The Dolls' Stories (REMOVED)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MissBot

Re: The Dolls' Stories

#91 Post by MissBot »

Just wanted to say that the storyline and artwork for this was amazing!
One of the first downloads I played was yours (I just joined today), and I had to instantly come here and say that it was awesome! I'm gonna be keeping an eye out on your work... Not to sound creepy ><

xxstrangesoulxx

#92 Post by xxstrangesoulxx »

What a nice game. I couldn't help but want more. I really like the characters. Melinda and Gilfred were awesome. I like their relationship as puppeteer and doll. And I loved the male doll! He was so cute omg.

I love how you can type whatever you're saying instead of having to choose an option, I thought that was a nice touch. The music was lovely. The backgrounds were nice. And the comic panels were cool, it made the game look epic.

warrior_of_peace

#93 Post by warrior_of_peace »

Wow! really awsome novel !! I enjoyed playing it !!! The backgrounds and sprites are drawn very well !!
I'm really impressed on how you made that dialogue typing thing (where you type the keywords to talk with the characters) ! How did you do that ?
I really want to know how ... can you tell me or show me a tutorial about it ? and what is called ?

NanaNaninna

#94 Post by NanaNaninna »

I really loved this novel! Great graphics, great story and original style! I loved the fact that it was even possible naming the doll and typing your answers. I hope to see more like this. Thank you so much for sharing!

TifaClocXII

#95 Post by TifaClocXII »

I play the game

this is what i wrote in the none hint
mdoll:would you practice sword with me
me:ok
mdoll:???
me:ok i will practice wooden sword with you
mdoll:can you repeat again
me:PLEASE PRACTICE WOODEN SWORD BY YOURSELF
mdoll:i'm sorry can you repeat again
me:SHUT UP MOTHER FUCKER
mdoll:would you practice sword with me(he ask again)
me:yes.................
Hahaha i cant thought of yes word because english not my first language :D

edit:i just finished the game,i thought i lose zanne(my doll name)than it show ending is zanne is grown up
Last edited by TifaClocXII on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

warrior_of_peace

#96 Post by warrior_of_peace »

TifaClocXII wrote:I play the game

this is what i wrote in the none hint
mdoll:would you practice sword with me
me:ok
mdoll:???
me:ok i will practice wooden sword with you
mdoll:can you repeat again
me:PLEASE PRACTICE WOODEN SWORD BY YOURSELF
mdoll:i'm sorry can you repeat again
me:SHUT UP MOTHER FUCKER
mdoll:would you practice sword with me(he ask again)
me:yes.................
Hahaha i cant thought of yes word because english not my first language :D
But you thought of all the other words ? O.o hahahaha

rmt_2011
Regular
Projects: Lacrimosa ~ Nightmare Terror, Deceptive Dreams
Deviantart: Pie-inator

#97 Post by rmt_2011 »

Hello. I discovered this game not too long ago and was interested in playing it. I tried to download it multiple times today but for some reason each time the download is not completing ;A; I don't know why this is happening but I would really love to play this game! I would really appreciate it if someone could help me ;w;

fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

#98 Post by fioricca »

Eeek I'm so behind with all the comments and love in this thread omg thank you everyone ;A; I can't believe there are still people playing dolls MORE THAN A YEAR LATER
rmt_2011 wrote:Hello. I discovered this game not too long ago and was interested in playing it. I tried to download it multiple times today but for some reason each time the download is not completing ;A; I don't know why this is happening but I would really love to play this game! I would really appreciate it if someone could help me ;w;
Hmm, there might be some issues with the site. I'm really sorry about this! You might like to try downloading via the old mediafire mirror?

WINDOWS
MAC
LINUX

rmt_2011
Regular

#99 Post by rmt_2011 »

fioricca wrote:Eeek I'm so behind with all the comments and love in this thread omg thank you everyone ;A; I can't believe there are still people playing dolls MORE THAN A YEAR LATER
rmt_2011 wrote:Hello. I discovered this game not too long ago and was interested in playing it. I tried to download it multiple times today but for some reason each time the download is not completing ;A; I don't know why this is happening but I would really love to play this game! I would really appreciate it if someone could help me ;w;
Hmm, there might be some issues with the site. I'm really sorry about this! You might like to try downloading via the old mediafire mirror?

WINDOWS
MAC
LINUX
Thank you very much! Downloading it now! :D

rmt_2011
Regular

#100 Post by rmt_2011 »

Just finished the game! (well..I finished as much as I could...was the fdoll never finished or is it just my version...?)
Anyway - it was awesome! I loved the music, the concept of the story, the characters and the art! The part where you also had to type things as answers was pretty cool too! I've never seen that in a game and I'm sure scripting that was a pain..good job though!

Haika
Regular
IRC Nick: Haika

#101 Post by Haika »

Aww, I want to play, but it said the file is damaged when I tried to extract it.

fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

#102 Post by fioricca »

Haika wrote:Aww, I want to play, but it said the file is damaged when I tried to extract it.
I'm so sorry to hear that! Could you maybe try re-downloading from the MF mirror?

WINDOWS
MAC
LINUX

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#103 Post by kara24601 »

Like so many others, I really loved mdoll's "family" path.
Haven't tried certain choices yet but maybe later.
Don't know why this is in completed games when fdolls path - ( at least one of them anyway? ) - is incomplete.

I have mixed feelings about the chat box thing...others already brought up what needs to be improved.
But it's something I've never seen in a ren'py game before so....very good, you've done something nobody else has!

On my first playthrough I mostly tried to spice up my responses a bit and sometimes made spelling mistakes or accidentally pressed enter too soon ,
it was funny to have Charlie ( mdoll ) or Jessica ( fdoll ) be all "huh?" when I would make a mistake.
On my playthrough with Jessica I just went with the keywords most of the time...

For example , I didn't like having to tell Charlie to shut up. I would've preferred to state / say something else or ask him a question.
But I know from playing with various artificial "intelligence" stuff online , that I might get something stupid or out of character from him.
( like the eliza program joke or whatever somewhere in the thread )

I know how much a pain in the rear it can be to program things too.

I have mixed feelings about fdoll's character design, she's kind of cute but at the same time it annoys me a little that she has a bow on her head and is in a dress but I love her personality! I loved both of the doll's personalities. It was fun interacting with them even though there were such limited things I could say to them.

I'd love to see this become a larger game someday with more dolls to choose from and improved chat system, ect.
Want to know more about this world...
Want more scenes and interactions with mdoll!
I know we players wish for a lot but we can't help ourselves sometimes.
Please forgive this.

Um, overall...good game. Fun. Not much to complain about other than what was already brought up. Thank you for making this!

DesiSkorm

#104 Post by DesiSkorm »

This game...was amazing!
I love everything about it - the story, the graphics, the effects...everything!
I even cried at the end. ^///^

LovetteSakura

#105 Post by LovetteSakura »

Just downloaded it now I have to wait and play it ^^