Winter Bliss~meeting you~ [short KN][otome][non-voice ver]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
thenameslynith13

Re: Winter Bliss~meeting you~ [short KN][otome][non-voice ve

#16 Post by thenameslynith13 »

omg beautiful art work and I love the story!
I was really sad when they couldn't be together! I almost started crying lol. but I loved the interaction between the two of them. and the guy at the end, is he suppose to be like the mad hatter? idk I just got an alice in wonderland feel at the end. at the beginning though I was thinking of the movie Frozen, bc her name is Ann and it had that whole frozen thing lol. but its all good! I loved every part! I cant wait to read the next part!

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#17 Post by Googaboga »

This was a really nicely put together game ^^. I thought the story was sweet :>.
Too bad things didn't work out for him in this game. But I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes In Black Rosette.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#18 Post by Didules »

Hello!
First of all, congratulation on releasing your game, Shilkefair!! :) Especially when it's such a beautiful game!
As for the questions you asked...
-Which scene do you like in the game?
The last confrontation between Salju, Ann and her father I guess.
It was a bit expected but really efficient and sad, which is a really good thing! Besides, the CG are wonderful ^^
-what do you think about the characters?
Ann was a nice character to play as, she was cute, a bit naive but still a good girl, although she didn't really fight against Salju's fate.
Salju was a sad character who believed in fatality. He may have been the most interesting character of all,
and his concern for Ann's passed life in the last scene made him all the more interesting! His sacrifice really made him the best character ever!
Congratulations to Chocojax for the GUI because it's beautiful, and to Didiwalker too (cute chibiiiiiiiiiiiii <3 )
Apart from that, there were a few english mistakes but it didn't disturb the game, so that was still nice to play ^^
The sound is great, especially the one for freezing the breads !! :)

Thanks a lot for the game!!
See you soon for black rosette/your other WIP-game (Selene was it?)

shilkefair
Regular
Completed: Winter Bliss~meeting you~
Projects: Black rosette [VN], Selene

#19 Post by shilkefair »

@Mimi_Melody
Salju nooooo... #%&*%^$@# He's an idiot *sobs* I totally saw that coming but I couldn't take it T_T The ending made sense and all, for the extra scene, "The Wise" found Salju, I was kinda happy 'cuz there'd be hope of him being free again. But the thought of Salju being there, alone, in the cold, for ninety years after Ann left (yeah at first my eyes nearly popped out, I thought I read it wrong or sth) just broke my heart. And story wise, you just gave me a reason to wait for Black Rosette. Everything else wise, I'll be looking forward to more games from you. Anyhow, I don't have that many hearts so please don't break any more in Black Rosette *sobs again*
I guess it's obvious, hahaha.
let's just see what happens in Black Rosette :D
Overall, I did enjoy it. The art was amazing and blue was just what I like so no complaints there. I have to agree the chibis were cute~
And yes bread ftw~ I liked that scene a lot, Salju and Ann were TOGETHER and having fun with some cool bread~
haha, many like that scene <3
@NanaNaninna
I really loved this! Great art and great story! Salju is really beautiful, I already had my eyes on Fion, but they're both so beautiful, I am confused over which one to choose now! :P
I was a bit sad at the end when they didn't stay together, I thought she was going to free him from the spell with an "I love you", like in all the fairy tales, but I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens in Black Rosette.
Thank you :D haha, you should stay with fion coz in Black Rosette Salju isn't obtainable;3
@nijikomori
Congratulations on releasing the game! :D And such beautiful art, definitely a must-try visual novel! :3
wah, Thank you so much for the kind words :D
The story itself is really great, I love the relationship development between Ann and Salju. It's sad that they couldn't be together. :"( Even though I'm quite a fan of not-so-happy-ending-where-everyone-is-happy, I still feel bad that Ann couldn't visit Salju anymore. My favorite scene is when Ann asked Salju to keep turning her bread into ice. I totally 'sweatdropped' when I see that scene. XD And Salju was like, 'Aren't you going to eat your bread?' while Ann was too excited to actually remember that she brought them to be eaten, not to turn them into ice. X"D
As for the characters, I love Ann's personality, be it when she's still a nine year old or a seventeen year old. She's just adorable! :3 And I'm kinda curious who her fiancee is, actually. Okay, just ignore that part. And I love how she could fill the loneliness within Salju's heart just by being her, a prove that they compliment each other. Why can't they be together?? *cries in the corner* I also love Salju's design and personality. Like, it totally showed that he's not just a mere human, but a king who have been abandoned by his people, and yet he never tried to take revenge on them or what. He never realized that he's lonely, but when Ann came he finally did. But even if Ann was all he had, he always wished for her happiness and didn't try to lock her up so she couldn't marry another guy. That kinda thing just stab so so deep in my fragile heart. :"(
wah, ternyata orang indo?
Thank you for liking the characters and salju's design :D
Your word really hits the spot:D
Salju choose to lock himself up because he knows that if she visit him all the time she wouldn't find happiness, he thought that he's dragging her down.
By the way, I got an exception in the end of Salju and Ann's story, just before the scene between Fion and Salju. Just thought I'd let you know, maybe you could do something to fix it? :)
Oh, thanks for notifying me^^
i'll fix it soon :D

@nipaa_kazuma
I'll only have one reaction :
It's true, I think it's better this way, but it's still a little sadistic =).
haha, i guess :D

@silverpikachu99
I loved this game <3 It was short but sweet, and I love that it was related to Black Rosette!! Besides the few errors and spelling mistakes, i'd say this was pretty good :) Good job!
Thank you very much!:D

@SilverSnow
Finished playing the demo! Loved it a lot! >////< Not to mention Salju *-* I'm curious... why did the witch put a curse him? Has it got something to do with Black Rosette? sorry for being annoying -_-
Story and all, I really admire your art style ❤❤❤ The ending though bitter-sweet worked well enough although it was sad ;_;
Reminds me of that short anime movie Hotarubi No Mori E...

Thank you :D well all i can say is the reason will be revealed on Black Rosette ^^
oh, i know that movie, the movie was pretty sad :(

@thenameslynith13
I was really sad when they couldn't be together! I almost started crying lol. but I loved the interaction between the two of them. and the guy at the end, is he suppose to be like the mad hatter? idk I just got an alice in wonderland feel at the end.
Black Rosette is the continuation for this game, but you could say that winter bliss is a side story of the white king a prologue for Black Rosette^^
the guy at the end is the cast of Black Rosette and like you said it's going to have a bit of alice of wonderland feel to it^^
at the beginning though I was thinking of the movie Frozen, bc her name is Ann and it had that whole frozen thing lol. but its all good! I loved every part! I cant wait to read the next part!
haha, funny thing is, i did mention this back in the original thread, this is what i said back then : "Okay, guys you know that i’ve been developing winter bliss since august and it’s in it’s final stages and i wanted to ask you guys a question what would you do if you have a story and found out that it’s similar to other stories that you just watched?
Because you see, today i just watched Frozen from disney(and it’s a really awesome movie by the way) and as i watched it i notice that winter bliss have some similar aspects like say, in Winter bliss my character name is ANN and in frozen the heroine name is ANNA(how did that happened!?) and ANNA wear braids like ANN(just when ann is little) and they both have similar hair color and it’s about winter as well and there's even some similar dialogues i think.
Well i can’t really tell anymore than this it will spoil the story and what should i do? I don’t want people to (maybe) compare it or say it’s similar to frozen in anyway==” i’m not saying that my story is similar to frozen because it’s not it's different, and mine isn't as awesome as frozenXD they just have a few similarities though, a few." after that few people said to me that i don't really have to change anything, and i didn't even know about frozen until i finish winter Bliss story lol and after that it's all to late to change anything
That sums it up i guess, it was mearly a coincident :D

@Googaboga
This was a really nicely put together game ^^. I thought the story was sweet :>.
Too bad things didn't work out for him in this game. But I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes In Black Rosette.
Thank you very much!:D

@Didules
Hello!
First of all, congratulation on releasing your game, Shilkefair!! :) Especially when it's such a beautiful game!
Thank you very much! :D
It was a bit expected but really efficient and sad, which is a really good thing! Besides, the CG are wonderful ^^
Ann was a nice character to play as, she was cute, a bit naive but still a good girl, although she didn't really fight against Salju's fate.
Salju was a sad character who believed in fatality. He may have been the most interesting character of all,
and his concern for Ann's passed life in the last scene made him all the more interesting! His sacrifice really made him the best character ever!
Thanks for liking Ann and salju,
i think that what you said of both of them are true.
Congratulations to Chocojax for the GUI because it's beautiful, and to Didiwalker too (cute chibiiiiiiiiiiiii <3 )
Apart from that, there were a few english mistakes but it didn't disturb the game, so that was still nice to play ^^
The sound is great, especially the one for freezing the breads !! :)

Thanks a lot for the game!!
See you soon for black rosette/your other WIP-game (Selene was it?)
Yes, those are beautifull GUI and Very cute Chibi <3
glad you like the sound^^

Welcome!:D
yes, Selene. But still an idea though^^

Alice PH
Regular

#20 Post by Alice PH »

For those who finish the game:
-Which scene do you like in the game?
Definitely the one where Ann and Salju said goodbye to each other. It was really beautiful and heart wrenching at the same time...I..I was literally whimpering "Don't leave..." over and over again. Although I knew that they won't get a happy ending...And it would somehow end up with Ann having to marry someone, kind of like those Manga I got, I would still cry, over and over again when I experience this story. Because it was really through the words that Ann was really important to Salju.
Honestly I don't like Ann when she was still a kid, but then, she IS a child so I kind of find her outburst annoying but I'm probably like that because my personality is like that xD. Then she grew up and her personality improved and she look really pretty. Salju is still Salju, I love him so damn much I don't even know how much I cried when he did what he needs to to her father and to the cave. He is still thinking about her after ninety years...An important friend...It's really sad seeing how...How do I put it. How he...Believes that...His curse would never be lifted...It was really nice to see him comfort Ann by making snow and not like normally how he would 'attempt' to touch her. He knows what he shouldn't. Oh I'm blabbering already.
I wonder what he looks like with black hair? And that 'continued at Black Rosetta' oh teaase, yay! Now finished with this back story, I will love the main one even more xD~
If you give your words on the game that you will finish.
I will wait. Let it be 2 years,4 years or more ★

Fuyuko

#21 Post by Fuyuko »

The writing is ok but the art is beautiful, a lot of games don't have this kind of art. I think your art is great but you need to work on the writing more.

xxxSakura
Regular

#22 Post by xxxSakura »

*ugly sobbing* Full of feels after I completed this KN! I guess I'm the only one who
expected a fairytale-like ending where Ann will defy fate and run back into the cave and there'll be a happily ever after for Salju
, but the ending turned out to be really befitting xD I just hope he eventually finds his own happiness I mean omg it's been ninety years

In any case, my favourite scene has got to be the chibi insert where Salju is freezing all those bread for Ann! That is unbelievably adorable :lol: Also the only thing that bugged me (don't mind me, I'm a grammar Nazi) were the few grammatical and spelling errors, but good work on that beautiful art! Looking forward to playing Black Rosette to find out more about Salju, his history as well as Taika!

xxstrangesoulxx

#23 Post by xxstrangesoulxx »

Lovely game. The art was very appealing. It had very nice sprites, backgrounds and CG's. I loved the characters, excepted Takia, didn't really care much about him. Ann and Salju are awesome. My favorite scene was the one where Salju was freezing the bread. I love their friendship. I was so glad for Salju that he made a friend in Ann and that Ann cared for him.
omg it killed me that Ann and Salju couldn't be together. T_T It was bound to happen, but I stilled hoped the best for them. I just wanted poor Salju and Ann to be happy.
Overall it was a nice game. :) I'm glad I took the time to download and play it.

Oh and I found a bug. Here you go.
Attachments
winterbug.PNG

Aceline

#24 Post by Aceline »

VERY UPSET UBOUT THE ENDING. But the I'm-angry-because-I-really-cared-about-the-characters-and-wanted-them-together kind of angry
Beautiful music and sprites and CGs and backgrounds and story I loved it!

kukiko-tan
Regular
Completed: Fear Not
Projects: The Song of the Caged Crow, Revealed Royalty, The Golden Seed
Organization: RONI
Deviantart: kukiko-tan

#25 Post by kukiko-tan »

Long time has passed since I last played such a well-made game! Dear, you've honestly made me cry at least twice ; - ; )...well, I did chuckle once or twice too 8'DD the comic-relief scene was well-placed. I really look forward to playing Black Rosette! The storyline is really well-written and I love the characters a lot! I appreciate you for doing such a good job :). Also, I have no words for the art side (in a good way). It's too wonderful to be described. Also, I think your style suits the story quite well. ^_^)b

PorpoiseDuo
Projects: Anthos

#26 Post by PorpoiseDuo »

So many feels. ;o;
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but wow, the art is seriously gorgeous. Anything I would offer critique on has already been mentioned, and really there's only a few - awesome work!
I really loved the way you ended the story...those kinds of endings are my favourite. o|-<
As for my favorite scene...
That very end when the ice is caving in and he givers her one last smile oh goooddd it slayed me! As far as characters go I don't have a favorite but the chemistry between Ann and Salju is really lovely and natural~ Salju's design is definitely my favourite here though.
Can't wait for the next installment, congratulations on the release!

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#27 Post by kara24601 »

I'm missing two cgs because after a certain point the story keeps crashing on me.
Up till then , really enjoying it!
Lovely art.

Here's the message I get :
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 2394, in script
Exception: Sayer 'centere' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Winter Bliss-1.0-all\renpy\execution.py", line 288, in run
node.execute()
File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Winter Bliss-1.0-all\renpy\ast.py", line 431, in execute
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % self.who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'centere' is not defined.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.16.5.525
Winter Bliss 1.0
I was really annoyed with the whole "gotta marry and have kids" thing ...poor girl. So does the king end up a free man or not? I hope the "real" ending is a happy one and not "the king imprisoned himself in ice" :(

sutekichan

#28 Post by sutekichan »

I loved this so much! Oh, my heart! :cry:

macaron
Regular

#29 Post by macaron »

There's a problem with the game, just like what kara24601 had said.

I enjoyed it! The art, story and everything is just amazing!
Though, why did you let Ann died. I know she'll die sooner or later, but why married to someone else?
That made me cried TT_______TT
IT'S HEARTBREAKING & BEAUTIFUL.

Though, you'd like to fix some of the words that you misspelled.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR BLACK ROSETTE! <3
Please, please, please let Salju have a happy ending of his own. He needs it!

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#30 Post by Taleweaver »

Locked by OP's request.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift