone to sketch out different poses for different characters.
Background artist (POSITION TAKEN)
I could probably filter photographs or use free backgrounds but some of them are pretty hard to find. All that is necessary is a rough sketch and colouring and it will do :)
Lineart and colouring(POSITION TAKEN)
Although I mentioned it will not be necessary, it doesn't mean that this option is completely unavailable. Besides, if there are time constraints and I can't do colouring then I guess it will come necessary :)
Requirements and details on positions
-In total, there will be at least 11 character sprites with at minimum 4 different expressions/poses for each one (The amount is subject to change for each character sprite but this will be the rough amount)
-There will be around 10-12 backgrounds (number also subject to change). Most backgrounds involve drawing office room, computers and other technical gadgets.
-The number of illustrations (CGs) and other artwork are currently undecided.
-Since it's a murder-mystery game, it may involve drawing blood, weapons and dead people.
All these positions are unpaid because this is a free game.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please PM me or reply publicly here with samples of your artwork, thank you :D
Last edited by dreamy on Thu May 15, 2014 9:56 am, edited 9 times in total.
"Listen to the silence, it's so blissful...
So calm down and listen..."

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Jared-Looking for Artist

#2 Post by Googaboga »

I think you did a nice job setting up this thread. But you still need to mention how much work has already been done on the project, if any. That's not mentioned in either thread. And it'd be useful if you mentioned how many sprites/backgrounds you need and if you are looking for a specific style. Especially since this is unpaid you want to have as much info as possible so people who are interested will know if they will fit for the project and if the work load is something they can handle.

Also I'd suggest putting the plot synopsis in this thread as well as linking to the other thread. That would be more convenient for people who come here.

Good luck :].
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

dreamy
Regular

#3 Post by dreamy »

Hi!
Thank you for the feedback on my posts. I edited both of my threads accordingly :)

burnt_offering
Regular
Completed: The Stroke of Midnight
Organization: Ace Of Spades
IRC Nick: burnt_offering or TheTapDancer
itch: aceofspadesvn

#4 Post by burnt_offering »

dreamy wrote:
Jared.jpg
Plot Synopsis: Hope Millard knows that the only way to escape from a dangerous governmental peril is to run from it. It is not as easy at it seems and when she nearly gets caught, a young man named Christopher Redrere saves her. However, Christopher comes with a deal for Hope in order to further protect her: To work at Jared Corporation, a dangerously well-known company, as his assistant. Before she knows it, Hope is dragged into an even more complicated mess than she previously was in before, which can bring her to a situation she wouldn't want to be in...

More details for this project can be found here http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=25725
Hi!
As the name suggests, I am currently recruiting artists that can help me complete this project. These are the positions offered:
Sketch artist (POSITION TAKEN)
I'm not really good at drawing different poses so I think it would be a better idea to hire someone to do sprite art. I can do lineart and colouring easily and it comes out alright, but I will need someone to sketch out different poses for different characters.
Background artist
I cannot really draw any of these so it will come in handy to have a background artist.
Lineart and colouring(POSITION TAKEN)
Although I mentioned it will not be necessary, it doesn't mean that this option is completely unavailable. Besides, if there are time constraints and I can't do colouring then I guess it will come necessary :)
Requirements and details on positions
-In total, there will be at least 11 character sprites with at minimum 4 different expressions/poses for each one (The amount is subject to change for each character sprite but this will be the rough amount)
-There will be around 12 backgrounds (also subject to changes but that will be the maximum)
-The number of illustration (CGs) and other artwork are currently undecided
-Since it's a murder-mystery game, it may involve drawing blood, weapons and dead people.
Note: A person can opt for more than one position and all these jobs are unpaid.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please PM me or reply publicly here with a copy of your artwork, thank you :D
Have you heard of FotoSketcher? I've been using it to make backgrounds and it's incredibly easy, provided you have rooms to use.
[url]http:\\aceofspades@vnovel.com[/url]
Or just follow me at @AceOfSpades_VN

dreamy
Regular

#5 Post by dreamy »

burnt_offering wrote:Have you heard of FotoSketcher? I've been using it to make backgrounds and it's incredibly easy, provided you have rooms to use.
Oh yes I have heard of FotoSketcher and I agree it's fairly simple to use. However, there are some specific scenes that will be included which I may not have the photos for, so a background artist will be really useful, which is why I'm also hiring background artists.
Thanks for the suggestion!

dreamy
Regular

#6 Post by dreamy »

Update:
The position sketch artist is open once again for CG drawing!

dreamy
Regular

Re: Jared-Looking for mainly a BG artist

#7 Post by dreamy »

Alright! Now I already have a artist for drawing sprites and illustrations. All I need now is someone who can draw some backgrounds. Thank you :)

Lady-Cynic
Regular
Completed: Bobette: A KN that's horrible but at least complete
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep
Organization: Cynical Ghost Productions
IRC Nick: Lady-Cynic

#8 Post by Lady-Cynic »

How many and what sort of backgrounds are we talking about here?
Architect in training!
Cynical Ghost Productions
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!
I prefer the pronouns xe, xem, xirself, etc., but what ever you use is cool with me.

dreamy
Regular

#9 Post by dreamy »

Lady-Cynic wrote:How many and what sort of backgrounds are we talking about here?
For now, there will be about 10-12 backgrounds excluding variations (time of the day) so far but the number may increase. Also, the backgrounds will specifically be:
-Tall building from outside
- One large hallway with another narrow one
- A computer room and printing room
-Three office rooms
-A grand living room
-A small bedroom and dark street
These are the ones which are necessary so far in the story.

Lady-Cynic
Regular
Completed: Bobette: A KN that's horrible but at least complete
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep
Organization: Cynical Ghost Productions
IRC Nick: Lady-Cynic

#10 Post by Lady-Cynic »

That sounds really doable. Just a few more questions though. How tall is this building, and am Iright to assume it's in an urban setting? What size do you want the BGs to be? Any specific style of architecture? Po-Mo, Industrial, Modern, Organic, Futuristic, etc.? Do you want cell shaded BGs (hard buy manageable for me) or soft shaded (which is my preferred)? I have surprisingly a lot of time to kill, so I can work with whatever you give me.
Architect in training!
Cynical Ghost Productions
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!
I prefer the pronouns xe, xem, xirself, etc., but what ever you use is cool with me.

dreamy
Regular

#11 Post by dreamy »

Lady-Cynic wrote:That sounds really doable. Just a few more questions though. How tall is this building, and am Iright to assume it's in an urban setting? What size do you want the BGs to be? Any specific style of architecture? Po-Mo, Industrial, Modern, Organic, Futuristic, etc.? Do you want cell shaded BGs (hard buy manageable for me) or soft shaded (which is my preferred)? I have surprisingly a lot of time to kill, so I can work with whatever you give me.
Yes, it is an urban setting. Most of the backgrounds are from modern time and I don't mind any type of shading for the backgrounds. Also the size of backgrounds should be about 600x800 and I do have specific styles for a few of the backgrounds. You can shoot me a PM if you're interested and we can discuss